Catalyst pricing

snoden

df your further ahead on the suspension game than most so you know what it's like riding a dialed in sled. Maybe I was being a little hard on the smart shock concept, sorry if I offended you as it was not my intention. All my buddies have experienced a fault with their smart shocks either it be the Tcats or the Mach, it sucks when it happens.

whitedust

Well so far when it's working it's pure perfection for me. I say when it's working. Last week I had the suspension fault warning on my dash an entire day. It's in the shop right now and they are diagnosing it. When it faults out the suspension defaults to the stiffest setting, which with smooth trails is fine, but rough trails would have sucked.

Just to clarify. I'm very particular too with my suspension setups. I have the Mach, plus a 2021 Renegade XRS and a 22' Grand touring. I brought all three sleds to a guy I know in Ontario who specializes in suspension because I don't know how to do it myself and don't have the time to figure it out. We travel to Ontario a lot so it's not too far out of the way for me, but it is a hassle to trailer the entire way. Rear springs are changed on all three sleds as well as limiter straps, XRS has a complete spring package (replaced stock), 2022 Grand touring I replaced springs and front shocks to Elka stage 4's from day one, along with Elka stage 3 center shock. So with all that said and knowing how much I like my smart shocks I was surprised at your comments. To each his own I guess.
Uh oh I hope this fault isn’t a pattern? Let me know what they find and if the part is available? Better to shake it out before Yellowstone trip.

snobuilder

Leave it to the insecure Doo clan to steer this Arctic Cat Catalyst thread into the Doo ditch....LOL......BAAAAAA>

So much innovation. This is a game changer. The advanced mass centralization of weight, no chain noise and a multi use tunnel / chassis to reduce manufacturing cost, while Doo is doing nothing but complicating what needs to be simple. Doo is for the lazy uninvolved (except for the credit card), sledder.

dfattack

df your further ahead on the suspension game than most so you know what it's like riding a dialed in sled. Maybe I was being a little hard on the smart shock concept, sorry if I offended you as it was not my intention. All my buddies have experienced a fault with their smart shocks either it be the Tcats or the Mach, it sucks when it happens.
No offense taken. Just was intrigued by the smart shock comment that’s all. Other than the fault haven’t had anything but good come from them. Thanks for clarifying

dfattack

Leave it to the insecure Doo clan to steer this Arctic Cat Catalyst thread into the Doo ditch....LOL......BAAAAAA>

So much innovation. This is a game changer. The advanced mass centralization of weight, no chain noise and a multi use tunnel / chassis to reduce manufacturing cost, while Doo is doing nothing but complicating what needs to be simple. Doo is for the lazy uninvolved (except for the credit card), sledder.
Yeah well the last thing I am is lazy and uninvolved. Not sure who you are referring to.

snobuilder

Yeah well the last thing I am is lazy and uninvolved. Not sure who you are referring to.
Based on sales alone, Ski Doos are great sleds . Hooray for you Doo owners! But you are in a thread about a new AC model and have several posts yet none are about the topic.
I know these threads go off topic but what are your thoughts on the AC Catalyst?
I hope you are not going to automatically condemn it before it hits the trails like Indy did.

Sorry, not sorry. This happens every time cat or in the past, Yamaha came out with a new sled. The Doo guys and to a limited amount Poo guys have to jump on it's chit and call it crap just to soothe their own fragile sled choice egos....so sad. We are down to basically 3 manufacturers. Give this sled a chance guys!. ....BTW I am NOT a Cat guy but I admire Cats willingness to make the huge investment in the R and D and not just roll over and give up.
I hope they sell a bunch of these new sleds and they prove to be a home run.

euphoric1

so are you going to get one ordered? :)

all it needs is a real windshield!
I would really like to see the 800 option, however with engine and chassis improvements the 600 will likely be plenty for me. I will be curious to see if it will be a limited availability pre order situation, if that's the case I'm sure they will be gone faster than a blink of an eye! would really like to see the ZR in person and sit on it, but yes depending on availability I do plan on ordering a Catalyst ZR. As everyone knows I am a Cat fan, I have to laugh at all the "doom and gloom" that came out when Textron took over... it was going to be the end of Arctic Cat... the writing was on the wall and so on and so on. Well here it is.... "The writing on the wall" what ya all got to say now????? MEOOOOOW!!!
As you know my ZR 8000 has little or no windshield....windshields are overrated LOL!!!

euphoric1

Like perhaps, Diamaond drive?

Yeah, well, as it appears to be, Yamaha has been left out. Poor fitment, as sled chassis not designed for it, and, or too much weight? 3 cylinder Yam engine needs to be reversed front to back for good CG balance.
Yamaha has been left out?? without Arctic Cat what would Yamaha have had?? I don't agree with "Yamaha has been left out" I for one don't want to see any manufacturer go by the wayside, IMO the less brand offering the less innovation there will be over time, competition is always good for no matter what industry you may be talking about. More times than not it promotes brand loyalty through new products, innovations and preference. There is a very brand loyal following of Yamaha and i'm sure if you asked any one of them that they would rather see a "Yamaha" sled and not just a "Yamaha" engine in a "Cat" chassis and if it is a case of being felt "Yamaha has been left out" maybe its time Yamaha introduces a "Yamaha" snowmobile IMO and I hope that they do, not only for its followers but for the industry as a whole.

dfattack

I would really like to see the 800 option, however with engine and chassis improvements the 600 will likely be plenty for me. I will be curious to see if it will be a limited availability pre order situation, if that's the case I'm sure they will be gone faster than a blink of an eye! would really like to see the ZR in person and sit on it, but yes depending on availability I do plan on ordering a Catalyst ZR. As everyone knows I am a Cat fan, I have to laugh at all the "doom and gloom" that came out when Textron took over... it was going to be the end of Arctic Cat... the writing was on the wall and so on and so on. Well here it is.... "The writing on the wall" what ya all got to say now????? MEOOOOOW!!!
As you know my ZR 8000 has little or no windshield....windshields are overrated LOL!!!
Well I think that’s great! Can’t wait to see it in person!

old abe

Yamaha has been left out?? without Arctic Cat what would Yamaha have had?? I don't agree with "Yamaha has been left out" I for one don't want to see any manufacturer go by the wayside, IMO the less brand offering the less innovation there will be over time, competition is always good for no matter what industry you may be talking about. More times than not it promotes brand loyalty through new products, innovations and preference. There is a very brand loyal following of Yamaha and i'm sure if you asked any one of them that they would rather see a "Yamaha" sled and not just a "Yamaha" engine in a "Cat" chassis and if it is a case of being felt "Yamaha has been left out" maybe its time Yamaha introduces a "Yamaha" snowmobile IMO and I hope that they do, not only for its followers but for the industry as a whole.
Yeah, well, euphorict, I patiently waited for the "All new, all Yamaha" sled over 10 years ago, and all for nothing! I believed if anybody could produce a new 4-stroke, lighter weight snowmobile, it was to be Yamaha. Sadly not to be, as Yamaha's all new, all Yamaha snowmobile was nothing but All BS! Yes, sadly Yamaha could have DONE this, however Yamaha chose NOT TOO! Only Yamaha has left themselves OUT! Yamaha would have been gone years ago had not AC thrown them a life line. Just as you said. Sadly so it is, as I believe Textron, AC, does not need Yamaha, or anyone else for that matter. AC can take care of themselves, and will if they are to succeed with the new Catalyst! Count on that! AC is used to Coming Back, and I believe they will do so.

1fujifilm

Guys, please remember its not just what you pay, it's also what you get at resale time.

I can tell you Cat has TERRIBLE resale value.

indy_500

Well, when only 10-15% of snowmobilers are buying cats, you don’t have much power at hand to get top dollar, that’s just common sense. My good riding buddy has had his 18 m8000 for sale for 2 years now w/under 1k miles for $8500. Even through the covid buying craze, he was unable to get 1 person to even come look. I just sold my 16 pro rmk that was very rough around the edges, with 2500 miles, in 1 day for $8k. I paid $10,597 in September of 2015…

Have watched a number of vids about the catalyst in the past week. Hope it’s a hit to bring more competitiveness to the market. Major disappointment though that it will only have the small displacement motor until 2 years from now…

dfattack

Well, when only 10-15% of snowmobilers are buying cats, you don’t have much power at hand to get top dollar, that’s just common sense. My good riding buddy has had his 18 m8000 for sale for 2 years now w/under 1k miles for $8500. Even through the covid buying craze, he was unable to get 1 person to even come look. I just sold my 16 pro rmk that was very rough around the edges, with 2500 miles, in 1 day for $8k. I paid $10,597 in September of 2015…

Have watched a number of vids about the catalyst in the past week. Hope it’s a hit to bring more competitiveness to the market. Major disappointment though that it will only have the small displacement motor until 2 years from now…
Maybe your buddy should market his sled that’s for sale like you did for yours?

euphoric1

I for one (also being a cat fan) think Cat had a real solid offering with the Catalyst, and I will admit I was concerned of Cat's future when Textron took ownership but here we are with a new chassis with a lot of innovation and IMO you don't come out with something as new as that if you aren't planning on staying in the playing field. I give a big hats off to Textron and look forward to seeing what's next. And as far as small engine offering I do agree but with chassis and weight changes a 125 hp 600 would actually be plenty for me but won't deny I would prefer an 800 cc offering and that's the only thing I am tossed on whether I pull trigger this year or wait to see what 2025 offering has. either way no other brands in the cross hairs for me, going to be the Catalyst