Carter's Corner.....

Flatland Jack

Just got back from riding with Carter for 4 days again.
This guy just seems to be able to smell where there is untracked snow.
If you're thinking about going what are you waiting for? You are not going to find any new snow sitting in front of your computer.
Sometimes you just happen to find a new "honey hole"
See you again in March, Carter.
Flatland Jack

jonw

Flatland Jack,
I was riding with some buddies in Tog on Friday and Saturday. Agree with you about the guides being able to find fresh (we rode with Brent). My Buddy sold a bumper to someone from Minnesota Sunday morning...was that one of the guys in your group?

Flatland Jack

jonw
nobody in our group got a new bumper - so that wasn't me.
farmboy84
snow is good now. Had 4'' at lodge in last 3 days = 8'' up top.
Pics don't do justice, I have 100's, I quit taking them, they all look the same.
Flatland Jack

carter

Finally a day off, only to start a 22 day run tomorrow......happy birthday to all I missed and a happy valentine's day to all. the weather forcast can't show all the small bursts of snow that are floating through the area and the little amounts of white out that add up to inches.I'm telling you lost lake was 2 plus feet deep monday...conditions are real good right now.....then in comes the weather channel with snow from Sat. till wed. Its Feb. guys Feb. is snow month....come and get it...

carter

Well the togwotee season has a few days remaining......snow is spring conditions....I hope to ride in April with guys from Minn. for 4 days. Also friends going south to take in the beauty down there.....will post more on that as time time comes. I'm hoping the "April Season' will happen again this year. more on that as well....

attack_06

Well the togwotee season has a few days remaining......snow is spring conditions....I hope to ride in April with guys from Minn. for 4 days. Also friends going south to take in the beauty down there.....will post more on that as time time comes. I'm hoping the "April Season' will happen again this year. more on that as well....
u must have been busy this season very few posts this year on conditions keep us posted in april

Iowarider

Carter, just got back from seeing the hottest Cat on the mountain. Al does'nt seem to bummed out. I think dealer says he Cat should cover hopefully. I told him he would look better on an RMK.

carter

We had a strange year.....starting out with we were one of three places that had snow. Everyone came here and the system got flattened. Continued volumn and low snow kept the system flat. Small amounts of additional snow never really brought it back. Then we had a couple of good ones and the riding was great. Its been challenging to find untracked all year but I did and in the process I amazed myself at all the stuff there is out there that I have not ridden. So I won't apologize for the slow responses this year but will try to do better. Oh, and I've got to stop getting hurt......that sled parked on my chest has produced its bruising....not real painfull but there nun the less....so, on we go......more later...

snoclo

What a way to finish off the year, My sled means nothing to me. Hope you aren't getting sorer by the day, I should have been there sooner. Most of the time I'm too close, that time I couldn't get there soon enough.
Take care, & God Bless.
P.S. Thanks again for hauling my sh:t back to lodge, Al
We had a strange year.....starting out with we were one of three places that had snow. Everyone came here and the system got flattened. Continued volumn and low snow kept the system flat. Small amounts of additional snow never really brought it back. Then we had a couple of good ones and the riding was great. Its been challenging to find untracked all year but I did and in the process I amazed myself at all the stuff there is out there that I have not ridden. So I won't apologize for the slow responses this year but will try to do better. Oh, and I've got to stop getting hurt......that sled parked on my chest has produced its bruising....not real painfull but there nun the less....so, on we go......more later...

Last edited:

carter

Al, you rock......got there in plenty of time.....just the bruising that has to come and go....keep me posted on the next sno-check...

carter

Its going to be even harder next year to keep the sled under me...that new Polaris is lighter and wants to tail walk.......says Dan Adams.....

carter

There are some things I know; I am a Van guy...lousy gas mpg, but I am a van guy....i am a polaris guy......real mad at them at times but I am a polaris guy.....Pat.......

carter

I think I will.......haydays has a way of getting the juices going....and with my friend Scott living in Princeton its a no brainer....

jafraune

"I'm a van guy". A famous qoute in the rental shop....serious me and logan are on the floor laughiing right now that u posted that....jack