Hay Days

elf

So, the annual call goes out. Who all will be attending Hay Days this yr? We'll be there for about my 30th straight yr with the exception of the Covid year. As usual we'll be camping over in the Chicken Coop Campground across the Hwy from the site. This year will be fun for us as my daughter is coming home from NYC for Labor day weekend and wanted to stay the following week to go to Hay Days again. She hasn't been there since she started college back in 2019 but she went with us every year since she was about 7. I think she just secretly want to go back to her work friends back in Manhattan and show them what a closet Redneck she is! She also wants cheese curds as she says there are no good ones in NYC. So that'll be fun for us and it'll be great to have her with us.
Don't have anything I really need this year but its good to get together with friends, wander around aimlessly for two days, and spend to much money on food and beer. It'll be funny to see if my daughter, who has a very good paying job as a data scientist/consultant, pays for her food and drinks or just expects dad to pay as usual :)
If you see a grey F350 and 5th wheel in the woods at the campground stop and have a beer with us. We are usually in a group of 4 campers set up in a square.

whitedust

Like you I don’t need anything this year so I’m not sure what activities I’ll be attending other than club meetings.

600_RMK_144

Wouldn't miss it. I know what you mean about them missing it due to college. My son will be a freshmen at Iowa. The Iowa vs. Iowa State rivalry game is in Iowa City that Saturday. He originally said he'd rather got to H. Days, but just last week said he's decided to stay on-campus for the game. I kind of expected it, but still sad he won't be coming along. We sleep in the truck Friday night to get rock star parking Saturday morning. Oh, well... As long as he's still willing to ride with his old man once the season gets going I will take it.

As far as what I "need" > the answer is nothing. Gear wise, we've got backups for our backups at this point. LOL! Wife may shoot me if I bring another jacket home this year. Sooooo.... I will likely stop by Ken's Powersports booth for a kick a$$ deal on a new jacket.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

elf

I have a friend who probably has 5 Klim jackets who said he's going to look for another this year. :) I bought some FXR boots a couple yrs ago that I'm not happy with. They keep my feet plenty warm but the left one leaks badly so that foot is always wet. Maybe I'll look for a new set.
My son is bummed he can't come but he's in Montana at school so he's out of luck there.

jr37

Had planned on going Saturday with my son. But, now he is leaving for Army Basic Training on Aug. 25. So, I'm probably not going on my own.

600_RMK_144

I have a friend who probably has 5 Klim jackets who said he's going to look for another this year. :) I bought some FXR boots a couple yrs ago that I'm not happy with. They keep my feet plenty warm but the left one leaks badly so that foot is always wet. Maybe I'll look for a new set.
My son is bummed he can't come but he's in Montana at school so he's out of luck there.
Never been able to find the booths blowing out Klim gear... Look every year, but never seem to find any. Snowbigdeal has stuff on sale, but not what I'm willing to pay. I'm looking for past season blow out deals!!!

elf

Never been able to find the booths blowing out Klim gear... Look every year, but never seem to find any. Snowbigdeal has stuff on sale, but not what I'm willing to pay. I'm looking for past season blow out deals!!!
Century Power used to have great deals on last years KLIM gear. Bought a Valdez Jacket and pants one year for $160 each. Next year they had the same deal so I bought another set so I had gear at home and the cabin. Jackets are still in great shape, pants are getting chewed up around the bottoms so I may look for another set. But the last few years they haven't had the good deals anymore. My friend that has the 5 jackets always talks about the deals on Snowbigdeal also.
I need to look for another set a a-arms for my son and he also needs a set of gripper ski's. I should probably also look for a track for him. He's tough on his sled.

hermie

Will be interesting to see what kind of deals there are this year. Most dealers I went to at the end of last year there clothing racks were full. Should be a ton of leftover gear plus now the new gear is coming out. Also be interesting to see how much new gear the dealers take being they most likely have 80%of there gear from last year still.

whitedust

FXR 2025 snow line is out. Ain’t cheap but didn’t expect it to be but Klimusually more $.

Last edited:

skiroule

I saw this on the internet so it must be true. It was a post saying that Polaris is going to unveil three retro inspired sled looks at Hay Days. It could be fake but the photo I saw was a black Switchback Assault with XLT graphics. If it’s true, it looked pretty sharp. You guys will have to check it out for me.

whitedust

I saw this on the internet so it must be true. It was a post saying that Polaris is going to unveil three retro inspired sled looks at Hay Days. It could be fake but the photo I saw was a black Switchback Assault with XLT graphics. If it’s true, it looked pretty sharp. You guys will have to check it out for me.
Heard the same supposed to be a looker.

elf

I saw pictures of that 9R assault on Facebook with those graphics. Beautiful sled.

indy_500

It’s true, and they already released the photos of it. It looks awesome.

indy_500

Will be interesting to see what kind of deals there are this year. Most dealers I went to at the end of last year there clothing racks were full. Should be a ton of leftover gear plus now the new gear is coming out. Also be interesting to see how much new gear the dealers take being they most likely have 80%of there gear from last year still.
Agreed. Unfortunately I can’t go as I coach football on Saturdays… but the fire sale is already happening at dealers. Picking up leftover 24 blizzard 850 137” on Friday for $12,400 plus tax (16,300 msrp). Sold my 23 Renegade Adrenaline 850 in under 16 hrs last week. Priced it at 9950 (can buy a new leftover 24 850 137” adrenaline for $11,100), probably could’ve gotten a touch more since it included the 1+1 seat, but I figured time window before the cheap leftovers were gone was slim.

Last edited:

wisco-mb

No hay days for me this year.
I'm camping at Wide Open Wisconsin this year. Probably helping with the AWSC booth again this year.
Sites are $37 a night. What are Hay days a night? Still $50ish?

I see Polaris is a sponsor this year. Shows the event is growing, gaining some of the old Milwaukee crowd.
That retro looks pretty sharp. Would have been nice if a heads up was given during snowcheck. Oh well, provides some excitement!