Hancock MI and north

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Picked up around 6" area wide and still some LES falling, probably an inch or two to fall today.

I would say that most towns and businesses could be gotten to again now, as the snow up until around a few hours ago was wet and heavy and now temps have dropped into the teens, freezing things up.

You can check the updated "Front of House Shot" from the AL Cam page. My driveway was bare gravel before the recent snows came. Both Trail Cams look pretty sweet too.

Temps will remain below freezing through Saturday morning, but caution...temps will rise above freezing with sunshine Saturday afternoon, so do not get stranded if you start out in a vulnerable spot Saturday morning!

-John

attack_06

Just a nuff to get thru Hancock at ramada now 6in settle some buts cold now and froze trail is covered lots more in twin lakes at least 10 in goin to bug bar later and see how it is

Skidoome2

Any updates Calumet and North would be appreciated. May shoot up from IA for a Sun-Tuesday ride but conditions look to be warming up. Would like to know if it would be worth it to go up for this long of a haul. I am used to ditch banging so some thin spots dont bother me. Miles of 2 -3 ft bumps are no fun and/or mud skipping... Would be good to know if groomers will keep going too even if it warms up given season is winding down. Thanks in advance...

Just got back from 2 days up north of calumet. We rode everywhere up here and conditions were amazing. As we were leaving our hotel to go to copper harbor we met the groomer. Thank you groomer drivers for giving us a great last ride. I would think you could ride up here all week unless the temps get really warm.

garyl62

Or the trails close Wednesday :)

The all purpose trails like the Bill Nichol's Trail (trail 3) do not close on March 31. There are plenty of trails to legally ride a sled on after March 31, the groomers will stop running and easements will end on private property so those trails will close, but there is still plenty of places to ride.

Skidoome2

Just got back from 2 days up north of calumet. We rode everywhere up here and conditions were amazing. As we were leaving our hotel to go to copper harbor we met the groomer. Thank you groomer drivers for giving us a great last ride. I would think you could ride up here all week unless the temps get really warm.

Hey thx for the info. Arrived @ 530 at Lakeside Lodge in Calumet and put on @ 70 miles. Good to excellent conditions with the fresh 2-3 inches on the ground. Only sleds on the trails all night. Glad we made the 9 hr drive!

larboc

Rideable snow thursday, but all trails went from "bad" to "illinois" this 70 degree weekend, 50 degree and rain now. Everything is done up here.