Heated shields ?

blk47

looking in to getting a heated shield for my helmet,just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them thanks curt

snowstorm

I have had a heated shield for the last 5 years and wouldnt ride without one now. You will never fog up or get frost build up no matter how cold it is...used one in Canada with -30 degree weather and had no problems. The only downfall is that you are always attached to that wire that hooks to the helmet. An alternative would be a Modular helmet or BV2S helmet. I know a few people with them and they seem to have to problems.

L

lenny

you get used to it real fast, I ride mainly off trail and I'm on and off my sled a lot. I think heated shields are a good way to go. Been running them for over 5 years now

Love my heated shield. I ride with my glasses since I can't handle contacts. Since I got my shield 3 years ago, I was able to remove the breathshield from the helmet (I have a modular) AND wear my glasses. It is an awesome set up. Very comfortable, I don't have any nasty breath deflector booger buildup, and my glasses nor the shield ever fog or freeze up.

Go for it, getting used to the dangling cord is no big deal. BUT, it would be nice for someone to figure out how to make one with a re-charchable battery in the shield.

Hey, now there is an idea..............

signlightseal

I got mine 2 seasons ago and I echo everything said above. If you're like me you'll wonder why you didn't do it a long time ago.

fishinphil

Freezing rain, extreem cold, they work great. I wouldn't own a helmet without one. It's nice to be able to crusie along when everyone else is scratching and scraping their face shields and/or goggles. The wire is easy to get use to.

ezra

I have 4 helmets 3 have heated shield 1 has goggles.only down side is replacement cost is high

indiana

can you get replacement heated shields for helmets that do not have one or does it have to be a special helmet to take a heated shield? Thanks!

harvest1121

Yes most helmets have the option of buying a heated shield. Look at Dennis Kirk or Shadetree they usually have them.

mikeh906

We had at least 6 or more heated shields for family and friends, made riding so much more enjoyable. A few of the boys switched to goggles and have no issues with them, but heated is the way to go.

snowmomof2

Got my heated shield last year (Dennis Kirk), I LOVE IT! Would not ride without one now. No more scraping the shield when the freezing rain hits, no more fogging up.

phil4snow

Heated shields are great. Only problem is that you are attached to the sled. The daytime hours on nice days they arnt really needed, i just keep the cord in my pocket for the cold nights. They are well worth the money. I wonder why people dont have them when I see a group scraping ice off their shields on a cold night. Off Trail or snowing your best without them because when snow hits your shield its now water which is a pain to look through.

racerx

Bought two for the wife & I to use last season and my 1st ride out (at night) all I saw was halos good thing I was just going a few miles from my barn to a friends house as I thought I had beer goggles on. Turned out the seal was broken. By the time I got a replacement I never put it back on. Since I have a modular with no issues w/fogging it is for those icing days and look forward to the benefits of having it.

The wife totally loves hers. She has to always ride with the shield cracked open (does not stuff closed on her face, she won't even come close to my modular helmet) so she would always gets some fogging/icing, no more. Now she uses it more than I thought she would.

gostman07

My wife uses the heated shield and loves it. I have the modular and have never had a problem. Either way, you can't go wrong.