Cooke City, Montana

polarisrider1

Okay Joe aka wintertime. This year you will be in the movies! flatlanders 2 will be filming while your out to Cooke so it will be your chance to shine. (no pressure) lol. Not sure who Rev Kev is rooming with but he is a safe bet for a roomie. He tucks in early and with little fuss. lol.

winter_time

I'm ready to go all I have been thinking about lately is the sound of my 900 running up a mountain, and maybe getting another chance to go down the mountain on my stomach while holding onto the ski loop and handlebars.

polarisrider1

how are the conditions looking for out there?
Well they had their first avalanche a few weeks back. I suspect some of the snow was left over from last winter. They road/trail out to "Top of the world" was finally cleared of snow in July. We will be fine. the cams in town do nothing for what is there. Same with Tog. cam.

polarisrider1

Joe, where the heck we picking you up at. I think we are traveling around the bottom of Lake Mi. to get out there. That lake is always in the way!

polarisrider1

Jan. 23rd? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I suspect we will get there on the 22nd. We will be riding for 5 days, 23rd to 27th. Cooke is a 25-30 hour drive for Doug and I, depending on weather. But one thing for sure we will be there. Staying at the Super 8 and Hanging with Bear Claw Bob.

winter_time

Looking forward to riding out with you guys this year. I know Rick can make it through Chicago with no problem. I suspect I will see you around midnight on the 20th.

Cuzzinolaf ,

Load up your sled and come along for a ride its going to be fun!

polarisrider1

Eat there all the time, what is the problem?
Last 2 times we stopped there we lost our driver to the squirts, And ...................... well there is more. Why would you eat there? is it the Buffet deal? Remember the yellow is chicken and the blue is beef. :)

RevKev

Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BILLINGS MT
336 AM MST FRI DEC 30 2011

.A STRONG FLOW OF PACIFIC MOISTURE WILL IMPACT WEST FACING SLOPES
OF THE BEARTOOTH AND ABSAROKA MOUNTAINS FROM TODAY THROUGH
SATURDAY MORNING. THIS IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE A PERIOD OF HEAVY
SNOWFALL ALONG WITH STRONG WINDS RESULTING IN DANGEROUS WINTER
CONDITIONS. DOWNSLOPE WINDS WILL RESULT IN LITTLE IF ANY SNOWFALL
ON EAST AND NORTH FACING SLOPES AROUND RED LODGE.

MTZ067-311045-
/O.NEW.KBYZ.WS.W.0019.111230T1300Z-111231T1900Z/
ABSAROKA/BEARTOOTH MOUNTAINS-
INCLUDING THE LOCATIONS OF...COOKE CITY
336 AM MST FRI DEC 30 2011

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BILLINGS HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN
EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST SATURDAY.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP EARLY THIS MORNING AND BECOME HEAVY
AT TIMES BY MID DAY. SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL CONTINUE
THROUGH TONIGHT TAPERING OFF BY LATE SATURDAY MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION...12 TO 18 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ON WEST
FACING SLOPES...INCLUDING THE COOKE CITY AREA. EAST AND NORTH
SLOPES NEAR RED LODGE AND NYE WILL SEE ONLY LIGHT SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS.

* WINDS...WEST WINDS WILL GUST TO OVER 50 MPH AT TIMES TODAY AND
TONIGHT...WITH THE STRONGEST WINDS ON EXPOSED WEST FACING
SLOPES. STRONG WINDS WILL TAPER OFF SATURDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...HEAVY SNOWFALL COMBINED WITH STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE
WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES...IN ADDITION TO SIGNIFICANT
BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THESE WINTER CONDITIONS WILL BE
DANGEROUS FOR THOSE TRAVELING IN THE COOKE CITY AREA OR
PARTICIPATING IN WINTER BACK COUNTRY ACTIVITIES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SNOW IS
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL
MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

&&

$$

HTTP://WEATHER.GOV/BILLINGS
High avalanche Danger today for Cooke City, they received over a foot yesterday, with wind gusts over 60mph. Now another 12 to 18 by Saturday, but still windy. We leave in 6 Days:D

thebreeze

We will be riding this Sunday and all week. Ill try and remember to post up some pics of handlebars sticking out of the snow!!

polarisrider1

cant wait to get out there.
I got to find my clutch weights. I may not get to ride here before we leave and I am all set up for MI. Irons suppose to have 8 inches by Monday night and I will be a waiting for it. Its a Poo so I will adapt quickly.
Jacob, is Rob going out with us?

winterrules03

Winter_Time,

I'm almost your neighbor here in Lake Villa. We went out with Jacob and the crew last year to Ten Mile and had a blast. Going again this year end of March / start of April. Next year, we want to go to Cooke City as well. So, keep us posted on how the trip goes. Do me a favor, tell Rick that the Arctic Cat Guy just bought that "$50 helmet for his $5 head".

RevKev, have a great time. Hope your summer went fast.

Barry

RevKev

Winter_Time,

I'm almost your neighbor here in Lake Villa. We went out with Jacob and the crew last year to Ten Mile and had a blast. Going again this year end of March / start of April. Next year, we want to go to Cooke City as well. So, keep us posted on how the trip goes. Do me a favor, tell Rick that the Arctic Cat Guy just bought that "$50 helmet for his $5 head".

RevKev, have a great time. Hope your summer went fast.

Barry
Not fast enough Barry....