Carter's Corner.....

snoclo

"mini Gorilla" (not a bad thing)

Riley; when I chimed in, I didn't want you to think it was some kind of slam. Hope to ride with you & your pops again, I'll try to keep up as long as I don't run out of fuel. L8r, Al in Iowa

carter

Carter Sez.....

Riley, you are dead......bring a spare sled...you can't talk to me that way......so you got 4 ft. of powder to ride in in Minn. ? oh, thats right , flat country.....

carter

Carter Sez.....

So, I rode 14 days straight, and got tired. Day off, and I spend it on the computer. Nope, went riding with friends. The update is it won't quit snowing. last week got over 3 ft. of it. Parking lot races were great. Next chance for sun is Wed. That means more snow. I think I tracked up 2 meadows last week. On a serious note, the conditions could not be better. When you ride an area and go back 2 days later and there are no tracks, well you get the Idea..more later....

m8man

We are leaving for Tog Lodge on Feb 17th. Can't wait. I'm excited as I get to see how our Keweenaw boondocking will/wont transfer to mountain sledding. I can't wait to hook up with a great guide and have a great time.

I am like a kid on xmas morning.

m8man

carter

Carter Sez.....

a quick update, sun for a few days and butt cold got us hard snow, crystal powder, and lots of hard pack. Its to begin to snow today for a few. Things will change with that. And still tons of good stuff to find and ride, Tech, get the hint.......candy store is open........

carter

c

Weather report posted a string of amounts to total 16 in. by Sun. morning. here's hoping... Get my guide sled back tomorrow. Trees today with a group that thinks perhaps I can't ride.....more on that later. The place is rocking and the riding is good. Gotta go hunting. The new snow will fresh up everything. Good stuff....

carter

c

I'm having a year this year. The personal sled now has a bad PTO crank bearing. So I was on a red 800 that just got a new motor. Ran great. Today I'm back on my guide sled with its 3rd new motor. I'm hoping for the best. When this sled is running its the greatest sled I've ever ridden. We got new snow. In the yard 5 in. and on top of game at least 10. Felt like 15. Really good pow. day yesterday. And yes Pat, 1-b is still open. Everyone enjoy the game and more later. The conditions here are just plain AWESOME...........

Firecatguy

I'm having a year this year. The personal sled now has a bad PTO crank bearing. So I was on a red 800 that just got a new motor. Ran great. Today I'm back on my guide sled with its 3rd new motor. I'm hoping for the best. When this sled is running its the greatest sled I've ever ridden. We got new snow. In the yard 5 in. and on top of game at least 10. Felt like 15. Really good pow. day yesterday. And yes Pat, 1-b is still open. Everyone enjoy the game and more later. The conditions here are just plain AWESOME...........

meow!!!here kitty......lol

carter

Carter Sez.....

First day back on the guide sled and it rocks.The problem was a defective head sent from Polaris for motor # 2. Motor #1 was lower main bearing failure. motor # 3 was fried parts and settings. Its all back together and its all good. As for the snow.........the last 2 days I've been in face shot snow. 16 in. on sunday and a storm on Monday produced another 12 in. This is Feb. powder riding. kinda like the best there is riding, creates a reaction in my loins riding... oh, you get the picture. Come one come all to the greatest show on snow......