Boat life

polarisrider1

Hope everyone is having a great summer! Winter will be here soon! 2 weeks and off this boat and no more pizza with momma raccoon under the draw bridge, I have deer swimming behind the boat and running down the road. Harbor Island is a deer hunters Paradise if it was'nt within the city limits.

polarisrider1

Is the boat going to stay parked where you have it when you make land fall permanently?

Yes, Boat will be unloaded of stuff and I bet it will raise 4 inches in the slip. The boat will be in the same slip next year also. It is my summer getaway and will be my home away from home once again. I still purchased the land to build on and will see if condo living is for me or not. If not I will build in the spring. Work is really picking up and I will need to find time here in next 2 weeks to move. The idea of buying a Trawler and doing the great loop is still on my "bucket list". I will give it a try in about 5 years.

polarisrider1

My wife lower pic, my sister from another mister on the far left, good friend on upper right. arguing over who makes the best jello shots. life is tough dealing with them.

Attachments

• IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 93

polarisrider1

Who the heck would of thought that I would be the Commodore of the RYC and my wife would win then Lottery! (just kidding about the lottery). She did the rain dance to give us a good summer and a drought we recieved. http://main.rivierayachtclub.com/ Wife is on right side of pic one enjoying her win.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

polarisrider1

Big move is under way. I amost burst into tears when I broke an unopened bottle (1/2 gal) of Crown Royal today. Life is so cruel! Opened the truck door and it slide out and hit the pavement, the Marina dumpster now has all the Guys with straws standing around it.

polarisrider1

Getting this grilling thing down. Chicken, corn on the cob on the grill. Pounding down some fun punch. Homemade cole slaw and bake beans. Life is good! Only problem with this boat life is everyday is a Saturday! Should be off the boat for the most part by the end of the month. The Crown????? Well I still have 2 bottles on the boat, love Chitown and Cardinal liquers for stocking me up.

polarisrider1

Boat life will slow down in about 2 weeks. The Condo has been stripped down to the drywall, painters start hopefully tommorrow, tile bath floors and tile entry at same time, carpet the day after labor day, new countertops, new light fixtures somewhere in the mix. then move in. Chilli cookoff this weekend at the Marina. Haven't been around much at the Marina with all that's going on. Also bought the land for the parking lot/camp ground project next to Race track.http://www.berlinraceway.com/index.html

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Winding down the season. All the a holes come out for the "holydays" Chilli cook off judging is what has kept me up this late................burp. anyways hope all are doing well in JD land! should be a land lubbers in next week or so. Living on a boat and recreating on one are 2 different things. Party on Garth!

Dave_B

Congrats Mate!

Now you can buy a golf cart and cruise around in plaid shorts, black socks and some phat white shoes.

Knowing you, soon you will be the president of Del Boca Vista!