Boondockin’ for the first time this weekend in Twin Lakes and need advice!!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which can is the loudest? I want to make sure people hear me so they can come find me and take me to their sweet spots? Aren't you a big time boondocker Skylar? Can we ride with you this weekend?

Not anymore, now I'm an orange diamond pounder. 300-400 miles a day minimum, and that includes stopping at every bar. Normally get up around noon though, then ride till past bar time! Can you hang or not?

catalac

Not anymore, now I'm an orange diamond pounder. 300-400 miles a day minimum, and that includes stopping at every bar. Normally get up around noon though, then ride till past bar time! Can you hang or not?
Wow Tyler, the last time I did 300 miles I had a hard time hitting all the bars, but I did it!
You must ride like the wind. Good job...

L

lenny

What really matters is if you have a 121 with a paddle or a 136 wait ha hacksaw track. The 136 is probably overkill but when in doubt throttle out! I'm very stoked at all the sick boondockin you bros are gonna experience, ridicules!

parker

Too many sure signs a post on this type of subject is a spoof.

Let's see .. Punctuation, correct spelling, complete sentences, too obvious.

norunonthataneducatedpersoncannotreadorwouldcaretotryandreadforthatmatterwhattheymightbetryingtosay.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow Tyler, the last time I did 300 miles I had a hard time hitting all the bars, but I did it!
You must ride like the wind. Good job...

Yep, fastest sumbitch out there! I average about 60 mph, always cut to the inside on blind corners, only way to make that kind of time! Also have to blow past all the slow pokes on the trail with a loud braaaaaaaap of my race can! I hate it when I stop at the bars, and then have to pass the same people again! Lol.

brad460

Don't pop onto the trail without carefully looking both ways...my only beef with off trail guys is that every time I am riding in the UP someone always pops onto the trail while I am ripping down a railroad bed..nearly shart my pants!

One more thing..don't rip off the trail and leave a 1 foot tall pile of snow across the trail..

doospunk

Parking Lot Super Star riding is the best. (Love showing off and whipping chitties in the parking lot! Don and Donna think it's so cool.)

Woodtic

We are staying at a place in Greenland owned by a former FIB. I hope he doesn't mind us checking in early. There are ten of us,but told him just 6. We will have more beer money this way. Hey,if it wasn't for us sleders,what would the UP do? Our crew buys the oil that gives you free stickers. This gives our sleds the sponsored look. Can't wait to stand my sled up at every stop sign on the grade. See you at the bar,we will be there most of the day.

eagle1

Wow, there must be some kind of old skool JD boondocking reunion this weekend. Hope Indy brushes up on his CPR skills. :p

frosty

Ya all goin boondockin? I want to come! My 128er will keep up with any of ya boys with those fang dangled big tracks! Were all meeting north of the bridge right?!

Snirtdawg

Why even bother with a can, best sound is right out of the Y pipe! I plan on taking off my belt so I can braaaaap at 8300 rpm while just sittin in the gas station!

jmvette427

Sure hope its not too cold so i can wear my open finger gloves and text ! "Trail riding and texting" my 4 favorite words!

cooksend

There is this really cool spot up there. If you go out a few miles take a left go past the big tree with a dead branch and turn right then left right away. Go over the 2nd hill and go right again. This should take you into a spot where the trees start to sing. At this point you are about 100 yards from the spot I got stuck last year or maybe the year before.
As for Sea and Snow? Not sure but you may want to consider good old Canola Oil. I heard through a friend that they read online it get's you about 300 more RPMs so you can turn your clicker to gain better track speed.
A hill is a hill my friend and everybody should work hard to stay Avy Safe even in the 906. Heck I would wear my ABS pack if you even plan to ride the ditches! Serious terrain trap there! Also if you get the Float 30 I do believe you can fit some extra bears in that. May have to keep your flask in the Handlebar bag so it's easy to warm up if the temp stays below freezing.

We really need to hook up Cuzz. Maybe throw together a fun little Throttles and Bottles ride then post up some GPS maps. Let me know when your down and we will snag Indy and Lenny and letter' RIP...

Freerider

Ok. I got my backpack, gas caddy, tunnel bag, shovel, avy probe, beacon, GoPro, GPS, muff pot with some dogs in it, a six pack of steveweisers, straight pipe exhaust installed, and LED light bars. I think I'm ready to go but I'm sure I forgot something.
Had a good laugh reading this thread. You guys are all a$$es. ;)