Auto experts: oil seepage

Airman68

I drive older stuff, all of my vehicles (3) have over 200k miles on them and some leak more than others. I only get concerned if the leak get's out of hand. I got rid of a 2008 Impala, 235k miles that the leak just got bad enough I couldn't park it anywhere because of the drips and always had to park over a piece of cardboard plus it was a $1500 car. My 2008 Yukon XL, 203k miles drips here and there but not bad. 2017 Hyundai sonata, 201k miles, not a drip or any seepage. Wifes car, best car I ever owned, have ever only done brakes and oil, runs like a clock.

jjj70095

I have not see any drops on ground yet.....Dont know why Marganthaler said there was "oil was seaping heavily" in their initial assessment.

mezz

I have not see any drops on ground yet.....Don't know why Margenthaler said there was "oil was seeping heavily" in their initial assessment.
Because they want you to spend more $$$ with them. I recommend you to find a reputable local independent shop to do business with from now on. Just my .02.

Airman68

Oil seepage to one person is different to another. I've driven some pretty leaky cars before. If there are no drops on the ground and you don't have to add oil, you're probably ok. If you're really particular about leaks and oil, well I'm sure anything can be fixed for the $$. Could get a second opinion or have a friend that knows cars to take a look.

whitedust

I have not see any drops on ground yet.....Dont know why Marganthaler said there was "oil was seaping heavily" in their initial assessment.
You don’t know if these guys get commission on the repairs they generate. Obviously saw you as a target. When I feel a repair person taking advantage I call them out on the spot more or less tell them no fing way take a hike. If they try to keep talking one word works and that is STOP! Usually they get the picture after that for those that don’t a louder STOP that usually terminates the conversation sometimes an apology on the spot.