How many trips planned and where?

euphoric1

for those of us not lucky enough to live in the Northwoods or the Upper Peninsula, how many trips do you have planned and where? For me...this will be the second time I will be in the Upper Peninsula twice this year, 3rd week of January heading to Watersmeet with a group of good guys and passionate riders I met here on John Dee, and 3rd week in February in L'anse Michigan with my wife, looking very much forward to both.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gotta wait and see where the snow falls. Most of us would choose to ride locally for obvious reasons but that usually doesn't happen for those south of Hwy 8. Our club will be in Mercer sometime in February. I haven't been to Price County for a few years so that one's in the planning stage. But really, where there is snow....we will ride!

Here's some video from a couple of years ago. This may have been posted before. If so, my apologies.

legend02

3 trips scheduled

Xmas week in the Kewaunee
Mid January WI/MI
First weekend in February Kid’s WI/MI

Hopefully a few spur of moment trips

euphoric1

3 trips scheduled

Xmas week in the Kewaunee
Mid January WI/MI
First weekend in February Kid’s WI/MI

Hopefully a few spur of moment trips
here too planning on some day trips, time and weather depending. Have always wanted to ride out by Dodgeville/Spring Green area

dfattack

for those of us not lucky enough to live in the Northwoods or the Upper Peninsula, how many trips do you have planned and where? For me...this will be the second time I will be in the Upper Peninsula twice this year, 3rd week of January heading to Watersmeet with a group of good guys and passionate riders I met here on John Dee, and 3rd week in February in L'anse Michigan with my wife, looking very much forward to both.
Well third week in January with you, whitedust, venture north, my son and wasn’t someone else thinking about joining us?

Then second week in February me and my son are heading to west Yellowstone along with a bunch of non-JDers. First time out there for us.

mspease

Janurary 15th-19th to Lake Gogebic with a group of guys that have been going UP there since 1993. We used to be a group of 14 and down to 7 now. That is it so far.

Tuck

Lando,Boulder,
Munising, Calumet are the planed trips so far. Hope to have snow in Southern WI for some quick trips foe in between wkends

heitz66

Janurary 15th-19th to Lake Gogebic with a group of guys that have been going UP there since 1993. We used to be a group of 14 and down to 7 now. That is it so far.
We have a group of 5 guys going to Lake Gogebic same dates January 15th -19th also staying at AJ Lodge

SHOOT2KILL

No set plans on destinations...Just going to wingit during the week only where ever mother nature lays down a thick fresh blanket of snow...Going to use the SNARS groomer tracking system (Wi) and see just how accurate it is...

heckler56

Early-mid January. Two weeks later end January early Feb. Two weeks later than end of Feb. Then, whatever March can offer. We base out of 16 Mile Lake (by Buckhorn).

uncle_ed

No set plans on destinations...Just going to wingit during the week only where ever mother nature lays down a thick fresh blanket of snow...Going to use the SNARS groomer tracking system (Wi) and see just how accurate it is...
Really curious on your feedback after you get to use the groomer tracker system. I hope it is a functional and useful tool for you.

uncle_ed

I have never snowmobiled west of Gwinn and always wanted to ride the Keewenaw and west end of the yoop so I think this is the year. I just dont know if I will saddlebag it or stay centrally located at someplace like the Boondock Inn and ride a different direction each day.

mspease

I think you will find it helpful. It has about a 4 hour delay on it, so it is pretty up to date. Our club also uses GroomerTracker, which is updated every few minutes.

ezra

Pretty much stoped planning yrs ago . Go when a big storm is happening.and you need to be there just before it ends or it is not worth it otherwise can't even go 2 days after event any more