Did anybody else see this accident?

dickmsp

Dang.. my experience with folks from Illinois snowmobiling has always been great.. very friendly, excited to be out riding, fun to talk to.

shelby369

A person from Illinois who pumps money into Wisconsin's economy by supporting the local businesses. Or if you're ignorant enough to use the term it stands for F****** Iliinois B*******.

I love Illinois money........bring it to Wisconsin in buckets please. I don't think what state your from determines how you ride...... I do have to say one thing about Illinois though..... get a football team !!!!!!

olsmann

A person from Illinois who pumps money into Wisconsin's economy by supporting the local businesses. Or if you're ignorant enough to use the term it stands for F****** Iliinois B*******.

I will add this. They also typically (not always) carry an unbeliveable arrogance with them about the money they spend in small towns. Which is evident over and over again by what you see on both these boards and the trails. Stereotypes usually start based on some truth. It's funny your first reaction is to talk about the money you spend in wi. Further strengthing the very stereo type you have issues with.

Last edited:

alwaysright

this thread has totally de-railed but I'll join in the fun

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FIB

I especially like #4, but they're all pretty funny.
read the 4th line in the #4 definition, obviously not all are this way, but plenty that are. If your one that doesn't act this way then great, you are not a FIB but you have to admit there are those from your state (and other states obviously) that act like this.

polarisrider1

Your not alone in Wisconsin. We get them to here in west Michigan. They do spend big bucks here with their mansion /cottages/yachts lining lake Michigan. And Boy do they pay us "poor" locals big $$$$ to maintain them.
Fib's are welcome here from Saugatuck to Traverse City.
note: We would never call you a fib around here. I had to ask Olaf what that means. I suspect it is a regional term.
Many Yoopers also take troll money even though some feel they don't need it.
My question is, Are these true Yoopers with this attitude or is it transplants sitting on huge retirement income up there who simply are full of themselves?

Last edited:

shelby369

I've done a non-scientific study over the last 30 years of sitting in bars......It's a 85% chance that if a guy in the bar is drinking Bud Light, he's from Illinois or was formerly from "the land of Lincoln" ........ I need a federal grant of $500k or so to formally study that question......

chicagosledder

I will add this. They also typically (not always) carry an unbeliveable arrogance with them about the money they spend in small towns. Which is evident over and over again by what you see on both these boards and the trails. Stereotypes usually start based on some truth. It's funny your first reaction is to talk about the money you spend in wi. Further strengthing the very stereo type you have issues with.

Not offended at all, I love to go to Michigan and ride. I am far from arrogant, I work a blue collar job and enjoy riding not bashing people who are from another state. When it comes down to it, if it wasn't for tourism in general some businesses could or would fail. I do avoid Wisconsin riding like the plague though. Too much drinking and riding by other riders for my money.

awbrennan

WOW. I am a middle class hard working person who loves to ride. I practice the up most in safety and respect on the trails and in your communities. I am also a packers fan from way back. I live in central Illinois. I drink spotted cow when I am up in your areas. me and my buddies were just up for ten days and bought two new sleds while there. every time we had a chance we donated to the groomers fund we saw at businesses. I refuse to let a few a##holes represent me or my group. but we would be glad to drive the extra hour into the up if that is really the way you feel. ( f.i.s.h or F.i. b).

snobuilder

Calm down buzz...the whole FIB - Cheese head
goes back so far that no one knows who called who what first. ...but pretty sure it was FIB came first.

HIGHLANDER

We the boys from illinois
We live in caves and ditches
We bang our c0cks on jagged rocks because
We're mean sons of biches

blkhwkbob

Well, northern Wisconsin would probably not fall off the planet, but I guarantee you that without FIB's money, the economy up there would be hurting.

Woodtic

The Yoopers love my FIB butt and the stack of cash I bring. When they find out I'm passing fake twenties ,I may have to ride in Wisconsin again.

olsmann

Wow this got way off track. These guys could have been Fibs, cheese heads or mud ducks. My point of the thread is that they were complete idiots either way.