Dropping gas prices

yamahauler

Gas has opened at $39/barrel this morning. I hope that goes to $10/barrel. What makes it funny is that OPEC made the largest production cut ever and it's still going down (hopefully it stays down).

Does the price still going down after a move by OPEC obviously show that the speculators were the ones that drove the price through the roof to make a buck and screw everyone else! And all those people that said otherwise (all oil companies!)

zx6r1996

Right, but the speculators could name their price because they knew there was no other source for oil. I actually see this as proof that we need to drill here, because OPEC obviously agrees that less supply = higher prices.

Not saying I am not enjoying $1.75ish gas for the new Excursion V10 sled hauler! Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

I am not one for gouging or conspiracy theories, but I will agree that it is complete BS that diesel is still close to $1 more than gasoline, when it used to be about $1 cheaper for 30 years before. They know the people who need diesel are usually commercial drivers who have no choice on how much they consume.

frnash

<font color="0000ff">zx6r1996:
"… diesel is still close to $1 more than gasoline …"</font>

Just a guess, the excuse: "New Low Emission Diesel to lower emissions of NOx and other pollutants from diesel-powered motor vehicles and nonroad equipment to meet new emissions standards that took effect in 2007." [Proposed Category 10 (PC-10), API CJ-4 ?]

sabercat

Seems like fuel is priced by fleet average mpg not supply and demand.
I have both a gas SUV and diesel truck and my cost to drive them per mile is the same.

S

skylar

Gas on the way up now. Friday morning in Portage, $1.65, Friday afternoon, $1.72, this morning, $1.79. <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>?

25lieb

Gas is 1.99 in Pearl City. Imagine its the same in freeport and rockford. I see it's up to 2.05 in naperville according to illinoisgasprices.com

kb97z

This is one thread that will never go away. Anyway of getting just this thread not to show up in my email?

xcr440

$1.86 in Stevens Point, WI, and up to $1.99 in Phillips, WI.

Creeping to $2, it should stay below that, or we are really going to be in a world of economic hurt this summer.

98panther

Why are threads showing up in your email in the first place? you subscribing to everything?
Didn't know we could even do that here.

sabercat

kb97z on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 10:27 am: Edit Post
This is one thread that will never go away. Anyway of getting just this thread not to show up in my email?

Modify it in your profile. Click on your "name",at the bottom click on user profile, put in password, uncheck that item in the email section. hope this helps.