B&M Fab Running Boards

How many people have them/have done them? It was a lot easier then I figured and cant wait to try them out! I did my RMK, and my buddy did his IQr, I also have another RMK to do soon

10654085_10152230893655807_1645587781_n.jpg 10516774_10152224453925807_1419347207979238288_n.jpg 10660787_10152230893910807_763980570_n.jpg

Camera 9-14 078.jpg Camera 9-14 079.jpg

ezra

I did them on my old 11M last yr.
the one part I think needed to be changed was where the tubes come to a point and met the tunnel tube it is kind of thick and that is where U get the build up.
I still had to carry my rubber mallet all winter but deff a lot better than stock.
this yr going with the BDX for my 14. they use flat stock along tunnel and no tubes coming to a point along tunnel.
also catching a screw on the knee hurts and will tear your pants .
I think if u have a raw tunnel best thing u can do is get a sticker for the sides of the tunnel then mount the boards

indy_500

Or just buy a sled with these and you don't have to touch it :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140914_155742233.jpg
    IMG_20140914_155742233.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 87

cooksend

They do work great Indy. However the tube style will build less snow. I get some build up at the rear of the boards and do have to kick things free all day long. Well worth it though because it means we have found good snow!

ezra

not sure about that. I distinctly remember my rubber hammer getting passed around every time I pulled it out .
I think with the powder coated sides and rails it will be a huge help over the raw alloy

frosty

Hey Cook, did Polaris jump on the band wagon with just the front heat exchanger to keep the ice build up off the tunnel and boards?

The air boards do look sharp on any sled......definitely a nice upgrade!

blutooth

indy_500 said:

I do love the factory boards on my Pro, but the B&M are surprisingly a huge upgrade. As said above the rounds stock is the secret...

I think the powdercoating that Snobinge has on his helps, but the raw aluminum B&M we put on another XP still did a lot better than the stock ProRMK.

If I recall, the powdercoat option is a no charge from B&M?

600_RMK_144

Someone help me understand this, please. I do get what the upgrade is getting you as far as clean out, but you are CUTTING OUT the existing running boards?!?!?! Imagining that the cut out has to look terrible? I must be missing something?

600_RMK_144

Someone help me understand this, please. I do get what the upgrade is getting you as far as clean out, but you are CUTTING OUT the existing running boards?!?!?! Imagining that the cut out has to look terrible? I must be missing something?

You see, I nearly established my complete ignorance, but started thinking about it. The stock boards can be removed from the tunnel, right? I could have deleted this post all together, so be nice.

You see, I nearly established my complete ignorance, but started thinking about it. The stock boards can be removed from the tunnel, right? I could have deleted this post all together, so be nice.

you cut the old boads off, but leave about a 3/4" lip of the old boards and rivet the tubes to that lip, you don't see the cut areas really.
Doing this also stiffens up the whole tunnel so its win win!!

Ezra ya we have tunnel wraps on the sleds also so it should help but I do see what you are saying about the build up at the tunnel

- - - Updated - - -

you cut the old boads off, but leave about a 3/4" lip of the old boards and rivet the tubes to that lip, you don't see the cut areas really.
Doing this also stiffens up the whole tunnel so its win win!!

Ezra ya we have tunnel wraps on the sleds also so it should help but I do see what you are saying about the build up at the tunnel

ezra

I can tell u 1 thing land knee first in a ice screw U will not soon forget the pain . they also can tear your pants if u fall off to the side and they drag along the back of your leg.
I can attest to both

I have a cheap set of fox mx knee pads ive worn since my first IQr...those sleds are not nice on the knees but ya that's great I got new FXR pants ordered so ill probably shread them haha