Gas

whitedust

Everyone is going to love this! Latest trends in the automobile industry is to build full featured vehicles ( old term loaded) then charge a subscription price per month to turn those features on like heated/cooled seats, safety features like lane control, driver assist and so on. I can see the value and cost savings to produce a full featured 1 model vehicle but I’m not paying a subscription to turn features on. I buy loaded vehicles and willing to pay to have those features but not via subscription. Hopefully consumers will reject these accessory subscriptions and auto OEMs will drop this nonsense.

indy_500

Everyone is going to love this! Latest trends in the automobile industry is to build full featured vehicles ( old term loaded) then charge a subscription price per month to turn those features on like heated/cooled seats, safety features like lane control, driver assist and so on. I can see the value and cost savings to produce a full featured 1 model vehicle but I’m not paying a subscription to turn features on. I buy loaded vehicles and willing to pay to have those features but not via subscription. Hopefully consumers will reject these accessory subscriptions and auto OEMs will drop this nonsense.
What OEMs are doing this? Not trying to be sarcastic, serious question.

whitedust

Bunch started with Tesla and BMW new trend also with EVs longer range battery available via subscription. We are at a crossroads customers say piss off or becomes a standard policy. I say piss off!

eagle1

I think this will fail pretty quickly....or people will find a hack. I know I have no plans to pay for navigation once my 3 free years are up on my truck.

whitedust

I think this will fail pretty quickly....or people will find a hack. I know I have no plans to pay for navigation once my 3 free years are up on my truck.
I believe the OEMs will try subscriptions it’s up to us to say no. The most fortunate of us won’t care as money isn’t an issue with them. I look at it like GM and Onstar I never paid a penny for it out side the freebie period. I did like statilite phone in 2004 over cell phones in Vilas county but cell phone was the way to go eventually. I dislike subscriptions imo they bleed you dry if you let them.

matti

I remember reading about this a while back. I'm not a fan of the idea but I'm still curious to see how it shakes out.

mezz

I believe the OEMs will try subscriptions it’s up to us to say no. The most fortunate of us won’t care as money isn’t an issue with them. I look at it like GM and Onstar I never paid a penny for it out side the freebie period. I did like statilite phone in 2004 over cell phones in Vilas county but cell phone was the way to go eventually. I dislike subscriptions imo they bleed you dry if you let them.

Just like Sirius XM, also a giant rip-off!

eagle1

Locally gas was down to $4.19.....heading in right direction anyways.
Be filling truck and boat today and heading to north woods for da week!!👍

old abe

We should be building more nuclear power plants. That is far and away the best option of energy out there. But it is a hard sell for the general public. The three famous nukes that have failed all failed for the same reason. 3 Mile Island , Chernobyl and Fukushima all failed because of cooling issues. The first two because of human error and Fukushima because of an earthquake. By and large nukes are safe. As long as you don't build them on fault lines or hire idiots to run them. But the American general public is scared of them because they remember the headlines and not the why. Nobody pushing nukes would ever win an election. Which is a shame.
And we still haven't a solution for Long Term Spent Fuel Storage. And that's the BIG Problem!

pclark

Everyone is noticing that gas prices are dropping. You can only thank yourselves for this as it is a direct result of consumers finding a way to purchase as little gas as possible which is incredible seeing as it is the summer driving season.

mrbb

$6.39 for diesel here
so prices ain;t dropped all that much here to be honest!
better than $6.59 or higher as it was, but far from being considered a closer to normal deal by far, last summer was like $ 2.39 for diesel here!
and roads here are as busy or busier then ever, don;t see any slowing down on traffic when I am out and about, even if I wish they were , a couple dozen 100+ mile one way runs all last week, all different hours of day and night, and still BUSY HI ways here , busier than normal to be honest!

pclark

They have dropped about .50 cents a gallon by me but BFD! It's still shameful that we have to pay these prices but Joe says he is doing everything that can to lower prices.

Wait until winter, people gonna get hit hard........

whitedust

They have dropped about .50 cents a gallon by me but BFD! It's still shameful that we have to pay these prices but Joe says he is doing everything that can to lower prices.

Wait until winter, people gonna get hit hard........
Biden is doing all he can about oil pricing except the one thing he controls which is increasing oil via a friendly domestic oil production policy. Lol what an idiot and complete jerk.

hybrid

4.19 at the shell by triggs in minocqua today
premium was 5.19
thats what i needed for the turbo but could not get 2 of the pumps to work
they would not pump fuel must have ran out
so went down the road west to Krist
there premium was 6.39 wtf
got the hell out of there as fast as i could
ended up paying 5.39 for premium at county line west of minocqua on the res
lately the shell by triggs is always the cheapest in the minocqua area

pclark

4.19 at the shell by triggs in minocqua today
premium was 5.19
thats what i needed for the turbo but could not get 2 of the pumps to work
they would not pump fuel must have ran out
so went down the road west to Krist
there premium was 6.39 wtf
got the hell out of there as fast as i could
ended up paying 5.39 for premium at county line west of minocqua on the res
lately the shell by triggs is always the cheapest in the minocqua area
Premium was $5.04 at Kwik Trip on Hwy 70 just north of Minocqua in Arbor Vitae yesterday.

Pumps are in the back behind the store.