Bug Bar

whitedust

Parkview was aok today we had great burgers and fries were fresh with huge portions. Clean bathrooms ..all was good just need snow. 70 degrees today very strange!!!

sweeperguy

I've never had any BAD food like PD posted.
Only time had slow service it was wall to wall with snowmobilers, so that was to be expected. Other than the heavy grease smell, but that didn't bother me much.
Hoping they're open for business this coming season. Was a good location for a rest stop.
Enjoyed looking at their parking lot cam judge how busy the area is also.

snobuilder

yes, because if you tell truth on a bad experience , it is considered " bashing the place or person "

Perfectly correct, but I will give them another chance at pleasing my special azz and, snow willing, stop in as many times as I can.

POLARISDAN

yea but problem is is don wanted out..hence the sale..now he is forced back in and maybe he is mad..he rocks the place when he's on his game..he's got the base camp and other obligations..maybe even he cant carry it.. best thing is for the other place to thrive(cant think of name-one that closed) to take the pressure off

I owned the Bay Bar for 10 years. I love it when people want extra booze in their drink for no extra charge.

Tom ALWAYS poured my booze with an eyedropper and used a waterglass for the wifes booze.....had to wait for Becker to take over for the FREE booze !!!! Just kidden' Big T !!

snowlover

I have been stopping at the Bug Bar for years and I do have to admit last winter it was just not what it was in previous years. I still enjoyed the experience was just not what it was when Don was there. The food was ok, service was ok, not great as it used to be. I brought my son and a buddy there for their first time last winter and they were not impressed. My buddy who I've I had been there many times with said it was not the same either. I hope it re-opens and turns around like the old days.
We now go to Omer's and have been very happy with the food and service there.

durphee

Omers is actually on my list to stop at this year, never been there before. One of the best parts of the Bug was just looking at all the sleds outside!

Modman440

Just reading the thread and holy cow lol. But let’s be honest now I’ve been riding for 17 years now and the bars and restruants are one of the great parts bout the yoop one place is a dump with amazing service the next it’s a fancy micro brew and the next is your go to been there since 1891 with the same wood burner with the table to close but you know your still gonna sit by it and enjoy what makes it your favorite place. One day pizza is perfect next it’s burnt but you can’t ever let the down days cast a dark haze over all the amazing memories like for me it’s the trout lake tavern and the buckhorn both have had ups and downs both have had fires bad owners bad food but we still love em!!!

MOD