hand signals

knewt66

got a quick question........i am leading a group of 5 riders.....do i hold up 4 fingers or 5 to on coming riders....thanks in advance

wags

If there are 5 behind you then put up 5 fingers. The amount you put up does not include you only the riders behind you. I'm really not sure about more then 5, maybe flash the 5 then 1, 2 etc.. for the other numbers above 5 and keep doing that untill the group passing is past you.

upsledder

Dang, we almost made it through the whole season.

This is a snowmobile forum. There are only so many issues pertaining to snowmobiling. New people are joining all the time. Of course things are going to be repeated over and over again. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OFF THIS FORUM!!!
(hmmmm, where have I heard that kind of advice before?)

no1_pro

3 is tough

With my gloves on holding up 3 fingers does not work very good.

So I go with 4. I figure its better than no signal at all.

Hey this reminds me when my wife was a raw beginner about 8 years ago she went like half a season behind me waveing at all the oncoming riders.

Was kinda funny

I had her take snowmobile safety at about 38 years old and thought we were covered.

I thought wrong. She has it down now.

Pro

famousguy

With my gloves on holding up 3 fingers does not work very good.

So I go with 4. I figure its better than no signal at all.

Hey this reminds me when my wife was a raw beginner about 8 years ago she went like half a season behind me waveing at all the oncoming riders.

Was kinda funny

I had her take snowmobile safety at about 38 years old and thought we were covered.

I thought wrong. She has it down now.

Pro

Ahhh NoPro, I hate to tell you, but I have ridden about 1200 miles behind her this season, and she still needs some help with the counting....

snobuilder

me and my mittens are squwewd....I ussually end up leadin , so give the thumb back sleds followin, and then our sweeper lets 'em know who he is....
This never happens to us , but what do you scenery riders do when there are several other groups clogged up behind you, do you do a quick estimate of there total 'er what?

whitedust

Mod shut down:)

This is a snowmobile forum. There are only so many issues pertaining to snowmobiling. New people are joining all the time. Of course things are going to be repeated over and over again. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OFF THIS FORUM!!!
(hmmmm, where have I heard that kind of advice before?)

Now I have seen it all Skylar being scolded.lol Next in line JD.:)

Make this a Sticky if it is possible with new format & be done with it.

famousguy

Dang, we almost made it through the whole season.

Why do you have to do that?

The guy asks a question and instead of adding something valuable, you have to make a smart comment because you see this thread every year. He only has 22 posts, so maybe he is a newer rider just wanted an answer.

Is this board only for people who have been here for years??

Keep in mind, all of the users here (even the new ones) are what keeps this board going. Please don't chase them away.

light200

Why do you have to do that?

The guy asks a question and instead of adding something valuable, you have to make a smart comment because you see this thread every year. He only has 22 posts, so maybe he is a newer rider just wanted an answer.

Is this board only for people who have been here for years??

Keep in mind, all of the users here (even the new ones) are what keeps this board going. Please don't chase them away.

wrong answer famousguy. the correct answer would have been to follow the instructions posted in the link above which accounts for people who wear mittens, no actual fingers are needed:)