How many miles did you get this year?

xpr800

With a mid January late start & looks to near the end in early March, it would be interesting to see what kind of miles you others put on during the 7 week season this year?

Sled: 2014 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200
Miles this year: 3079
Total miles on current sled: 11838

Grant Hoar

Sled: 2015 Yamaha Viper STX DX
Miles this year: 850 -two trips to N Wisc/Up and one trip to NE Iowa between Jan 14th and Feb 23rd
Total miles on current sled: (937 - was a dealer demo)

mrbb

about a 100, only had snow for a day and half, and legal trails never opened even once this yr, so lucky to get what I did LOL

sweeperguy

Not as many as I should have. Just over 1100. All things considered (season ended for me Feb 11 broken leg) not a complete fail. Know a guy that dropped 11k on a new sled and he did less than 300, I'd consider that a FAIL.

whitedust

Not as many as I should have. Just over 1100. All things considered (season ended for me Feb 11 broken leg) not a complete fail. Know a guy that dropped 11k on a new sled and he did less than 300, I'd consider that a FAIL.

BROKE YOUR LEG!!??? Sure hope you are ok & didn't do that riding?

whitedust

Yea it happened riding, healing pretty quick. It is that small lower leg bone the fibula. Doc said if your going to break a bone that's the one to break.

YIKES sorry to hear that! Did you have an unforeseen off? It happens to the best of us.

old abe

850 miles. 1 day early at home, 1 trip U.P., not near enough. sweeperguy I hope you get along OK!!!!!! Just bad luck.

sweeperguy

YIKES sorry to hear that! Did you have an unforeseen off? It happens to the best of us.

An unforeseen off, Yea LOL initiated by a stump.  No chassis damage to sled, sheared off A Arms, bent tie rod, broke shock. The rest of the Parts should be here soon and sled will be okay. Plastics will all line up, only 1 crack and couple of scrapes will be visible remaining damage.

20160211_140900.jpg

whitedust

An unforeseen off, Yea LOL initiated by a stump.  No chassis damage to sled, sheared off A Arms, bent tie rod, broke shock. The rest of the Parts should be here soon and sled will be okay. Plastics will all line up, only 1 crack and couple of scrapes will be visible remaining damage.

View attachment 53658

Ouch! Your RMK can always be repaired good as new people not so lucky. Hitting stuff is what keeps me to known powder, lakes and land I know well. Even unplowed FR routes can have downed trees underneath so we run them slowly early season cut up & move whatever looks suspect. Are you coming back to trail riding once you fix RMK? I'm too old for pure off trail powder riding & never could get over what is under that snow!

ac600sp

Second week of February, was in Twin lakes for 5 days. We didn't ride over 100 miles from Tuesday till Saturday, all off trail and it was epic snow! Best riding I've ever done up there in the 17 yrs I've been going up that way. Only trio this year unfortunately, I hope to get back up there the end of this month if the snow holds up.

sweeperguy

Ouch! Your RMK can always be repaired good as new people not so lucky. Hitting stuff is what keeps me to known powder, lakes and land I know well. Even unplowed FR routes can have downed trees underneath so we run them slowly early season cut up & move whatever looks suspect.Are you coming back to trail riding once you fix RMK? I'm too old for pure off trail powder riding & never could get over what is under that snow!

I'll BE BACK. On and off trail. One of those things SH** happens. Was worrried about wife having issues with me riding again, but she's not freaking at all. I would ride next weekend or the 19th if snow holds but I'm afraid it'll be gone. Should have sled back together by then. Only like $400 in (used) parts.
May slow down slightly and a little more cautious in unknown terrain. I've been known to "drive it like you stole it". But 40+ years of riding and this is my only serious injury. Nothing more than a bruise or pulled muscle before this. So not going to let it put an end to the sport I love.

Last edited:

schmidtyxcr

89 on my 2010 MXZ 600 Carb, and almost 100 with my two kids on 2007 GTX limited. My bro got 10 on his spring order Renagade X. I am partial to riding trails with decent snow. Very little maintenance for me. Thanks to all the Groomer Drivers doing the best they could. Only 270 days till Dec. 1st