Any info on Polaris sled shipments?

byr 13

Getting the LTX Gt wanted power steering but its supposed to be a 2022. Dealer said you can order a 2023 but more money not worried about depreciation with the supposed price increase. But who know if it does not come maybe a Skidoo 900 Enduro for her. She liked how the Viper rode and did not like the 850.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for being a Spring Power Surge customer! We know many of you are still anxiously awaiting the arrival of your 2022 Yamaha Snowmobile. Here at Yamaha, we continue to work through supply chain constraints and production delays, while doing everything in our power to ship out 2022 Snowmobiles as quickly as possible.

We’ve informed all dealers of the latest delivery timing we expect for this season and will continue to update them as new information becomes available. In some cases, snowmobiles will arrive in the month of April.

We recognize this has a profound impact on many customer's riding plans, and for that we sincerely apologize.

If you’d like to cancel your deposit for a full refund, you may do so at any time by calling 1-800-962-7926. Please note that due to continuing supply chain challenges, 2023 Yamaha Snowmobiles may see price increases.

As further acknowledgement of the inconvenience to our customers, should you choose to keep your deposit in place and take delivery of a 2022 Yamaha Snowmobile, we will double your VISA gift card offer to $500.

Thank you for being a member of the Yamaha family and for your patience this season. If you have any additional questions regarding your order, please contact your Yamaha dealer.

Sincerely,
wow what a reply from yamaha

longtrack

I would wait for the 2022 with the extra cash back, the 2023 will probably cost $ 2000 more with Aluminum prices expected to skyrocket.

Switchback8

Well I understand the supply chain issues and all of the above, but the the issue I have with the people at Polaris is that I placed my order on March 15th and another person placed an order on April 9th for a complete copy of my sled order and he has received his Sled and mine is now pushed out to March. Makes no sense at all. Polaris has to explain this. Also why would Polaris state in the email letter that we can chose a sled from Dealer Stock and cancel the unit on order. Their is no reason any dealer should have any floor inventory (and most don't) especially when they can't fill all the snow check orders. Oh one more thing to mention is that last week my dealer which I actually work for part time received a 2022 unit as a Demo unit for the sales rep. Is this good when we are waiting for sold units to arrive. Don't want to hear the supply chain issues or trucking issues as an excuse.

elf

So how do you explain the head of the Polaris snow division going on video in October telling snow check customers all sleds would be delivered in November?? That's 7 months after we ordered the sleds and one month from when he thinks they are getting delivered. Mine didn't get built until January 5th and delivered late January. Clearly more then one supplier let them down. Sounds more like all of them.
I can't explain why he said what he said. False optimism?? Misled by suppliers? Every manufacturer is disappointing customers right now, my industry is no different. Its obviously not just Polaris, every sled manufacturer is having the same issue. I can understand the venting and frustration and if I had ordered this year instead of last year I would be just as annoyed. But I'm pretty sure they would've preferred to avoid this also.

euphoric1

I can't explain why he said what he said. False optimism?? Misled by suppliers? Every manufacturer is disappointing customers right now, my industry is no different. Its obviously not just Polaris, every sled manufacturer is having the same issue. I can understand the venting and frustration and if I had ordered this year instead of last year I would be just as annoyed. But I'm pretty sure they would've preferred to avoid this also.
Agreed, its every industry, don't even get me started on mine, it's very troubling and angering, and I like others have heard every excuse in the book! We can't change it now, we could have prevented it and to all of those who thought the shutdown was a good idea... you made the bed...now sleep in it! as you have no right to complain about empty shelves, delayed shipments and rising costs as this is the end result and now we all have to live with and endure it. I too don't think it's any manufacturers desire to do what's currently happening. The fact of the matter is we should have never shut down what was the best economy we seen in decades, that in the end didn't accomplish a thing, and one could argue it worsened what it was intended to do. We will never admit it either. We also now need to rethink this "just in time" manufacturing ideal.... IT DOESNT WORK! , get America back to work and become less dependent on outsourcing especially from foreign entities. We can't undo whats been done but if we don't LEARN BY OUR MISTAKES.. it's never going to get better.

Highflyer

You clearly don't have a pulse of Polaris troubles. Heck, many of the sled had been built but Polaris takes 3-4 weeks to deliver sleds 6 hours from the factory. Spare me the " it's every industry" line. Or shipping is a mess. If Polaris made it a priority to get us our sleds they could. Instead they did business as usual and used Covid/supply chain issues as its excuse. It's only the businesses that refuse to adapt that are having problems. Polaris runs its company the same way it did in the 90's.

whitedust

If sleds haven’t shipped by now not much point for 2022 season. I bought a new sled in March on close out pricing but snow conditions were epic.

fz583

My XCR shipped on 1/25/22, It's going 1600 miles to it's destination, today is day 12, 2/6/22, no sled yet! WTF! Ordered it on March12, 2021

renegade

We also now need to rethink this "just in time" manufacturing ideal.... IT DOESNT WORK! , get America back to work and become less dependent on outsourcing especially from foreign entities. We can't undo whats been done but if we don't LEARN BY OUR MISTAKES.. it's never going to get better.
Like it or not, JIT saved many american manufacturing companies from certain death, inventory is expensive and weighs down on profits. If your direct competitor is running a lean JIT inventory system and you are not, you will lose 9 times out of 10.

old abe

Like it or not, JIT saved many american manufacturing companies from certain death, inventory is expensive and weighs down on profits. If your direct competitor is running a lean JIT inventory system and you are not, you will lose 9 times out of 10.
I've been around JIT for 35+ years. Both Manufacturing, and Transportation. That is not what I've witnessed in any way! 9 chances in 10 for JIT to Fail! Too many LINKS in the CHAIN to fail, and they Do Fail. If one fails, it effects the whole JIT. JIT puts Extreme Pressure on suppliers, Financially, and Physicly Functional! Many times causing THEIR failure, and ends in putting them OOB, Out Of Business! No way around it!

renegade

I've been around JIT for 35+ years. Both Manufacturing, and Transportation. That is not what I've witnessed in any way! 9 chances in 10 for JIT to Fail! Too many LINKS in the CHAIN to fail, and they Do Fail. If one fails, it effects the whole JIT. JIT puts Extreme Pressure on suppliers, Financially, and Physicly Functional! Many times causing THEIR failure, and ends in putting them OOB, Out Of Business! No way around it!
It for sure puts more pressure on the transportation industry. But everything else you mention is false. But you did give me a good laugh. I honestly can't think of any manufacturer that I or my drivers have picked up at where the product hasn't just gotten finished, and then delivered to another manufacturer where they haven't been waiting for it.

SledTL

Extremely true. It's also not even JIT that is killing things its the "outsourced" parts from dozens (or hundreds) of suppliers. For instance are you going to pay $5 for an o-ring seal that you made in house, or $.35 for one from an injection house? Do simple business logic here people. These types of decisions are made on a daily basis in a mfg setting. Call it bean counting if you want, but its simple economies of scale. You pick your "strengths" and focus on those things (in Polaris case its outdoor branding, car companies are on design, Apple is on technology, etc). Mfg is not a driver for decisions at most companies despite what you might think.

tsg

March 11, 2022 Update: Still have not taken delivery of the 2022 XC 650 Polaris I snowchecked back in March 2021. Recent update is that I should expect it in early April. Wow, how helpful!

1200+ trouble free miles on the 22 850 TNT (complete except DESS chip) we bought to cover up for the Polaris FAILURE/void, so should have known better.

Unlucky yes, but still put a ton of blame on Polaris, regardless of "world circumstances"!

old abe

It for sure puts more pressure on the transportation industry. But everything else you mention is false. But you did give me a good laugh. I honestly can't think of any manufacturer that I or my drivers have picked up at where the product hasn't just gotten finished, and then delivered to another manufacturer where they haven't been waiting for it.
False, laugh, eh? Not! I've been in the trucking/transportation industry since I could drive. In the late 80's, contracting with a very large world mfr, switching to JIT. Many failures, lines shut downs due to inventory shortages. Pickup at venders, product not ready, then that screwed up the next process of those parts. Milk run trucking routes very hard to run on time due to that type failure. I do have to admit, that a large part of the failures were due to trying to get JIT done in too sort of time frame, and dictating cheap cost factors. Unreasonable low costs demanded. Seen all too many venders go out of business due to relying too much on one Co. Others told purchasing Co, they were no longer dealing with them. Pickup locations constinantly changing. The more part/component production moved outside of US, or off shored made things all the worse. Longer line down periods. Unreasonable low cost, and not proper time allotment large factors. No Bull, just Fact!

1fujifilm

March 11, 2022 Update: Still have not taken delivery of the 2022 XC 650 Polaris I snowchecked back in March 2021. Recent update is that I should expect it in early April. Wow, how helpful!

1200+ trouble free miles on the 22 850 TNT (complete except DESS chip) we bought to cover up for the Polaris FAILURE/void, so should have known better.

Unlucky yes, but still put a ton of blame on Polaris, regardless of "world circumstances"!
You don't want the 650, the Doo 850 gets 20% better MPG and doesn't buzz so bad it leaves your hands tingling when you get off.

Beat

tsg

FUJI, thanks for the response. Bought the Polaris just to see what they are like and for some variety. Daughter will be riding that mostly if I ever get it and do not sell it. Diehard Doo guy with 3 850's and a 600r in the family still, and that is what I will continue to ride.

Arrived but without the 7S. 368 days from order and same day as trail closure. I’ll pick it up Monday and hope for some remnant of snow in the yoop next week.