Friend on "The Voice" (pretty cool!)

bigvin

THANKS GUYS!
:)

I'll keep you posted on "my" journey with the TUNE's as they go,....
It is pretty cool. I never want to get my hopes up,... but when things
actually "happen",...it is nice to share any experiences,.. heck,.. they only
come along so often, and at MY age,.... WHEW!,...well,...LOL!
Let's just hope they come along,..LOL!

I have practice with my new band tonight,... so I am going to have
to DVR the VOICE,... but excited to watch it anyway.
I sent Meghan a message and she just got back to me,.. that was nice.
She is really grateful of this experience and all of the friends she has met
since she has been down there,... and truly is at peace with whatever the
outcome will be,... she has done all she can do,... put her heart out there,..
and it really isn't in her hands,... so to come this far, she is just elated, and
extremely Thankful of everyone.
and knowing her personally,.. she really is.
I believe you can still vote,... but at this time it probably is a mute point
unless you had an entire office building multi-voting!!!!! (that would be cool!!)
So,... I am pretty curious on what direction Meg will go AFTER all of this
is over? You would think either way that she would get picked up by some
record label? She could perform pretty much pop/soul/country/cross-over???
Who knows?
Like I told her,...
If she ever needs a "shoulder" (or a good melody),...she knows who to turn to.
She knows.
Just blessed that someone like that was a part of my life.
Some doof from Peshtigo Wisconsin. who would of thought? VERY VERY SMALL WORLD.

GO MEGHAN!!!

Goes to show ya,....
Never shun your kids dreams,... no matter what they are.
My parents almost regretted ever buying me a guitar,...and thought
I'd grow "out" of that phase,... and it took them 20 some years and
hearing their friends tell them they loved my songs on the radio,....
to realize that what I did was REAL,... go figure. Now they're proud.
(and really old too) LOL!

Always something!

ROCK ON!

mezz

Vin, now it's your turn to hit The Voice bud. You have a lot going for you, can't hurt to try.:cool:-Mezz

chords

Congrats BV. Thats gotta be so exciting for you. And a new guitar WOW

Funny you mention about your first guitar. I said last nite after Sawyer performed " I wonder how many times his parents told him to turn that thing down & Go get a haircut "

mezz

Congrats BV. Thats gotta be so exciting for you. And a new guitar WOW

Funny you mention about your first guitar. I said last nite after Sawyer performed " I wonder how many times his parents told him to turn that thing down & Go get a haircut "

Well, last night it was Sawyer that walked away the winner. It had to be one of them & how could you go wrong with either choice. Congrats to him as well as the others, they are all winners in the end regardless.-Mezz

bigvin

Yep,...

I didn't know the show was going to be s t r e t c h e d out to infinity like that,...
so I actually got to catch the last half!
You are absolutely correct. They are ALL winners. I thought Meg did an Awesome job
"performing" last night compared to Sawyer by far,... but ya can't judge one night,...
He looked lost with John Fogerty but speaking of Fogerty,..HOLY COW!!! the dude looked
and sounded as good as ever! I was impressed!
It was pretty intense at the Household when they started "knocking them off" at the end,..
and only Meg and Sawyer were left standing there.
In that period where the camera panned over the two of them,...it seemed to take forever,...
and I was thinking to myself,...
"Holy Cow!,...she made the top freaking 2!,...this is amazing,...there she is,...look at this,...."
and my memory flashed to a zip drive warp speed of snipets of times we shared writing,.. or with
friends,.. you know the "old" days,..when stuff like this for her could have only been a dream,...
It was so sureal.
I knew Sawyer was going to win weeks ago,... just by reading all the stuff by the columnists on the internet
that did all the behind the scene stuff and how he was the media's favorite and stuff,...which didn't really
bother me,....the thing that did irk me was on how the columnists and media people would rag on the fans of
Blake Shelton,... and no matter Who he had left,... His team shouldn't deserve to win.
That was pretty poor,...
I doubt that really had any bearing (or hope) on anything,... but no matter what you talk about,...
Be it "snowmobiles",.."football",.."hockey",..."music",...ect.,....You will have people fight to the death over their
passion for what ever they are behind.
So,...When he announced the Winner Of The Voice 2015 IS,......
I guess it was kinda a "relief",.... but was "still hoping to hear her name called" :eek:)

But let me tell ya,... when he started singing and his parents came up there on stage,...
and the look on his Dad's face,... I almost cried myself. Those moments were the picture
perfect Webster dictionary definition of PROUD. OMG,...PRICELESS. How that kid did NOT lose it,...
Whew! That was worth the price of admission right there folks!

All 4 will be driving around in a pretty nice new car now by the looks of it!!!
THAT right there is pretty darn nice.

I talked with my co-writing friend who is out there with Meg,..who also co-wrote the song she sang on
the ORIGINAL night the night before,... and the one that is #8 on i-tunes with ALL the artists out there
right now,... and having stuff like that out there isn't going to hurt one bit. So I think they will all be
Allright! Be nice to sit in on some of the Co-writes NOW!!! LOL!
That stuff will come in time,..if it's meant to be. I'm not a "ghermer" and it's not my place.
I keep my relationships as they should be. That KEEPS friendships! Ya never know when they are
going to need "Mr. Melody" LOL!

Thanks for coming on board with this,... It was fun!
and thanks for all the kind words with MY stuff as well.

I will keep ya's posted because YOU are like family. You know that!
I have a kid graduating this weekend,... a deck to rebuild,....grass to cut,....
a crappy job to work midnights at,.... and TONS of songs to write,.....
I finally found a couple of unselfish musicians who believe in MY music that want
to stand behind me and present it like it should be heard,.... so things in that matter
are good!!! As long as there are artists fighting over the rights to record my music,...
Now THAT is a GOOD thing!!!!!
I'm too old to go on these shows,... but regionally,.. I'll give the kids a run,..LOL!
Gotta have "cheat sheets" these day's though,... Mind is slipping!

Going to have to have one of you bright engineers build me a magnifying glass teleprompter
that takes word document that is in the shape of a monitor LOL! so it doesn't "Look",...like
I'm looking at my OWN words!!!!!! (too funny!)
NOT!

Have a Great summer!

Off to fight the mosquito's
(then write another song!)

~Randy
BIGVIN

eagle1

Anybody watching the show this season and following the twins from Green bay(Andi & Alex)?
I watched blind auditions but haven't seen it since,so watched them on you tube. Man they are phenomenal!!

bigvin

Eagle1,...
Yes they are AWESOME!
Saw them on the local TV station,...on one of my days off,...then "googled" them and checked them
out like You did. My schedule hasn't been kind on the "viewing" for some reason this year,... I've got
to start DVRing it,.... They are from Pulaski I think,.. Just South Of Me and North of Green Bay,...
I (think that's what they said??? could be wrong of course,...) but they said they were returning in November
for more LIVE shows,... So I would imagine they made it THAT far anyway!!!!!
They did a GREAT job on the LOCAL TV show also!!!!
Very good!!!!!