Carter's Corner... 2017-2018 Snow reports and snow talk from Togwotee Mountain Lodge

carter

Update.......we got snow.....wind swirls make it hard to look at a sitting truck to tell but I think 4 or a little more. Temps are lower and the base has softened.Wed. was a really good day. New snow,softened base, honey hole, and no tracks, BANG....gooooooooood ride. More snow on the forcaste.........it was going into a deep freeze.....that changed to warmer temps and snow....looks like 6 more by Friday. Thank you Santa......all you Christmas vacation riders, put a smile on........more later...

carter

Yup.......getting spanked.....conditions are real good. 4 inches for Sat.....and the base has softened. 5 inches for Christmas day. All those on the way out, travel safe.....come say Hi............

carter

What a misquote........over 2 feet at 9500.........Holy crap was it deep......and it snowed all day. High pressure for 2 days and back at snowing again. And no one here......

carter

Waiting for what???........LOL......My phone, or the Idiot running it, can't post pictures......however we did get another 7 inches. Good sledding right now. Lodge is packed , trailers everywhere. People everywhere, what a party......9 more on the way in the next 24 hrs.

JasonF

Waiting for what???........LOL......My phone, or the Idiot running it, can't post pictures......however we did get another 7 inches. Good sledding right now. Lodge is packed , trailers everywhere. People everywhere, what a party......9 more on the way in the next 24 hrs.

LOL, I guess I'll go back to staring at the Tog webcam then... ha ha. We'll be out in a few weeks bombing around with Matt again, and it cant come soon enough.:encouragement:

carter

Strange weather.......once again its trying.......calling for 4, 4, and 12......raining in town. Snowing on the mountain when I left last nite...........need a good dumping. Snow dance please...

carter

We are getting spanked......white out all the way home. Can't see the nieghbor here in town. Hope I can make it up tomorrow.

fireworks

Snow in Jackson last night. We'll see what happened up top. Not the best if you don't have a guide or know where to go.

joks79

I will be there the first full week of Feb. I can’t wait! Next week is going to seem like a month to go by.

carter

After 22 years of guiding I can say I learned stuff yesterday. It keeps trying to snow. We haven't had that typical Togwotee dump yet but after an inch here and an inch there and its getting ok . Got storm posts so its a wait and see thing " Went on a sled recovery on Saturday. 50 miles from the lodge. To a place I never ride. And I discovered Tons of places untracked and begging to be ridden. Got to be willing to haul gas and do a trail dash to get to some of this, but its out there. Can't be spoiled and say no trails if you want the big adventure I ride a lot of back country difficult terrain. Now if I can learn some of this stuff without getting lost, well lets try. And the same for our other guides. As it was Kent and all his trail riding that sent me to the recovery and all the new dirt I saw along the way. So, fear not......its mountain riding.......get out here.......

UP RIDER

After 22 years of guiding I can say I learned stuff yesterday. It keeps trying to snow. We haven't had that typical Togwotee dump yet but after an inch here and an inch there and its getting ok . Got storm posts so its a wait and see thing " Went on a sled recovery on Saturday. 50 miles from the lodge. To a place I never ride. And I discovered Tons of places untracked and begging to be ridden. Got to be willing to haul gas and do a trail dash to get to some of this, but its out there. Can't be spoiled and say no trails if you want the big adventure I ride a lot of back country difficult terrain. Now if I can learn some of this stuff without getting lost, well lets try. And the same for our other guides. As it was Kent and all his trail riding that sent me to the recovery and all the new dirt I saw along the way. So, fear not......its mountain riding.......get out here.......
Thanks for the update Carter, fingers crossed , see you in a few days.

UP RIDER

Our crew had a Great three days riding with Rilley , a little less powder than last year but awesome riding. Thanks Again Rilley!

carter

Its been a while.......conditions are good. Lots of good stuff to find. Been slammed with people. More later.