Carter's Corner... 2017-2018 Snow reports and snow talk from Togwotee Mountain Lodge

carter

We have been hit with some snow. Sure makes me crazy way too early. However a good reason to get excited......Get 'em out.....wax 'em up........its coming.......Let's get this thing rolling again....and 'Welcome to the greatest show on snow"......

JasonF

Looking forward to the updates again this year! And don't be afraid to tell us when conditions are not so good too.

carter

The first couple of years I struggled with that. Now its full on what it is. I figure you guys have to trust someone who will help you save money and vacation time if need be, so I say it like it is......been lucky so far......not many cancels in the past few years..........

fireworks

I have always enjoyed Togwotee area. No matter what conditions are you can go deep and find fun. And of course the guides can be sure you have an adventure.

JasonF

I have always enjoyed Togwotee area. No matter what conditions are you can go deep and find fun. And of course the guides can be sure you have an adventure.

Yep, been out too Togwotee at least ten times and never had a bad time. We will be heading back out there again this season and then maybe storm chase a second trip later in Wy or Id.

carter

Woke up to 4 inches on top of my truck....checked the webcam and Togwotee got hit and it looks like 6 inches....come on ground, freeze, and maybe we can ride before thanksgiving........oh, forgot about the highs in the 50's next week Ok, can a guy dream........

carter

Finishing up a carpet job at the Chapel of the Sacred Heart Church up in Grand Teton Park......to my amazement in the parking lot was 8 inches on the ground. I know there has been a little ground freeze, so maybe this is the start. Sure was fun slipping all over the place with a light van and no traction. I was there all week and the previous snow held. Wide open weadows are melting...that's it for now....

carter

The word is out........good friend Charlie rode Saturday. He said conditions are mid season deeeeeeeeeeep. I'm hearing it from other people as well. As I am computer challenged, I don't know how to get a small video of 4 guys riding Togwotee on Sunday. I wouldn't call it riding...more like how are we going to get out of here all 4 stuck riding....trying to get help posting the video......anyway it has started, and good it is....so happy thanksgiving to all.See ya soon......

fireworks

I think you got the wrong link. Although, November 4-5 were pretty darn close to those conditions.

Last edited:

carter

Told you I was crappy at this stuff......hey fireworks....go on to my facebook home page and figure out how to get that video on here........FB is Carter Gerdes.....can't miss the bra....

carter

My friend Harris was up at Tog. on Tuesday. Snow got hard and thick. He did find some good riding way up high. This is great for the real start of the season...letting mother nature firm up and create a base is good for those pesky rocks ans stumps. Such an abrupt stop........so, eat lots of turkey, work hard, kiss your wife and kids and if that don't work there is always beer.......see ya all soon.

homan

Hi Carter,
Group of 5 of us arriving at Togwotee to ride Dec 6,7 and 8. Reservations can't seem to say which guides are available. Are you? Amos group from MI.

JasonF

Hi Carter,
Group of 5 of us arriving at Togwotee to ride Dec 6,7 and 8. Reservations can't seem to say which guides are available. Are you? Amos group from MI.

If you don't hear from Carter give the Rental shop (307-543-0424) a call after December 1st and they will take care of you.

carter

Homan.....I will be up there.......we are waiting on sleds to arrive......don't know what I'm on for guiding til my polaris gets here but I'll find something.......lets do this...

carter

Friends from Cleveland are here for early season riding......Jimmy says its really good........and we got a storm warning in effect til mon am.....all toll 14 inches......I guess I better go ride in some of that stuff.......going to be using my sled to guide for a week.....I should test it out...don't you think....ok....I'm done. On the snow Tues for a while...will let you know.........

carter

Thurs. first day of riding. Sun is out and can see, conditions are good. Early season 3, 4 and 5 foot stuff. Ravine riding and no dirt walls to speak of....It has set up a little so the 3 foot deep powder thing is gone but we are riding in 8 and 10 inches....and yes stucks are happening......more of the same tomorrow...

carter

It hasn't snowed in a while.......I'm still finding untracked snow and lots of tree riding. 4 good days with the guys from Zumbrota MN. The weather looks to change this weekend. Fingers crossed........so far its been a good start....snow, visibility, stucks, climbs, powder,.....oh and logs and rocks......no damage on any sled so far.....see ya soon....

carter

Major storm blowing across the rockies........12inches at high levels, by Sat. nite.......lets see......