Carter's Corner...2012\13

carter

So,somebody want to help a dumb computer guy.......2 friends Dave and his son Scott went riding on Sunday. Upper meadows of Game creek.....16 inches of wet rideable snow. Don't know how they got up there without damage but did......The picture looks great for Oct. 28th..now the problem... don't know how to get it to here.....Dave tried and said the site won't take it...I on the other hand don't know how to do it. Wanna help??

WIrider

Carter, email me the pic I and will give it a try. Or see if he can resize the original to a smaller format, that may work.

Bill

11-21-2010 014.jpg Carter in 2010 with Scotty Harder Nov. 21st... I remember this ride, everybody kept calling Carter claiming there was NO snow in WY, SO, Carter and I went out to take some photo's to prove them wrong!!!! 11-21-2010 004.jpg

Last edited:

Firecatguy

Here is a pic from Sun in Carter Creek opps Game Creek............3ft plus....this will make a great base.....

10-28-12.png

carter

Want to get all jacked up..........look at the TOG. webcam......looks like 6 in. that would mean 12 on top, plus the 16 from 2 weeks ago, juices.....

snoclo

got a month to get that accumalation up closer to 48" & 96" up top, greg & I will start working on snow dance steps. Juices are following right now thinking about it, we're on the books for 2+ weeks again.

lookin4snow

Al, when are you guys going out? Maybe we can ride together over Christmas?! JH Avalanche says 5 inches at Brooks and 7 inches at Tog.

Last edited:

carter

And if averaging and guess work still apply, LOL...that means 14 in game creek. Add that to the 16 they got 2 weeks ago minus the melt and we arrive at an accurate number of 24 and holding.....???????? that was fun...Just tryed calling Dave and Scott to see if they went again today. No answer....will try later and post if I hear...Well, phone rang....this is abstract, Ted George and a group went yesterday.....if its weak they are back in Jackson by 2...not only were they NOT back, they went again today....now I know Ted needs to test his 201.6 in track, but that can only mean riding is ok for Nov. 11.........

carter

That would not be the case. More like relocated to a part of the lot not seen by the camera. Or in the shop for pre maintenance. Forrest Service won't let us start groming til ?.......we have to fight to get special permission for some grooming when Cat comes to film.....usually grooming starts around Dec. 15...

snoclo

groomer/grooming? this isn't Wisconsin, is it? Me & my Cat aren't scared, we don't need those groomers. Well atleast not yet,.

carter

I was going to go back in and say something like that......early season and low snow they won't groom anyway....just tears up the tractors, so we are on our own til feet arrive. I not scared either........

carter

Stopped by and talked to Ted yesterday about conditions on Sat. and Sun. He wouldn't give me a depth. Said his ride was ok for early season. Couldn't do much. That track needs lots of snow to carve and that isn't here yet. So, I'm still guessing 20 in.on the ground.......

carter

The snow has started to pile up.......get it.....6-8 in on Sunday, 10 yesterday.....with the early drops we, I, think I'm riding on 3 plus feet on my first day, next Tuesday........come on.........