Boat life

snowdancer

You can't go on a "vacation" when your already on an adventure. You two better be careful or your gona "relax" yourselves to death!!

polarisrider1

You can't go on a "vacation" when your already on an adventure. You two better be careful or your gona "relax" yourselves to death!!
No doubt. swam in Lake Michigan all day and going for Prime Rib dinner in a couple minutes. Tuckers a guy out. Had a club meeting this morning and as VP I had some listening to do. signed up some new club members got the treasurer to take another term, Secretary held firm with another term, slid a VP in my place and will be Commodore by Oct.6th. So not all play. Fun can be a lot of work! Hope all are having a great summer! Winter can't get here soon enough for me!

polarisrider1

Boat life....................not so easy....................rented out the house in pic above. $1200 per week. In the winter it will be a heating nightmare and parking.............Hahaha!

polarisrider1

Did you buy that house? What did I miss?
All ready renting it! seller said , "no problem". no interest land contract. sweet deal! winter looks like another story. 1 lane sand dune drive one way and no garage. I found a condo in Allendale to move into. Wife died of the seller and fireside sale. Picked up for a song. Across from Grand Valley University, (1/8th of a mile) easy flip in spring. Bike Time has been my focus this week. Also development of my external internet antenna for boats is coming along well. Other than that, hanging out on the docks takes most my time! Note: dimple dies will be on a very limited sale this year!

frosty

Man, Wayne, I take a little hiatus from the computer and your taking over the Marina, buying up the local property, and renting it already and have another place to rest your head!!! Boy selling your house and living on the boat sure has presented you with some great opportunities!!! I guess have you found the house to settle down in yet?! Or are you still looking from pier of your boat?

polarisrider1

Man, Wayne, I take a little hiatus from the computer and your taking over the Marina, buying up the local property, and renting it already and have another place to rest your head!!! Boy selling your house and living on the boat sure has presented you with some great opportunities!!! I guess have you found the house to settle down in yet?! Or are you still looking from pier of your boat?
Selling the house gave me a chunk of change to work with. I have always been working on inventions of some sort. Sitting under the tree in front of the boat is getting old. The Condo puts me closer to Grand Rapids for work and takes the wife to dry land. No blow outs with her over this entire process. still pursuing the land deal next to the Race track. No closing date set.

polarisrider1

Back to boating chat, watching all the boats making a wake thru the marina today shaking my house. Sheriff was sitting in marina yesterday and everyone followed the speed limit.........go figure. Has life gotten so busy that even when relaxing it has to be done in a hurry. Pontoon boats (basically floating swim platforms) go zooming by with 250HP out boards on them. A 40HP would do the trick?????? Slow down, enjoy being on the water Nice day to be alive. Save Monday for rushing around. http://www.grandhaventribune.com/content/boat-takes-water-beached-owner

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Tons-o-fun! Weeks are blowing by and summer is getting shorter. Condo life????? maybe, tons of rules and actually had to apply into an association to live there. (I have one to many dogs, lettered up work truck and Motorcycles), so I may not be accepted for those are no-nos in their book of rules. So boat life may continue a bit longer. the house on the dune is rented and turning in some good money, winter time, wife said, don't like all the steps, no yard for the dogs, no garage. No word on the land deal either. life goes on. Coast Guard Festival for those who never been brings in about 200,000 people into a town built for 12,000 for a week. So everything gets done in the very early hours around here during this time. The fireworks are of the highest caliber in the Nation. People stake out their spots days in advance. spending up to 16-18 hours in their spots to wait, then fight extreme traffic snarls to exit, taking up to 4 hrs. to get out of town. I am pretty lucky to be able to watch from the boat with no dealing with all that. Fireworks are next saturday.
Had a sailboat stuck in the mud behind me yesterday, without the snow melt from Superior and the lack of rain we are sitting about 2 feet lower in the slip.

polarisrider1

Insanity weekend with Coast Guard festival going on. Land deal is a go, condo deal is a go all in last 3 minutes. Three months of boat life and wife has had enough. I need an office on solid ground is her main issue. I am liking the idea of not having to mow the lawn or moving snow so I will give a condo a try.

frosty

Good for you Wayne, now you can say you've done the boat life thing and mark it off your bucket list, if you have one?! I'm glad everything worked out for you on the land deal and condo, and I'm with you on cutting the lawn. I have an acre to cut tomorrow and dreading it already this afternoon. I like having the drought, so I didn't have to cut the grass, but hate seeing what it was doing to the farmers around here and nation wide. :(

polarisrider1

Got some pics to post today, raining big time and fireworks are?????? I suspect going to happen anyways. Water is way down without the rain and Superior snow melt.

polarisrider1

Good for you Wayne, now you can say you've done the boat life thing and mark it off your bucket list, if you have one?! I'm glad everything worked out for you on the land deal and condo, and I'm with you on cutting the lawn. I have an acre to cut tomorrow and dreading it already this afternoon. I like having the drought, so I didn't have to cut the grass, but hate seeing what it was doing to the farmers around here and nation wide. :(

Over the past 3 months I have come to many conclusions in life. 1. we have way to much stuff. 2. stuff does not make you happy. 3.love and life is what you make it. 4. Boat life is not for everyone 5. Not everyone will work as hard as you. 6. A laundry room and mail box is key to life (lol) 7. You only live once. 8.Bucket lists are a must. 9. Hot dogs on the grill can be served 10,000 ways. 10.looking at water gets old.

polarisrider1

2012-08-05_11-46-44_615.jpg Rockin and a Rollin' with high winds today. Yesterday 94 today 76.

Attachments

• 2012-08-04_11-53-34_289.jpg
    2012-08-04_11-53-34_289.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2012-08-04_11-53-24_830.jpg
    2012-08-04_11-53-24_830.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 61

polarisrider1

Where has all the water gone? Down about 4 feet. sorry can't figure out how to turn pics on phone. normal level is about 3 inches below the wood on the concrete piling. Note: the boats are floating in fluid, part water and many parts??? This is the Grand River after all!

Attachments

• 2012-08-05_20-07-59_2.jpg
    2012-08-05_20-07-59_2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2012-08-05_20-09-22_391.jpg
    2012-08-05_20-09-22_391.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: