Bug Bar

UP RIDER

X2
Just reading the thread and holy cow lol. But let’s be honest now I’ve been riding for 17 years now and the bars and restruants are one of the great parts bout the yoop one place is a dump with amazing service the next it’s a fancy micro brew and the next is your go to been there since 1891 with the same wood burner with the table to close but you know your still gonna sit by it and enjoy what makes it your favorite place. One day pizza is perfect next it’s burnt but you can’t ever let the down days cast a dark haze over all the amazing memories like for me it’s the trout lake tavern and the buckhorn both have had ups and downs both have had fires bad owners bad food but we still love em!!!

MOD

blkhwkbob

Isn't anyone a little concerned that the owners who didn't want this place anymore, are now back? Are they going to give it their best?

blkhwkbob

LOL. They sold the place because they did not want to run the place anymore. But now they are the greatest owners ever. It's a bar, not the taj mahal.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
They will do a great job, just like before. I just had dinner with them last weekend, they are excited and ready to go.

snobinge

I feel “bob” asked a fair question. I don’t think it is any secret that D & D we’re ready to move on when they sold the bar...not Taj Mahal. LOL
That is a tough business and going back may not bring the same enthusiasm as the first go. I don’t know all the details and am purely stating that this was a fair question and should not be classified as typing stupid sh*t. Carry on...

byr 13

I feel “bob” asked a fair question. I don’t think it is any secret that D & D we’re ready to move on when they sold the bar...not Taj Mahal. LOL
That is a tough business and going back may not bring the same enthusiasm as the first go. I don’t know all the details and am purely stating that this was a fair question and should not be classified as typing stupid sh*t. Carry on...

i agree, they was tired and now they are older , it will be tough for them , it is a tough biz , but they will get it done !!!!

ezra

Isn't anyone a little concerned that the owners who didn't want this place anymore, are now back? Are they going to give it their best?

I assume the held the paper on the place . now they have the down and what ever payments. now they can do it again why not give it your attention get the books back in order and get that down payment again or straight sale .

united

Exactly

QUOTE=ezra;454387]I assume the held the paper on the place . now they have the down and what ever payments. now they can do it again why not give it your attention get the books back in order and get that down payment again or straight sale .[/QUOTE]

Modman440

I have only had the chance to make it there 2 times now and every time has been a great one. The bug bar single handedly reminds me of when I first started riding because it’s always been packed with riders both times and that’s how it used to be sleds everywhere. I have had the privilege of meeting I believe Don if I’m not mistaken and he was fantastic I don’t know them and o won’t claim to either but he seemed like someone who is of great character and standing so I think everything will be just fine specially with the reputation the bar has.

MOD

stitcher

I'm a 50ish accountant that can take an early retirement and would totally take a chance at running a similar bar or even a resort. I would probably see if I could get a couple of side accounting gigs too. Just a dream....and convince the wife.

G

G

The Bar and Grill Biz is not easy. Most of the folks on this site only see the bar when it is busy and overflowing. They don't see it the other 80% of the year when things are not quite as hectic. Nearly impossible to hit staffing perfect when there are so many variables. Snow, current weather, other local events. Not easy. There are many reasons that the Bar @Grill business has one of the highest failure rates of all businesses. Best of luck to the new/old owners.

blkhwkbob

I'm a 50ish accountant that can take an early retirement and would totally take a chance at running a similar bar or even a resort. I would probably see if I could get a couple of side accounting gigs too. Just a dream....and convince the wife.

Lucky for you there are hundreds of bars available in the Northwoods, but not so many resorts. Most of those just condo out. I think there is one on the west side of Lake Shishebogema right now. Near Minocqua.

chunk06

I assume the held the paper on the place . now they have the down and what ever payments. now they can do it again why not give it your attention get the books back in order and get that down payment again or straight sale .

Yep, pretty common thing to do in the bar and restaurant business, and it can work out well for people holding the title. I know of one guy around here that has rumored to have made a small fortune selling his bar on LC and repossessing it multiple times.

stitcher

Lucky for you there are hundreds of bars available in the Northwoods, but not so many resorts. Most of those just condo out. I think there is one on the west side of Lake Shishebogema right now. Near Minocqua.

Talked to the owners of a resort/small bar on the trail on Squirrel Lake near Minocqua back in February. Went again in August and everything but the main house and bar were condoed out. Prefer a small bar with a couple of cabins (on a lake would be cool to draw some boat traffic). Again just dreaming, but am still looking.