Carters Corner 2014\15 SNOW REPORTS FROM TOGWOTEE

carter

Ok, we have a town operation that is leaving their sleds on the mountain this year. We recieved the Doo's and are putting them together. As for renting them, don't know that answer. I would think so, but that's an ask thing. Got 15 inches of new over the weekend. Conditions are good. Some wind loading has firmed it up in open spaces. Trees, are awesome. Merry Christmas to all and see ya on the snow.

carter

For all you storm chasers......we are getting clobbered. About 15 inches prior to this storm and this one around 15 inches is making for some epic riding. Sure wish I could get there, as the road got closed between Jackson and Togwotee. Tomorrow.......conditions are good.

- - - Updated - - -

And a clarification on the Doo's. They will not be for rent at Togwotee. They are for the Town operations. I tried....

srxsrule

no reports in over a month

Thats the last time anything was worth reporting. Ive ridden 1 day in the last 3 weeks and dont know If I will ride this weekend either, depends on if the light snow adds up to anything. The last 3 weeks havent been worth burning the oil and gas. pretty sad. Eric

jonw

Agree with srxsrule...I haven't plowed my driveway in Victor, ID (outside of Jackson) in over 4 weeks!!! Usually it's at least every other day this time of year. I golfed today in Rexburg...seriously, golfed in February

carter

Sorry............I don't like to be the negative guy.......conditions have been less than what we would like for Feb. Its trying to snow. We need a pile.....Now, there is still lots of tree riding with good snow......got to get creative to find and ride it. I remember a few years back when March got 12 feet of snow and not one day of sun...........here's hoping.

polarisrider1

Sorry............I don't like to be the negative guy.......conditions have been less than what we would like for Feb. Its trying to snow. We need a pile.....Now, there is still lots of tree riding with good snow......got to get creative to find and ride it. I remember a few years back when March got 12 feet of snow and not one day of sun...........here's hoping.

Thank you Carter.

JasonF

Leaving in a few days myself for Togwotee and hoping things improve some. I've been watching for a few weeks now thinking the pattern would change but now I'm starting to get a little antsy watching the forecast. Thanks for the update Carter, I figured by the lack of updates things must be bleak.

jonw

Finally snowing a little today. Not a ton...but I had almost forgotten what the white stuff looks like!!

carter

Well, we got about a foot.........some areas are more........suprised at the conditions right now. A good fresher upper............riding with a group that can't go too deep so haven't seen the good stuff yet, but tomorrow will change that. Its ok riding again...

rmkking

Things don't look so good now! It looked like a good storm this morning but now it looks sunny. I'm getting a little nervous for the trip on March 15.