Bug Bar

garyl62

Long story that only those involved really know the details, it seems like everyone is keeping it professional and they realize the bar has a longstanding history that will probably outlast everyone that's involved now.

Bottom line, Shelie is down the road at Parkview and Don and Donna will open the Bug back up again.

I don't know anything else, other than no timeline for the opening has been posted.

Last edited:

slimcake

charging me $9.00 for a short pour double Jameson didn't help them at all I guess....so sad!

Ya its not the place if you like mixers. Huh Shelie and me and the wifey talked at length last fall and all she had was good successful things to say about the place. Gotta be pretty slow in the off months though I would think... Unless lots of wheelers come through there?

T

Tracker

2 words....BAR RESCUE....seems they mighta visited BILLY THE FINNS and had a EUREKA moment...not talking bad aboot it but after 200 years with the same wood and interior.....oops...don't know where that came from....LOL

byr 13

Long story that only those involved really know the details, it seems like everyone is keeping it professional and they realize the bar has a longstanding history that will probably outlast everyone that's involved now.

Bottom line, Shelie is down the road at Parkview and Don and Donna will open the Bug back up again.

I don't know anything else, other than no timeline for the opening has been posted.

hmmmmmmm

POLARISDAN

without being too critical, but we stopped going there to eat after some really bad service, moldy hard buns, and some really long waits last season..plus the ambiance changes when don's not there..so i just think it was way over her head, especially when its packed..and her personality couldn't overcome the deficiency..i know she tried, but it never seemed to really come together..

2 words....BAR RESCUE....seems they mighta visited BILLY THE FINNS and had a EUREKA moment...not talking bad aboot it but after 200 years with the same wood and interior.....oops...don't know where that came from....LOL

Correct me if I"m wrong, but didn't Don do some extensive renovating like two or three years ago?! and character counts for something, right?
I can only imaging what it's like having to please some of the people that come through, and still make it, and then transfer ownership in their
business environment! Geees.

bonnevier

without being too critical, but we stopped going there to eat after some really bad service, moldy hard buns, and some really long waits last season..plus the ambiance changes when don's not there..so i just think it was way over her head, especially when its packed..and her personality couldn't overcome the deficiency..i know she tried, but it never seemed to really come together..

Couldnt agree more.

MNBlizzard

Jeez, seems like previous posters want Applebee's to take over. Not me! The Mosquito is the UP to me.

I hope they're open for snow season. The atmosphere and ambience are what make it for me; I wouldn't want it any other way. We've always had good cold beverages to wet the whistle and good food to fill the belly.

durphee

Wish them all the best, its a good stopping point. Im sure its very hard business to run as being so seasonal. I assume, and do not know, that they suffer from a shortage of good labor in that area as some of the other bars have noted.

snobuilder

I owned the Bay Bar for 10 years. I love it when people want extra booze in their drink for no extra charge.

i guess you are refering to my post without quoting me. No big deal, Tom....lesson learned..... but I've ordered enough double Jamesons on ice to know what to expect.
Like most UP trailside bars.....the atmoshere was outstanding and worth the $9.00 gulp!.....LOL

POLARISDAN

i guess you are refering to my post without quoting me. No big deal, Tom....lesson learned..... but I've ordered enough double Jamesons on ice to know what to expect.
Like most UP trailside bars.....the atmoshere was outstanding and worth the $9.00 gulp!.....LOL

ha..u got the stir stick going already brother..lmao