Gas

latner

Biden is doing all he can about oil pricing except the one thing he controls which is increasing oil via a friendly domestic oil production policy. Lol what an idiot and complete jerk.
Yeah, it's funny how the idiot wants credit for falling gas prices but blames everyone else when they go up!

G

G

It will be under $3.00 on election day and they will keep the Senate. Gridlock for another two years.

old abe

I just listened to Jordan Fife, a Industry Analyst. We have absolutely no shortage of Crude being available to be REFINED here in the USA, period! Anyone who thinks otherwise is just Wishful Thinking. Good luck with that working out to any benefit! Our Domestic gasoline, diesel, fuel PRICE PROBLEM is Refinery Capacity! It is now at 97% plus maxed out. No quick fix for this, as this has not increased in over 40 years! Yeah, well, here's the JUICY part, right now, the Oil Producer's cost of a barrel, is half $$$ of what they sell it for! And has been that way for some time! Not a bad "Net Profit" ratio number, eh! Any business would love to have that ability. Sadly, so it is, and blame who ever.

G

G

And why exactly would any oil company invest billions for more refining capacity when the government spins in totally opposite directions every four or eight years? I have a hard time finding fault with the oil producers. They have been jacked around by politics for decades. It is the same with the electric companies. Both big oil and electric know and understand the needs of the nation. But the government gets involved and everything goes in the dumper. And the government is self serving and cares very little about the results it produces. The purpose of government is to be re-elected. Forever if possible.

matti

And why exactly would any oil company invest billions for more refining capacity when the government spins in totally opposite directions every four or eight years? I have a hard time finding fault with the oil producers. They have been jacked around by politics for decades. It is the same with the electric companies. Both big oil and electric know and understand the needs of the nation. But the government gets involved and everything goes in the dumper. And the government is self serving and cares very little about the results it produces. The purpose of government is to be re-elected. Forever if possible.
Your last two sentences are spot on, IMO.

pclark

Gas is $3.99 for regular in Madison, $4.54 for Premium.

Back in Minocqua today $4.14 for regular, $4.99 for Premium. Grub is correct, they are screwing with us because they know they are going to lose the Midterms so they are lowering prices to get votes back.

goofy600

Gas is $3.99 for regular in Madison, $4.54 for Premium.

Back in Minocqua today $4.14 for regular, $4.99 for Premium. Grub is correct, they are screwing with us because they know they are going to lose the Midterms so they are lowering prices to get votes back.
Funny thing is liberal Dane county has been cheaper than most of the state sense gas has been going up, kind of interesting. And I also have a very hard time believing what old Abe said that we are at max in refining, I have a hard time believing we are using more fuel that before the pandemic.

old abe

Funny thing is liberal Dane county has been cheaper than most of the state sense gas has been going up, kind of interesting. And I also have a very hard time believing what old Abe said that we are at max in refining, I have a hard time believing we are using more fuel that before the pandemic.
Perhaps then you checkout the REAL Facts? It's not hard to do, however, you perhaps won't like what you find, eh? I don't deal in "Wishful Thinking, or Fantasy Land. Both of those lead to Failed, Bad business decisions. So many people today live in denial of the TRUTH! And keep this in mind, we, USA, are Exporting Record amounts of Crude, and Refined Fuel/Products. Sadly, so it is, just business.

Last edited:

xcr440

I just listened to Jordan Fife, a Industry Analyst. We have absolutely no shortage of Crude being available to be REFINED here in the USA, period! Anyone who thinks otherwise is just Wishful Thinking. Good luck with that working out to any benefit! Our Domestic gasoline, diesel, fuel PRICE PROBLEM is Refinery Capacity! It is now at 97% plus maxed out. No quick fix for this, as this has not increased in over 40 years! Yeah, well, here's the JUICY part, right now, the Oil Producer's cost of a barrel, is half $$$ of what they sell it for! And has been that way for some time! Not a bad "Net Profit" ratio number, eh! Any business would love to have that ability. Sadly, so it is, and blame who ever.
I may have pointed this out before, but the Pine Bend Refinery, which is about 15 miles from me, has increased its capacity more than 10 fold in the last 40 years.

old abe

I may have pointed this out before, but the Pine Bend Refinery, which is about 15 miles from me, has increased its capacity more than 10 fold in the last 40 years.
Yes, and other Refineries have also. But over all, total capacity has not. Many older Refineries have shut down due to not being cost efficient to be able to continue to operate, for multiple reasons. And also being too costly, and expensive convert, up grade, to able to be cost efficient. So many are very old, and that is a problem, no way around that being fact.

SledTL

I dont know if its one of those looking for something so it shows up everywhere, but I've noticed alot more EVs rolling around town these days.

IMHO49953

Meanwhile, since gasoline fuel tax mostly goes to road maintenance / construction
- are EV's contributing to that tax base
- or do they just wear and tear up roads without supporting them thru fuel taxes?
How they heck are EV's going to pay a fair share towards road maintenance?

As it is, if I (gas) fuel up in Wisconsin at the border and immediately drive all over Michigan on one tank - and then cross back into Wisconsin to fuel up - how have I contributed to funding Michigan road maintenance since I paid fuel tax in Wisconsin?

This gets really complicated quickly with just a little bit of thoughtful reflection for a solution - without "big brother" tracking EV's (miles driven and locations to calculate a fair share tax..

Or am I way off base on this?

mrbb

well PA has one of the highest fuel taxes in the USA, and I can tell you for a fact, we also have some of the worst roads too boot!
so as for road taxes going to fix and upkeep roads
it doesn;t seem to be working very well
another WOW deal, is in PA< we have PAY for use roadways, PA turnpike, it was found last yr to have NOT collected like 80 million dollar is due's owed by drivers that never paid
after it was found a YR a go, and yeah took them a yr to notice they had 80+ million non paid due's
so, what about this yr< well there over a 120 million now in due's not paid!
funny how a road that supposed to exist off toll's, can go 2 yrs without collecting 120+ million!
and according to local news on this, they don;t have any real way of collecting the funds owed to them and the bill keeps rising,a s they have NO fix or solution on how to STOP the folks from NOT paying
when they suggested going back to having people work at toll booths they say, that would never work, , yet it did for almost 50 yrs?
HUMM got to love the logic in the world today !