Bears & nfl

timo

Yup if there's one thing our guy Mo knows its quarterbacks.

#cam

Not sure id compare this years bears team to last years. so much different...so much..like really...is there anything the same?

Trubisky is going to be the man. Book it, mark it, whatever you want to do. the kid's got "it"

If im wrong ill eat my own vomit(timmy reference) hahaha

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775054-mitchell-trubisky-is-primed-to-be-nfls-breakout-sophomore

IM not saying the bears will win the division but I also don't think its that far fetched.

momoney2123

Yup if there's one thing our guy Mo knows its quarterbacks.

#cam

QB's? I know the GOAT is brady. The bears have never had one(UNTIL NOW), and the packers are lucky in getting them. So are the colts.

I know Aaron Rodgers will likely go down as the most talented but his one SB victory(not his fault) will keep him out of the brady/Montana/Elway/manning conversation of being da best. Similar to dan marino and brett favre.

Last edited:

momoney2123

And this is exactly why breaking down film and digging deeper is why some see trubisky as a successful rookie and some do not. Some see him as a franchise QB and some do not. Welp we shall see. Timmay wanna bet trubisky plays in the pro-bowl more than once in his career? Cause we all know once is a fluke.

Good read and dissection of mitch trubisky's game film.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...blished-himself-as-bears-franchise-saving-qb/

"But evaluating Trubisky's 12-game season, during which he threw to a no-name receiving corps led by Kendall Wright and Dontrelle Inman in a "basic" offensive system better suited for the middle ages, requires looking beyond his conventional stat line. When diving into his film, his potential and ability to thrive in the NFL is apparent. Trubisky's rookie-year film features plenty of positives. Pro Football Focus actually graded Trubisky's rookie year higher than Deshaun Watson's."

- - - Updated - - -

"Tremendous velocity without losing precision allows Trubisky to pull off tight-window throws that some quarterbacks wouldn't dare try. According to PFF, Trubisky wrapped up the regular season with the third-highest passer rating (108.1) on throws that traveled at least 20 yards downfield. "

- - - Updated - - -

Even as Trubisky masters the intricacies of the playing from the pocket, his ability to throw on the run will still matter. The Bears should continue to roll him out frequently. He's alarmingly proficient at throwing while moving

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps the most impressive quality of Trubisky is his willingness to go through his reads this early in his career. When the Bears did call for plays that didn't involve rollouts that cut the field in half, Trubisky cycled through his options instead of settling on his first target.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly, though, Trubisky isn't a perfect product. He still contains some glaring weaknesses, which is to be expected out of a rookie quarterback who entered the NFL with only one year of college starting experience. While he showed prolonged glimpses of the qualities that indicate he can be a future star, he's not there yet.

timo

Mo I'll go on record as saying Michelle is gonna be a quality above serviceable QB for 10 years in this league. Maybe will go to a Pro Bowl (alternate cuzz Rodgers ani't got time for that non sense) but I don't see him being the cure to cancer as you hope.

and Pro Football focus is out of their mind. I saw Watson and Michelle last year. 'Nuff said.

T

Tracker

MO....here this will help fo next year...just change the QB name and ever thing will be the same...BEARS hibernate ya know...and then wake up and resume where they left off at....LMAO

bears.jpg

momoney2123

OK, hear me out ...

A team with a talented roster -- and a highly drafted rookie QB -- underachieves behind an old-school coach. But then, that team hires a sizzling, young, brilliant offensive mind with a playbook for the modern NFL, makes a huge splash in free agency and adds some pieces in the draft to eventually become the toast of the NFL.

Wait, that was last year's Rams, right? Yes. But in 2018, Matt Nagy, Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears have dibs on this surging narrative. Only this time, the sequel will be better than the original. Like "The Dark Knight" and whatnot.

whitedust

OK, hear me out ...

A team with a talented roster -- and a highly drafted rookie QB -- underachieves behind an old-school coach. But then, that team hires a sizzling, young, brilliant offensive mind with a playbook for the modern NFL, makes a huge splash in free agency and adds some pieces in the draft to eventually become the toast of the NFL.

Wait, that was last year's Rams, right? Yes. But in 2018, Matt Nagy, Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears have dibs on this surging narrative. Only this time, the sequel will be better than the original. Like "The Dark Knight" and whatnot.
Mo the Bears are going to be a lot more believable in the preseason when Nagy gets the offense rolling. O haS ALWAYS been a problem for the Bears as long as I can remember back to the 60s. Yes Bears D has been awesome and Fangio is up to the task to get the D no matter who is playing in the top 15. If the O can be top 10 the Bears could do really well this season. As far as the Rams go they took the NFL by storm last year but defenses have away of studying tendencies and stopping last years big scoring offenses. I don’t think any team was ready for the Rams to roll last year but no surprises this year you either have to shut them down or get in a offensive shoot out. Last with the ball wins. Maybe the Bears can take the big step thisseason but with all the media hype will any team be surprised by the Bears?

momoney2123

Mo the Bears are going to be a lot more believable in the preseason when Nagy gets the offense rolling. O haS ALWAYS been a problem for the Bears as long as I can remember back to the 60s. Yes Bears D has been awesome and Fangio is up to the task to get the D no matter who is playing in the top 15. If the O can be top 10 the Bears could do really well this season. As far as the Rams go they took the NFL by storm last year but defenses have away of studying tendencies and stopping last years big scoring offenses. I don’t think any team was ready for the Rams to roll last year but no surprises this year you either have to shut them down or get in a offensive shoot out. Last with the ball wins. Maybe the Bears can take the big step thisseason but with all the media hype will any team be surprised by the Bears?

I dont think any NFL teams take any opponent lightly, so no one should the bears regarding what media says. If they do they likely wont be employed long. Everyone knew week 3 or 4 last year the rams were good..... and everyone knew when fisher was there the rams had talent. but it took a coach and scheme to bring it together. the bears have lost a TON of 7 or less point games the past 3 years with NO OFFENSE besides howard running. If nagy can pull it together unlike fox, they added pieces and got experience, there is no reason they will not be able to reach their goals.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that Mitch Trubisky managed to bring optimism to a perpetually quarterback-cursed city while essentially running the “Wing-T” is a reality that shouldn’t be ignored. Mixing a more experienced Trubisky with Nagy and a significantly upgraded offensive depth chart means the offense has to be better, and it’s OK to make that conclusion independently from any evaluation of Nagy as a head coach.

Just ask Bears cornerback Prince Amukamara, who faced last year’s offense every single day in practice and is now witnessing the changes under Matt Nagy as he tries to cover much more complex route combinations.

“Man, the offense is just very tough. They’re moving well. They’re faster. They’re throwing a lot of different looks at us and that’s just Nagy’s offense,” Amukamara said. “If I was a receiver I would love to play in this offense, just because you get to do so many different things and you get so many different plays. It just looks fun over there.”

momoney2123

Trubisky’s body of NFL work, like his limited starter’s resume’ at North Carolina, can reasonably be questioned, if for reasons of quantity alone.

But the Bears were a plus-7 turnover ratio during his 12 starts last year. Trubisky’s interception percentage of 2.1 was better than the rookie pick-rates of Jared Goff, Marcus Mariota, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz and Jameis Winston, using other recent high draft choices for purposes of comparison.

That sort of thing impresses defenses, including one’s own, in this case a Bears defense ranked among the NFL’s top 10 and which nicknamed Trubisky “Pretty Boy Assassin.”

“I want to win a championship and I think having Mitch here, I think that’s always the start,” Amukamara said. "The quarterback’s always the start and just having Mitch and seeing his improvement and his effort.

“I’m sure some people saw, but even when Mitch was the back-up, Mitch was staying after practice and always working hard and you love seeing that in a quarterback, especially a back-up. I’ve always just saw greatness in him ever since then. I think this year he gets to really show it.”

whitedust

I’m having trouble with the preseason press that the Bears can move to the #1 defense in the NFL! They just don’t have the pass rushers to do that or the depth to play at that level if starters go down to injury. I’ll be happy with top 12 on D and that would be amazing with mediocre pass rushers. Goals and objectives are good but really!? Lol

momoney2123

I’m having trouble with the preseason press that the Bears can move to the #1 defense in the NFL! They just don’t have the pass rushers to do that or the depth to play at that level if starters go down to injury. I’ll be happy with top 12 on D and that would be amazing with mediocre pass rushers. Goals and objectives are good but really!? Lol

They were top 10 last year and if healthy I expect top 10 again, especially with the huge upgrade in the middle. The offense is the one that needs to be top 10 as well.

The pass rushing is weakest unit, love Floyd but he needs to play 16 games. We shall see what happens.

timo

What's gonna happen is you'll be battling with Detroit for the basement.
don't overthink it MO.

They were top 10 last year and if healthy I expect top 10 again, especially with the huge upgrade in the middle. The offense is the one that needs to be top 10 as well.

The pass rushing is weakest unit, love Floyd but he needs to play 16 games. We shall see what happens.