Boat life

polarisrider1

Congrats Mate!

Now you can buy a golf cart and cruise around in plaid shorts, black socks and some phat white shoes.

Knowing you, soon you will be the president of Del Boca Vista!
Thinking about it! Got some rule changing to do! I am seriously thinking to run for at least a Board position. Who would of thunk I would ever be a Commodore of a Yacht Club even. Big party (with a band) at the GH Eagle club to welcome me aboard. amazing! I wonder if I can do weddings at sea now??? they haven't updated yet, but soon to come http://main.rivierayachtclub.com/info.php?iphone=0

polarisrider1

I'd be out cruising on the boat! Don Johnson style!!
Can't believe the wife wants to go to the boat for the weekend????? We had to get a "white noise" machine for the condo so we can sleep, guess all the water,waves, wind and other racket we got used to hearing at night helped us sleep. Dead quite at the Condo.

polarisrider1

3 weeks of living on land. Our boat neighbors who are living on their boat said they miss us. Well it has been raining and high seas for awhile now. Waiting for a calm day to run the boat to Muskegon for winter storage. yesterday we had 9 footers on the lake. 100% rain here for Sunday. looks like rain all next week in GH.

frosty

PR1, what do your "old" neighbors do in the winter when they can't live on the boat? Do they get an apartment till April or May?

polarisrider1

PR1, what do your "old" neighbors do in the winter when they can't live on the boat? Do they get an apartment till April or May?
They have a house about 2 miles from their boat. I am getting concerned about the weather, all it is doing is wind and rain. I need to get my boat into storage soon. The marina shut the water off to me. Still have electric. Need to get gas and a pump out before storage. Looks like Sunday may be my chance to run it up to Muskegon from Grand Haven. Heading over to defrost the fridge and get the Zodiac into storage today! (in the rain).

polarisrider1

Went to the last open gas dock in the area today. They know it, so gas was $4.75 a gallon. bought 80 gallons even though 200 gallons would of been nice. $15 for pump out of head (I did all the work). I was at their mercy, paid the kid and moved on. Boat got scrubbed down and rinsed with river water (yes the brown stuff). Fridge defrosted and cupboards empty. I had to reflect back and think about the past summer. I do not think I will live full time again on a boat, even thou it was only 3 1/2 months. Check that one off the "Bucket list". Tomorrow or soon I will get it into storage before they lock the doors for winter. (weather permitting).

polarisrider1

Neighbors boat is still in, he said, "Five more days". I don't even want to look at my boat let alone wax it. I got it in indoor heated storage. Got a Auto detailer guy who is just getting started out on his own to make it all shiney again.

Dave_B

What size black and grey tanks does that thing have? As long as you stayed on it this year, it seems like it would have to have been pumped quite a bit. Unless you just "leaned" over the back. That would explain the color of the river! :0

polarisrider1

What size black and grey tanks does that thing have? As long as you stayed on it this year, it seems like it would have to have been pumped quite a bit. Unless you just "leaned" over the back. That would explain the color of the river! :0

No gray water tank, straight shot to river, black water tank has vacuflush and takes about a half of a cup of water to flush. Holds 40 gallons. Bath house is 6 slips over. I suspect that the boats that are still in have bypass valves and dump all illegally. The marina has dock side pump out for $30 so we used that twice for the summer.

frosty

WTH……I thought this condo was it!!! PR1 you picked a **** of time to have the boat life again!

Congrats on the selling of the condo and purchase of the house. Wheres the new stabbin cabin now, still local?

polarisrider1

WTH……I thought this condo was it!!! PR1 you picked a **** of time to have the boat life again!

Congrats on the selling of the condo and purchase of the house. Wheres the new stabbin cabin now, still local?

Moving day is tomorrow at 9am. Found a nice apartment for Mamma, the dogs and myself in Grand Rapids as our new house is being built half way between GR and GH.only did a week on boat this time. Last time was 4 months.

polarisrider1

Just visiting tonight. Breaking ground on new house in 3 weeks. My stuff is strung out in 3 storage units. Living on a boat is over rated. Season ends for me October 15