First ride 08-09 season

S

skylar

Was awesome! First off, thanks to John and Nora for inviting me up to stay and play, and also for letting me ride the brand new Nytro XTX, 0000 miles on the odometer! Moderation is the key when riding someone else's new sled! I didn't want to ride it like it was mine, too much lol, because, well, I didn't want to wreck it! And with early season riding, one has to be careful.

My thoughts on the Nytro, we did 96 miles of trail riding on Friday, and another 40 off of trail on Saturday, track spin
happy.gif
, this sled was a riot! I did not, by any means, feel the weight of the sled when riding it, not on the trail, or off. I never got it stuck, well, I tipped it over trying to pull a cookie, so I don't know what it is like to dig it out. I did have to have John help me tip it back over, but, I think it was past it's "balance" point, which made it hard to do by myself, not really the weight of it. The thing rails on the trails, and floats like a cloud off trail. I could carve it around as easy as my RMK, or my brothers 08 M8. The torque of the thing left a big smile on my face! Smooth, quiet, and pulls like a freight train.
happy.gif
In a little impromptu race with John, the M8 did pull the Nytro by about a sled length, but it was closer than I thought it was going to be. Can't wait to ride it when it gets over a 1000 miles on it. Woohooo!

I finally got to ride with Dave and Lori Sleeman too! Lori may be short, she is shorter than me
happy.gif
, but she can handle a sled with the best of them! Thanks for coming along Dave and Lori!

I will just let the pictures speak for themselves!

90852.jpg

90853.jpg

90854.jpg

90855.jpg

90856.jpg

90857.jpg

90858.jpg

90859.jpg

90860.jpg

90861.jpg

90862.jpg

90863.jpg

90864.jpg

90865.jpg

90866.jpg

dew69

SWEET pics Skylar!! looks like ya'll had a great time. I can't wait to get up there myself. Only 48 day's until we leave.Thanks for sharing.

Dew
Team IoSconSota

mrarctic

AMAZING pics Skylar!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>!Thanks for sharing wit us Im Headin up this next weekend hope its even better

Mr.Arctic
TEAM
ARCTIC
THUNDER

scottiking

SKYLER...Hope ya stayed up by johns neck of the woods and left me some in the Twin lakes area for Thurs!
I would of been up there this weekend but picked up the flu from my Grandson Marcus!
Thanks for the pic's- love to see um!
P.S. I can't beleive I didn't see that yammy up in da air- I know the rule about borrowed sleds, but didn't think you could help yourself! Ha Ha
Scottiking OUT

favoritos

First two pics look like a groomed highway. LOL. I recognized the Vansville gas right away. We will deposit some cash there tomorrow. Always love the view out at the point. How is it getting out there this year? It was dang rough a few times over the past years.

tilltheend

Hey Skylar, nice work with the Yamaha, those pics must be from north of the bridge? I can still see my grass at camp? Whats your schedule this winter? Were up this Thur-Sun to rake the leaves. Just look for the Summits ghostriding across the parking lot at the Mosquito.

doospunk

Nice pics Skylar. You just had to one up us, knowing we were headed to Twin Lakes tomorrow eh? *L* Looking forward to hitting some untracked logging roads!

Scotti - We'll be in cabin 2 through Friday. Stop by for a cold one Thurs. night if it works!

scottiking

Willdoospunk!
It will be late thurs for us!
Unfortunitly Krupps was full but I will be in there early friday to get my hug from Sandy!
Scottiking OUT

S

skylar

skiwatab, have no idea, never checked it.

Scottiking, nope, no air, lot of wheelies though. Plenty of snow left in da woods too!

TTE, the pics with the deeper stuff is south of the bridge this time. Last week of January, JD ride in, would be a good time to meet up? Summit huh? Sweet.

Killer, I think Dave and Lori still have some green blood in their systems!
happy.gif

Kris, no, didn't try to one up you bro, like I said, just an offer I couldn't refuse! LOL.You and Dave and Scottiking throw one back for me eh?

killerbee

Skylar are your going to be up there this weekend? 7 of us will be up there from the first TEAM on this site!! Hennessey..John can ya call Dans for me? And reserve a spot ..Like we talked about before. HMMMM

scottiking

Fur sure Skyler!
Gas is cheep, load it up and get your arsh up there and have one yourself!
or I guess I'll have to go tear up your secret play spot myself! jk

Killer go to bed! don't be zinxin me with the "Dans" thing!
Scottiking OUT

indy5xc

What is the best waterproof bibs to recommend? I'm tired of all the wet-butt riding in the puff-poof. I currently have joe-rocket bibs, like the dozen others over the past 15 years, they say waterproof but after 5-6 rides, they start to soak through. I used Dry-tech2o cabellas hunting pants under my bibs last year- that worked out well for the dry rear.
Scooper (now an indy7xcsp rider)

A

admin

The only material I have found to be 100% water proof for life is Gortex. That is why I wear Klim as it has gortex built into it.

After last Saturday's ride I was dry as a cotton ball inside all of my gear. We all were wearing Klim gear and the stuff Dave and Lori had on was over 10 years old and still working like the day they got it. It may be more expensive, but if gear is going to last you over 10 years in the conditions we ride in and the miles that we put on. It becomes way less expensive than other gear you have to replace every year or two.

Plus it is very comfortable to wear while riding.

-John