Dropping gas prices

kevisip

With gas prices so cheap, I cant wait to get on the road with the camper and friends. Last year Diesel was around 4.80 or more I think..It feels like I just got a raise!

snowangel03

Diesel is cheaper that unleaded here in the Chicago area. It's the same way in NW Indiana too. It's about time.

Kevisip - I hear ya'! We didn't go anywhere last year because diesel was so high. We have a fifth wheel that we keep in Indiana. We go there every weekend in summer.

We bought it so we can go other places and last year there was no way. This year we will be pulling our camper out of our campsite in Indiana at the beginning of June. We will head up to our friends summer place which is close to the WI Dells. He has 8 acres of pure fun. ATV's, swimming, etc. Then for the week of the fourth of July we will head up to the Mercer area.

I am so happy that we will be able to travel again.

Although I would like to know why unleaded is going up so quickly!! It was $2.23 on Friday and today at the same place in Lombard, IL it was $2.39!!!

xcr440

"With gas prices so cheap, I cant wait to get on the road with the camper and friends. Last year Diesel was around 4.80 or more I think..It feels like I just got a raise!"

This is our economic stimulus: KEEP THE PRICE OF GAS DOWN, AND WE WILL ALL SPEND MORE......

kevisip

XCR440, There is a lot of truth to that, but unfortunatly my work wages actually depend on the higher gas prices, for me a double edged sword! Oh well, life goes on.

xsledder

$2.45 in Roselle, IL. Obama's rich oil buddies are getting richer! He's for Big Oil. (Well, at least that is what I was told the last time the price of gas went up.)

zrjes

Regular gas is up to 2.71 downtown Chicago

For being in a recession our gas prices are very over inflated!

Stack

coldbear

At least we know it's not a Bush/Chaney plot to raise the gas prices.Mabye Obama could use a few extra bucks.I hear he's eating lunch at Burger King,to save tax payer monies instead of those lousy White House Chef specials.One hundred days and he's got things running smooth!

booondocker

$1.66 wholesale price of gasoline today.

Add Fed tax
State tax
Sales Tax
Destination
Mark-up

Latest word is that some monkey sneezed in koocamonga, spreading snot on a pipeline which might cause it to get greasy, causing inspectors to slip off the pipe which could cause liability insurance to drift up, sooooooo the price of gasoline is going up. :) Ain't that nice.

Actually the report that recently came out was that the gasoline stockpile didn't increase to the 2.2 million barrels, and only increased .8 million barrels so that HAS TO MEAN....HIGHER PRICES.

Bend over, drop your drawers and smile at the camera....you are about to be taken for another ride.

Who wants to bet that by the 4th of July, we will be hovering near $3 a gallon again???

xsledder

I would speculate gas will be well into the 3's this summer. Obama has to pay for all his spending. I heard a good comment today. Obamanomics, trickle up poverty.

zrjes

$2.65 today in the Chicago Burbs, I paid 2.19 on May 3rd. Prices are going up faster than I have ever seen for a 1 week period.

anonomoose

$2.01 per gallon in North branch Michigan last weekend.

$2.32 in Lapeer Michigan Friday...prices should drift down as wholesale prices have been moving south.

These means increased affordability for tripping north to see colors....

garoo

Saw some oil analysts on tv one day about a month ago. They were stating that the reason for the drop is because of our alternative energy sources. They have to try to make oil cheaper so we don't go the alternative way. If we go alternative we will not need their oil and they will be sitting on all that oil and no one to buy it. They stated that gas could be well under $2.00 by this time next year. Let's hope they are right.

xcr440

Let's hope there are enough people out there that will BUY and USE those alternative energy sources so this happens.

snobuilder

garoo
what specificly is it that they say has made such a great impact on the amount of oil we use in this country?
nothing has magicly happened in the past 12 months in the "alternative" energy arena that could make any diff. in the price of crude which is directly tied to market speculation.
How about 10%to 15% unemployment having an impact on gas prices, I think my analysis is closer to the truth lol.