How many trips planned and where?

bayfly

Thanks Brian. I’ll admit that the decision to retire was not easy. There are always good reasons to keep working, right? But with 6 months in, I can say it was one of the better decisions that I have made. I hope to have another decade or more, (God willing) of good sledding years ahead. I want to take advantage of the opportunities, and help introduce others to the sport. So far, I have trips booked this year with 5 sledders who like to ride, but have never ridden the U.P. Sharing the incredible experience with others who have not had the opportunity before is one of my goals this year. While heading to the Yoop seems simple to most of us on this board, many folks don’t know where to ride, where to stay, etc. The unknowns can be a barrier to just getting started. I am trying to remove some of the barriers by planning the trips, making reservations, etc. I hope some of them love it half as much as I do, and they will be up for future rides. Building my base of riding companions, I guess.

euphoric1

Thanks Brian. I’ll admit that the decision to retire was not easy. There are always good reasons to keep working, right? But with 6 months in, I can say it was one of the better decisions that I have made. I hope to have another decade or more, (God willing) of good sledding years ahead. I want to take advantage of the opportunities, and help introduce others to the sport. So far, I have trips booked this year with 5 sledders who like to ride, but have never ridden the U.P. Sharing the incredible experience with others who have not had the opportunity before is one of my goals this year. While heading to the Yoop seems simple to most of us on this board, many folks don’t know where to ride, where to stay, etc. The unknowns can be a barrier to just getting started. I am trying to remove some of the barriers by planning the trips, making reservations, etc. I hope some of them love it half as much as I do, and they will be up for future rides. Building my base of riding companions, I guess.
I'm sure the people you are introducing to the U.P. will be in awe, early to mid 90's was first time for me, was stationed in Mercer had to head north to chase the snow, ended up in Mass City and the rest was history! I never tire of the scenery, the trails, the stops and the genuine people in the U.P. In fact, this will be the first year I have ever purchased a Wisconsin trail pass, Whitedust and I have become good friends, live pretty close to one another and besides our trip in January to the U.P. with dfattack and his son, venturenorth and hopefully hooking up with goofy600. He wants to show me the trails west of here and hopefully get some day trips in as well. I agree the unknowns can be a barrier but almost guaranteed once they have ridden there, they will definitely be going back!!

bitters

Those all sound like some great trips. Doing the seat of the pants thing for now but will hopefully get something planned soon. Just really looking forward to and hoping for a great riding season this year.

dfattack

Those all sound like some great trips. Doing the seat of the pants thing for now but will hopefully get something planned soon. Just really looking forward to and hoping for a great riding season this year.
really the only way to make something happen with numerous people involved and everyone's schedules is to schedule it (pending snow). Otherwise something always comes up.

old abe

I'm sure the people you are introducing to the U.P. will be in awe, early to mid 90's was first time for me, was stationed in Mercer had to head north to chase the snow, ended up in Mass City and the rest was history! I never tire of the scenery, the trails, the stops and the genuine people in the U.P. In fact, this will be the first year I have ever purchased a Wisconsin trail pass, Whitedust and I have become good friends, live pretty close to one another and besides our trip in January to the U.P. with dfattack and his son, venturenorth and hopefully hooking up with goofy600. He wants to show me the trails west of here and hopefully get some day trips in as well. I agree the unknowns can be a barrier but almost guaranteed once they have ridden there, they will definitely be going back!!
All sounds good!

Hopefully we will be getting this snow in northern IL. and lower Wisconsin, and be able to ride out from the house. To many years down here of marking and having Groomers ready and no snow. Will have some time going to U.P. Also time up around Eagle River. Our club has plans for Phillips area in Feb. We will see what happens. Safe trips for all who are planning!!

Hoosier

Looking at 4 days in late January and 4 or 5 days in late February, and hopefully President's Day weekend with the family.

indy_500

Hopefully we will be getting this snow in northern IL. and lower Wisconsin, and be able to ride out from the house. To many years down here of marking and having Groomers ready and no snow. Will have some time going to U.P. Also time up around Eagle River. Our club has plans for Phillips area in Feb. We will see what happens. Safe trips for all who are planning!!
Although I feel for the clubs down there, most of NWI is not rideable right now, and they need the snow up there more for their economy than anyone. Also, temps next week look to be mild with some possible rain, therefore SWI and NIL will likely not be able to hold onto whatever snow they get.

whitedust

Outstanding if heavy snow falls in southern WI spreads snowmobile traffic throughout the state and UP. Southern Clubs have been maintaining trails for many years with little ride time. Milwaukee locals talking Bizzard conditions then subzero which would be fantastic for riding! Thanks Santa 🎅🏻🥶❄️

indy_500

Outstanding if heavy snow falls in southern WI spreads snowmobile traffic throughout the state and UP. Southern Clubs have been maintaining trails for many years with little ride time. Milwaukee locals talking Bizzard conditions then subzero which would be fantastic for riding! Thanks Santa 🎅🏻🥶❄️
Look at Milwaukee temps for next week, upper 30s all week and rain…

whitedust

Look at Milwaukee temps for next week, upper 30s all week and rain…
Nope not seeing that warmest temp is 32 all snow then subzero comes in cold for next 10 days. Weather channel and JD backs up that forecast currently. I’m in western Racine county and joined club in Walworth county and we are colder than Milwaukee temp which is usually recorded at Mitchell Field which is right on the lake. Not sure temp at Mitchell but won’t affect areas away from lake. Fox Milwaukee talking
blizzard conditions. We will see but looks good for snow now.