How’s this for you guys

matti

Where is that? I have a cabin in Bayfield County (by Iron River) and I heard we got a few inches. Lovemydobe also lives near Iron River. Some days I'm amazed at how little traffic there has been this winter.

elf

I keep seeing people say the season is over. Up by my cabin we have so much snow it'll be good for a month yet easily.

indy_500

We stayed in Ashland last night, and trailered to the Pine Creek pit stop in Mequoah this morning. Rode up to Valhalla area and played around, took a couple different fun loops before grabbing lunch at the Valhalla Pub and Grub. Pic was taken near Valhalla. All of the surrounding trails around there were jaw dropping, just phenomenal!! Tons of little loops around there. We now rode up to Cornucopia and swung over to Herbster to grab some sodas. Little icy near the lake up here but plenty rideable. Going to head to Port Wing and back over to Valhalla area before heading back.

indy_500

Where did you start seeing rideable trails?
On the drive up Mercer looked rideable as they got some snow yesterday. Once we got to Hurley and headed west, it got thin. Not sure I’d ride a sled out of Ashland but the 8 mile drive over to Mequoah, the snow depth doubled and everything was excellent.

mike1970

I can vouch for that, Indy. If you draw a triangle from Superior to Hayward to Ashland, everything inside that triangle is in dang good shape, even after the rain. I'm in northern Washburn County and it's a little thin and icy here, but as we went North, it just kept getting better. Everything from Gordon north was awesome.

hermie

On the drive up Mercer looked rideable as they got some snow yesterday. Once we got to Hurley and headed west, it got thin. Not sure I’d ride a sled out of Ashland but the 8 mile drive over to Mequoah, the snow depth doubled and everything was excellent.
Thank you debating heading up to my place in St.Germain and trailer up that way to ride tomorrow or wait until next weekend and hope JD is correct about the snow for next week

LoveMyDobe

Where is that? I have a cabin in Bayfield County (by Iron River) and I heard we got a few inches. Lovemydobe also lives near Iron River. Some days I'm amazed at how little traffic there has been this winter.
You are correct I live between IR and Brule on Crystal Lake rd 1/4 mile from Corridor. people must have discovered how great our trails are as there were tons of sleds around yesterday. We did have 3 inches of snow after the rain and groomers are out full force . If you are on Facebook watch the Bayfield County Snowmobile Alliance page, lots of post and groomers updating daily. You are correct before the rain not as much traffic before the rain as snow was widespread in WI, actually our trails survived well . This weekend is the Norther Pines Sled Dog races on Sat, the Corridor has a reroute on trail 22 til 1pm, Frostys Vintage Riders club has Weiner roost on Corridor and trail 4, Chile cook off at Liquor in the Woods in IR, and Barstool Races down in Drummond.

xcr440

I love it when the bench racers look at the recent temperatures, heavy rains, and start waxing sleds in the middle of February during one of the best years we’ve had! (MN)

900 miles in 5 days and no it wasn’t all like Indy’s pic, but when you meet a TOTAL of 12 sleds on the trail, you know it’s been a good week…

mspease

Glad it worked out well for you Indy! :) lovemydobe is who gave me the info on conditions up there that I passed along to you. Have fun with the lady and little man.

indy_500

D2FA338F-DADE-487F-BF16-D38F8F00118F.jpeg Well guys, yesterdays ride didn’t end as well as it started. Left Port Wing and headed up the hill there back east. Not sure if it had a name, but it’s a pretty scenic hill where you can see for miles. Well, on top it was all glare ice. My fiancé thought it looked like a nice straightaway as I was 100 yards ahead of her. Before she knew it she spun out on the ice and the sled launched into these bushes. Thankfully, she was launched into an open snowy area 30-40 feet from the sled, not near any trees. Luckily she walked away with minor bumps and bruises. Coming back a couple minutes later to that scene is something I never want to see again. The sled isn’t as ugly as you would think but it does need some attention. She’ll never be on another sled that isn’t studded again. She has put on over 5k miles in the last few years so she has some decent experience, but just an unfortunate accident. I can’t thank Dave and his wife from Port Wing enough who passed by a couple minutes later. He helped me pull the sled out, and then They led us back to their home in Port Wing and let us warm up, before driving us back to our truck and trailer. Dave owns the storage units in Port Wing as well, if anyone needs to store anything up there he is an awesome guy that I will forever be thankful for!