How many folks are taking the money they are not spending and saving for a side by side??

durphee

I already have a side by side and enjoy the heck out of it for three seasons. To me, it doesn't replace snowmobiling but fills in the time.

chunk06

I have had 2 of them now and sold them do to lack of interest. Not very fun IMO, not many challenging trails or riding spots in the midwest. There are fun areas but most of them are illegal and not talked about much. DNR eventually puts down gravel if things get to be too much fun. The nicer spots get far too crowded and dangerous, some of these machines are huge and have the ability to go very fast. And did mention the dust? If I lived closer to WV, TN or out west I would still have one. I see no desire in driving them on roads and routes. I just wish the midwest had more single track dirt bike riding.

moen_lake

Bought a new Polaris Ranger in December. Mainly to use on the property in Rhinelander. Not going to replace the thrill of snowmobiling but won't be upgrading the sleds anytime soon if we have more winters like the current one!

jr37

I don't believe trails will open, even if we get snow, in Central WI. I think the sleds are getting tucked away and I'm taking the plow off the UTV and going for a ride some day real soon.

heckler56

I have a older Ranger 900. It is primarily utility for the yard. The downside(s) to a SxS in my opinion are: 1) it’s big. You can only go on ORV (Jeep) designated sized trails and forest roads here in Michigan. I thought I would take it to the UP to summer explore the snowmobile trails, but, turns out very few are authorized for 65” wide. The snowmobile trails can take the smaller quads. 2) crazies. While driving through the UP I see these SxS that are flying on the trails. Way too much power and speed imo. Typically a couple fatalities every year of two yahoos meeting on a hill top.

Save your money.

ICT Sledder

Thinking about it, but pretty modest. Roughly $10K-$15K so something used or a new CF Moto of some sort. Will be a utility SXS because I mainly want it to use with a plow and help with fall sled trail work. Want a roof, glass front and rear, full hard doors and a heater.

The prices on the fancy pants SXS's have really jumped the shark. Can only sit back and laugh and resist the urge to tell folks they could buy a brand new low spec Jeep or Bronco for similar money.

timo

I have had 2 of them now and sold them do to lack of interest. Not very fun IMO, not many challenging trails or riding spots in the midwest. There are fun areas but most of them are illegal and not talked about much. DNR eventually puts down gravel if things get to be too much fun. The nicer spots get far too crowded and dangerous, some of these machines are huge and have the ability to go very fast. And did mention the dust? If I lived closer to WV, TN or out west I would still have one. I see no desire in driving them on roads and routes. I just wish the midwest had more single track dirt bike riding.
I agree with everything you say..,, seems like they'd be the same as driving my truck thru the woods. I don't know anyone that own's one so wouldn't be much fun riding by myself.

Hoosier

No interest. Had a 90's jeep for a long time that wasn't all that much different especially with the windshield down than the modern sxs' I've driven (although the jeep was a heck of a lot cheaper) and eventually got bored with it. If it doesn't snow this year, I'll ride next year. Or we'll trailer somewhere further still this winter. It's not hard to find places for your money to go these days anyway.

I had 3 great seasons leading up to this. If the snow was gone for good I'd probably try an adventure bike.

pclark

I ended up with this deal last summer:

2010 Sylvan 20ft
Like new shore station
Trailer
Full cover
Free storage

$17,000

It was my neighbors and they were getting old and offered it to me. I couldn’t pass it up, had to detail it but it’s a beauty. 50 hp 4s mercury on back. I gave it to my wife, I love it, but I love my G3 18ft fishing boat with the 150 Yamaha on it.

1706918429795.jpeg

old abe

I have a older Ranger 900. It is primarily utility for the yard. The downside(s) to a SxS in my opinion are: 1) it’s big. You can only go on ORV (Jeep) designated sized trails and forest roads here in Michigan. I thought I would take it to the UP to summer explore the snowmobile trails, but, turns out very few are authorized for 65” wide. The snowmobile trails can take the smaller quads. 2) crazies. While driving through the UP I see these SxS that are flying on the trails. Way too much power and speed imo. Typically a couple fatalities every year of two yahoos meeting on a hill top.

Save your money.
Yep, that's why we stick with Midsize Poo Rangers. Even on the farms it can go places the Full size XP can't even think of. Plus it's so much easier to transport, haul.

bobt

Thinking about it, but pretty modest. Roughly $10K-$15K so something used or a new CF Moto of some sort. Will be a utility SXS because I mainly want it to use with a plow and help with fall sled trail work. Want a roof, glass front and rear, full hard doors and a heater.

The prices on the fancy pants SXS's have really jumped the shark. Can only sit back and laugh and resist the urge to tell folks they could buy a brand new low spec Jeep or Bronco for similar money.
Read reviews on the CF Moto, not good.

LoveMyDobe

Putting my money towards my retirement. Already have a 2019 Polaris General, its the 3rd UTV owned since 2014. Don't trailer since can leave out the driveway in Bayfield Co WI (UTV or Sleds)

heckler56

Yep, that's why we stick with Midsize Poo Rangers. Even on the farms it can go places the Full size XP can't even think of. Plus it's so much easier to transport, haul.
I wanted the 590 but in 2015 the entire midwest had 2-3 units that dealers would not let go. My dealer had the 900 on display and gave it to me for less than a 590.