Carters Corner 2014\15 SNOW REPORTS FROM TOGWOTEE

fireworks

Kinda what I had been hearing on snow conditions. Least you got out. We went skiing over Thanksgiving and leave for Cozumel in the morning to pass the time. Hope the weather works itself out over the holidays.

Strucr78

Any update on conditions out here? I am looking to come out around New Years this year and am hoping it will be handle bar deep in powder.

carter

Its amazing what a few inches a day does to a place.Conditions are really good now. Not handle bar deep but I haven't seen that since superbowl week last year.......we have had around 17 inches since last weekend. And it got cooler to keep the snow fluffy. Pushing 12 to 15 and in some spots quite a bit more. No end in sight for the small amounts. Just think, and then there was 5 feet of fresh........all kidding aside, its good riding.......

polarisrider1

Indy, First thing you do when you get there, Walk up to your guide, look him right in the eye and tell him your Hardcore and if they want to be "skooled" Yooper style then follow me . Then report back.

(It's getting a little slow around here.)

Now....In reality, tell your guide, Please don't torture me to bad, I am here all week.

First ten trips out west learn all you can each day out from your guide. Last year Nathan had me going places I never dreamed of and would never try without a guide there explaining how to tackle it. LEARN.

Hoosier

Indy, First thing you do when you get there, Walk up to your guide, look him right in the eye and tell him your Hardcore and if they want to be "skooled" Yooper style then follow me . Then report back.

(It's getting a little slow around here.)

Now....In reality, tell your guide, Please don't torture me to bad, I am here all week.

First ten trips out west learn all you can each day out from your guide. Last year Nathan had me going places I never dreamed of and would never try without a guide there explaining how to tackle it. LEARN.

As a disclaimer to this story, I have no western skills, but I try, and I do a lot of digging for myself and anyone in the groupl

We were riding with Lefty one day out there with what turned into a bigger group than they typically have, and some in the group must have fibbed a bit about their skill level - I think there was a bit of a mix-up. So the morning was fairly unadventurous (which was fine with me since I was absolutely beat from the day before). When we stopped at one of the meadows, Lefty told us that a big part of the group will be tired early, so we'll head back to the lodge, and then go out and he'll take us to some incredible terrain. We had mentioned we heard of him from this site, so I think he thought we knew how to ride. About 20 minutes after we dropped the group off, my whole group was so badly stuck, I don't think we would have made it out of where we were at without his expertise. What an afternoon. Can't wait till it works out to go again. Glad to hear you mention to listen to the guide the 1st 10 trips - we've been out there 3 times, and I think I'm just starting to scratch the surface of how to ride out there.

Hoosier

it is crazy watching a 1 armed Mexican hammer through the trees .

Yeah we were so stuck and buried I thought about throwing a match in the tank and he drives down to where we are stuck and just sort of hovers around, stops and starts wherever he wants, makes it look so effortless.

snobinge

I will give credit...that was funny Indy!
With that being said, as a Summit rider I would love to see Tog rent Doo's. Not so much to rent personally, but to have support in the shop. I have been lucky enough to not need the shop the 3 times I have been out there, but my Poo and Cat buddies have and the tech's have been great! I take that back, one of my buddies did need the shops help because he filled his Summit with Diesel a couple years ago! ;)