Building / Shop advice

garageguy

I just put up a 28 by 40, 2 overheads 10 foot walls metal roof smat siding insulated and drywalled Did the work myself except ste prep and concrete and I have 30,000 in it. Osb was 22 a sheet whenI did it

pclark

I did my own plans on my 30’x40’ but agree with GG. A good Lumber Yard has that capability. I’m looking for someone right now to draw my house plan up.

elf

I just put up a 28 by 40, 2 overheads 10 foot walls metal roof smat siding insulated and drywalled Did the work myself except ste prep and concrete and I have 30,000 in it. Osb was 22 a sheet whenI did it
How much was the concrete for that size? Looking to do a garage/pole building at my cabin and trying to understand costs.

goofy600

Have fun with concrete costs in the northwoods. Was quoted for a 40x64 with grade beams insulation under and pex tube for heat at 33k. Estimating approximate cost of all materials which I did was 16-18k which left what 15-17k for labor. That was with site prep done and just minimal grading to pour. And that was estimating concrete at $200 a yard.

pclark

Have fun with concrete costs in the northwoods. Was quoted for a 40x64 with grade beams insulation under and pex tube for heat at 33k. Estimating approximate cost of all materials which I did was 16-18k which left what 15-17k for labor. That was with site prep done and just minimal grading to pour. And that was estimating concrete at $200 a yard.
Concrete prices are ridiculous

katden4

I just did a 1900 sqft 5in thickened edges rebar 2ft center and it was $24,000. I know that's a little high, but couldn't get anyone else end of last summer. This is northern Wi.

rp7x

thanks , makes me feel better , it turned out very nice going to power wash the walls and clean the the new cement as they cut for controlled cracks, i have had sand floor for 30 years never could empty it all at one time , its just like Christmas