Gas Prices

ezra

1.58 for the truck and 3.75 at the bar out of the old above ground barrel for sled yesterday. still cheaper than truck gas few yrs back

1.51 for 87 octane in Watersmeet and 3.03 for Premium at ....... Ill let you guys guess where..Would sooner walk than fill up there.

Last edited:

upbarleyboy

Nice on the wallet now, but don't look at your 401K. It's a give and take relationship. They "give" (I use that word loosely) us low gas prices, and our retirement funds take a blow. The gov't can manipulate any way they want. More in your pocket now will result in less later in life.

Northstar

Remember in the olden days when you could almost bank on the price of Mid-Grade was a nickel more than Regular and Premium ran about a dime more. Now Premium is running almost a dollar more than the Regular, seems like the pricing of the other grades have not dropped in line with the drop in Regular. But then maybe I am just as foggy on fuel pricing as I am on the big snowy winters of my youth.

zltim

Could be the turnover is not as great and the higher priced gas is still in their tanks. Plus, they know people will pay whatever for the good stuff. Supply and demand.

bonnevier

Needless to say the low gas prices are great this year. Our "kitty" had excess funds after the sledding trip so we all got a little extra change to head home with. Not a bad thing!

With gas prices going hand in hand with the stock market for the most part I don't mind paying $3.00+/gal because it means my mutual funds are making 10%. Kills me to know I'm paying $1.65 for gas but my portfolio is down 10% the past two months. We're losing wayyyyyy more money that way than what we're saving here and there on gas. Luckily, I realize it will bounce back (as will gas prices) and I don't dabble in and out of the market. Slow and steady...