Carter's Corner.....

carter

So, what about hay days??????? Looks like Jack, Lefty, Kent, and yours truly will be there to beat up on you flatlanders......Come on over.....

carter

Had a guy call Derek 2 weeks ago asking for clutch setup on a polaris. What makes this a story is I was in Custer State Park at a stop with 10 other bikes taking a drink. 94 out and the phone in the trunk rings. Someone is thinking about winter and wants to play with his machine in August.....Got to love this sport....too hot to mow, too hot to fish, but not too hot to work on the red rockets....go winter.....that includes you too AL......

lookin4snow

Never Too Early to Plan

People are starting to get the itch. The Parkers, Dan and I are getting together next Friday for a fish fry and beverages to plan our 2012-2013 trips. Start planning early so that things like work and your boss don't get in the way. Enjoy the Harley while you can!

carter

Trying to gather all info regarding weather to make a decision on riding it to Hay Days......Don't like cold and having to plan early morning and late nite riding to get there puts my in cold. But it would be a great road trip.....maybe dressed in Klim clothes.....LOL...not warm but dry.....I'll keep you informed...you coming over???? More Later...

snoclo

Had a guy call Derek 2 weeks ago asking for clutch setup on a polaris. What makes this a story is I was in Custer State Park at a stop with 10 other bikes taking a drink. 94 out and the phone in the trunk rings. Someone is thinking about winter and wants to play with his machine in August.....Got to love this sport....too hot to mow, too hot to fish, but not too hot to work on the red rockets....go winter.....that includes you too AL......

Called the dealer Friday to see if/when my new cat arrives, definitely want to check a couple things this year.
Might be going to Princeton, not to sure about Hey Days

Last edited:

Firecatguy

Trying to gather all info regarding weather to make a decision on riding it to Hay Days......Don't like cold and having to plan early morning and late nite riding to get there puts my in cold. But it would be a great road trip.....maybe dressed in Klim clothes.....LOL...not warm but dry.....I'll keep you informed...you coming over???? More Later...

hahahah I was with ya and just before that break I was looking at the nice smooth hills in custer thinking"""hmm that be nice on a sled" I wounder if they alow sleds in custer park hahahhahahahahaa

carter

I'm convinced we are all wierd.......part of the fun in riding motorcycles in the mountains for me is looking at all the possibilities of where I might get to or not on a sled. So this morning I wondered; how many of us dream of summer and or other things when we are making the perfect powder carve......that great fish you caught while making a great hill climb.....I want answers..........

Flatland Jack

Okay Carter..... going skydiving tomorrow (for the first time)....will let you know how that rush compares to snowmobiling. I'll see if I'm thinking about sledding while I'm dropping.
Otherwise I'm thinking about sledding while I'm fishing. It don't get much better than that.

Definitely weird in average warm blooded humans eyes. My wife tells me so! Summer pretty much sucks in my eyes.

So this morning I wondered; how many of us dream of summer and or other things when we are making the perfect powder carve......that great fish you caught while making a great hill climb.....I want answers..........

Dream of summer? Rarely ever. Dream of summer WHILE riding sleds? Absolutely NEVER. I dream of the perfect lines I WILL be making across that hill, field or slope. Oh, and how not to wind up in those trees right there.

snoclo

It's pretty much a 1 way street for me, been sky diving, fishing/boating, on the motorcycle, quads,etc... at some point I was thinking of snow. Can't think of a time I've every thought of anything but sledd'in when I'm rippin' thru trees or a across untracked powder. I do have a weakness when comes time to go down 1/4 mile though, but that's usually only lasts 10-15 seconds at a time.

lookin4snow

Well? Last night spent the evening with good friends planning our mountain riding trips for the coming season. Todays forecast is sunny and 91. Boat will be in the water by 10:00. While we will be having fun on the water, the sand bar conversations almost always turn to snowmobiling. We will pull the boat out of the water this afternoon and head over to a snowmobile club fundraiser tonight, only to again talk about the mountain riding that is planned for the winter. Some might call this a disease.....

carter

Well? Last night spent the evening with good friends planning our mountain riding trips for the coming season. Todays forecast is sunny and 91. Boat will be in the water by 10:00. While we will be having fun on the water, the sand bar conversations almost always turn to snowmobiling. We will pull the boat out of the water this afternoon and head over to a snowmobile club fundraiser tonight, only to again talk about the mountain riding that is planned for the winter. Some might call this a disease.....

Well, here we go...it rained hard Tuesday and Wed. we saw the tops of the Tetons with a covering of new stuff. Also, the storm went NE and Liz. at Togwotee posted a snowing picture there as well......oh boy....this round won't hold, but its started........

foxrvrcat

We will be there in early March ... my 50th birthday - bucket list thing! I use a helmet with an electric shield, I know I'm not going to be able to use it out there. I'm in need of a new helmet anyway. Looking for suggestions. Wondered if the modulars work OK? Thanks!!!

zrt001

helmet

We will be there in early March ... my 50th birthday - bucket list thing! I use a helmet with an electric shield, I know I'm not going to be able to use it out there. I'm in need of a new helmet anyway. Looking for suggestions. Wondered if the modulars work OK? Thanks!!!

There is a Thread above this one with a lot of opinions on helmets. I use an mx style works good you can find a decent one for 75 to 100. Get goggles that a polarized, in flat light conditions I haven't found the right lense yet. have fun you will be hooked for life....

attack_06

full face helmet way to warm out there in march