Carter's Corner...2012\13

carter

Well, its Sunday morning, and I've been at or past Togwotee twice. The storm ain't.........It's trying and any snow seems to be at the top, but the major dump is struggling......Sat. am on my Burb, 2 in......I know it snowed all day but I think a trickle.....big wind......on the way past Sat. nite only snowing at the Lodge area....I don't want to quote a total, no clue but guess at 6 in. One thing fir sure, more snow here than Mn. Wisc. Mich.,......I got faith in the weather mom........."Come one come all to the greatest show on snow"......And Jack, well never mind...........

carter

I don't tell you everything.....LOL...actually, its a Co. thing. We have an orientation every year. Final papers signed and check out the guide sled....well some grooming needed to be done on a ravine and the guide sled was put on hold to YTues, today.......bumped into Justin and Jeff and was told the conditions are quite good, and thats mild...his words were more expressive...so the constant flow of an inch here and an inch there has "piled" up 5 feet of bottomless in some weadows and he would not say where....so I guess I go find it myself,HEHEHEHEHE...

carter

The conditions on Wed. were outstanding.........snow depth in the areas I rode were from 3 to 5 ft easy.....just a little wet and firm but what a great first day. As the temp goes down this week the powder arrives. Conditions are plain great for now...........

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Carter, so I was watching the cams out there off and on all day and I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear about how great the riding was, or how deep the snow was, or how many times those in your group were buried in snow over the hood today (Friday) or tomorrow. Please wait until we start getting our replenishing snow Sunday. :)

-John

PS. Seen any one-armed Mexicans running around up there yet?

polarisrider1

Ok Carter, so I was watching the cams out there off and on all day and I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear about how great the riding was, or how deep the snow was, or how many times those in your group were buried in snow over the hood today (Friday) or tomorrow. Please wait until we start getting our replenishing snow Sunday. :)

-John

just wish I could ride half as good as ole' Lefty.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member

-John

Glad to see an awesome start to the season out there! Did you hear that the one armed bandit won a boat? It has oars. What the heck is he going to do with that, besides row around in circles? :p

jd

Administrator
Staff member
just wish I could ride half as good as ole' Lefty.
No kidding. Been schooled way too many times to admit by him. He was even kind enough to name one of my trouble spots after me. "Dee's Demise"

Glad to see an awesome start to the season out there! Did you hear that the one armed bandit won a boat? It has oars. What the heck is he going to do with that, besides row around in circles? :p

Maybe he can slap a track under it and use it as his sled. I heard he is still awaiting for his personal ride to be in riding condition. Guide sled is ready though.

-John

carter

So, I rolled into the yard and saw 10 inches on the ground.....well ok, walked into the shop and Derek was getting dressed...."What's up"....guys out all nite, going to help look......"can't see a thing"....he said think this is bad...18 INCHES on the road on Togwotee pass coming over...."what"..........so I went that way to ride...he was right....so I won't tell you about all the stuff........I'm sure you can imagine what it was like on Fri.........

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the update Carter, Left said the 5 guys were found, good news to hear.

50" on the Tog pass snotel right now. :D

snoclo

Good to hear there found, OK? I hope.
Can't wait to be in it, let it snow, snow, snow!
Gonna check my overnite kit now, swap in fresh power bars and tampons:rolleyes:, fire starters.

carter

To all you non-believers.....I'm not going to tell you just how great the conditions are right now....for all the believers.......3 ft. of pow on top of 6-7 feet of base.....makes for one **** of a ride in Split Rock today.....nuf said.................................

jonw

Carter,
I live over in Victor...been riding on the west slope of the Tetons a few times in the last week. The BEST early season conditions I've seen. Fricken amazing!!! I'm sure Togwotee is as good if not better.

We made our first ride thinking we need to be careful with hidden landmines....NOT. It was mid-winter conditions above 8,000 feet. Ride anywhere with no worries.

I hope the season progresses as well as it has started!!1

jonw

I gotta say though...it is a crazy season. We have almost no snow (6") in the valley (Victor - 6,200 ft), but you get above 8,000 feet it is awesome. The only way we could ride last weekend was to start at my buddy's house who lives at about 7,000 ft. We could ride thin snow out of his yard up to the good stuff. Really weird....both how little snow we have in the valley and how much snow there is in the high country.

carter

Storm is a brewing.....looks like 12+ in the mountains Sun. to Mon.....lots of people here enjoying early season Powder......a foot of refresh and away we go again. Too bad the geritol comment came from a guy who stoped coming to the mountains.....I do understand that it is too much for some people.....to the rest of you "come one come all to the greatest show on snow".......