Chance of a White Xmas in North Central WI?

Highflyer

Just an FYI....Ice Conditions are deteriorating in northern Wisconsin ...we had an ice shack go through Lake Alice two days ago, and just today, a 65 year old man went through the ice on the Spirit Flowage, while riding his four wheeler, he is fine (no word on recovery of the 4 wheeler)...it's currently raining lightly, and 44 degrees ...6 inches of ice two days ago, is now 3-4, and soft
Pure stupidity to have an ice shack or ATV on the ice given the current weather conditions. I have zero sympathy for either person in your stories. It's one thing to zip across think ice at high rate of speed on a snowmobile but an ATV/sitting ice shack just makes zero sense given the thin ice/warm temps.

pclark

I’m in Naperville visiting my daughter for Christmas but I looked on our cameras and all of our snow is gone and it’s 40 degrees in Manitowish Waters. No white Christmas anywhere, sad…..

winterwarlock

Even if by some chance we got a big dump of snow right now we really need a good long hard freeze first to get some decent ice and frozen ground underneath.

eagle1

Rode sled yesterday.......from trailer into garage.....so I can look at iti everyday.....and be even more pissed off.😭😭

IOWASLEDDER

Even if a miracle dumping of snow was to occur and IF the clubs were to get the trails into riding condition, how many trails would not be able to be ridden with all this warm weather? A bunch of trails not only cross lakes, but also swamps, etc. I have to believe that if lakes are not froze, the swampy areas have to be the same way as of right now.

pclark

Even if a miracle dumping of snow was to occur and IF the clubs were to get the trails into riding condition, how many trails would not be able to be ridden with all this warm weather? A bunch of trails not only cross lakes, but also swamps, etc. I have to believe that if lakes are not froze, the swampy areas have to be the same way as of right now.
It’s a mess right now. No cold weather until next and then we start all over. Gonna be awhile folks.