Healing power of Dogs

durphee

Knowing that a lot of fellow john-deer's are big dog lovers I though I would share this article. A team of golden retrievers made an 800-mile journey from the Chicago area to Newtown, Conn to help with therapy needs of children and adults alike. I could barely hold back tears after a father explained that his son finally smiled for the first time after petting one of these therapy dogs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-comfort-dogs-connecticut-20121217,0,7198761.story

D

Deleted member 10829

I just saw that on Fox News this morning. They have taken them to victims of Sandy and the tornadoes last year. I know when I'm feeling down, nothing beats a good snuggle with one of my dogs!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! So much good they can do and to think so many are treated so poorly.

-John

ezra

I would bring Izzy to the local nursing home a friend works at from time to time.the old timers loved to have her around to shower with affection.she was not a trained working dog but knew what to do and how to act and wanted nothing more than lay close to some one and be petted.
not a chance my other wild animals could go near the old timers

otter

We have a border collie my wife trained to become a therapy dog and a grade school read dog, boy what a feeling when both the children and the adults respond with positive interaction, it made the training all worth it.

LoveMyDobe

Dogs Rock

They don't judge us either, they are there thru thick and thin. This is a great story, thanks 4 sharing