If it rains today....

pclark

North of Rhinelander and Hayward I doubt you will find any business owner in favor of closing the trails unless it would be 50 and downpouring rain. A lot of those business owners are involved with the clubs and it's obviously their livelehood. Any week after March 1st is really a bonus anyway even in the northwoods.

Feel bad for the rest of Wisconsin but I know from my guys in Waukesha County that they only have had maybe a total of 6" of snow this season so far. Waukesha has 6" rule and 32 degree temperature to remain open, they were open in certain areas for 3 days. I used to mark those trails and if they had corn then they were tilled and that would be a brutal ride. If they are open they are open and go beat your sled up but you would be better off riding rivers and lakes if you want to get a little riding in.

Places like KM Forrest are technically open all the time as they are state trails, so is the Drumlin but you will riding gravel and rocks with 6" of snow. Not my idea of a good time but have at it if you want to.

ddhanna

You sound like a control freak soup nazi in your statement above....LOL...I never used the word entitled.... nice try though. Most ppl without an argument have to put words in other ppls mouths, or posts like you did.

Again plenty of frost in the ground and over 4" of snow and groomed twice and not opened is wrong in my opinion. No one down here is asking for pristine trails before they open up. And no one will be forced to ride them if they chose not to.
Chill out dude. It was a simple comment about the trail pass. I agree that trails should be open if at all possible. Now I am a control freak soup nazi. I even own a Polaris for god's sake. Whew!

Last edited:

ezra

Way different story up there...triple the snow where u were riding...we had about a 3 inch base....30 miles north of us it doubles...and yeah..if you blow the base off a trail this time of year, it's toast for the rest of the season...call me selfish...but I'd prefer not ride in the rain and in 40 degree weather, so I can ride again when the conditions allow. ..but some people don't care...they'll ride when they damn well please...cant stop it...I guess I was hoping to appeal to someone's common sense....but few have that anymore
When some one just dropped 400 in gas to get there another 300 for a room and another grand for the Thursday afternoon and Fri off work . You think they are going to say ah f it I don't want to rube the base on my 2 trip a yr ? Lmfao get a grip they are going to run it and stop at every bar to defrost there shield and give zero f about your base and I don't blame them 1 bit .
Me I spent that last weekend and woke up and drove home been there done that and don't enjoy rain rides but I 100% get why they do it .
Whaaa whaaa my base . Get over it

attakman

When some one just dropped 400 in gas to get there another 300 for a room and another grand for the Thursday afternoon and Fri off work . You think they are going to say ah f it I don't want to rube the base on my 2 trip a yr ? Lmfao get a grip they are going to run it and stop at every bar to defrost there shield and give zero f about your base and I don't blame them 1 bit .
Me I spent that last weekend and woke up and drove home been there done that and don't enjoy rain rides but I 100% get why they do it .
Whaaa whaaa my base . Get over it
And I could give zero f how much they spent to get here, or stay here...thats on them....of course they don't give a f about the base...they are weekend warriors..not true snowmobilers...and have no vested interest in the trail system...they are just here to use and abuse em..(abuse their livers as well).then go home..I get it...nobody was crying about it...I was just trying to get people think a little bit....riding in the rain sucks, and it screws up the trails...but what do I know....our sport is being over run by morons

snobuilder

North of Rhinelander and Hayward I doubt you will find any business owner in favor of closing the trails unless it would be 50 and downpouring rain. A lot of those business owners are involved with the clubs and it's obviously their livelehood. Any week after March 1st is really a bonus anyway even in the northwoods.

Feel bad for the rest of Wisconsin but I know from my guys in Waukesha County that they only have had maybe a total of 6" of snow this season so far. Waukesha has 6" rule and 32 degree temperature to remain open, they were open in certain areas for 3 days. I used to mark those trails and if they had corn then they were tilled and that would be a brutal ride. If they are open they are open and go beat your sled up but you would be better off riding rivers and lakes if you want to get a little riding in.

Places like KM Forrest are technically open all the time as they are state trails, so is the Drumlin but you will riding gravel and rocks with 6" of snow. Not my idea of a good time but have at it if you want to.
Not ripping on you but this seems to be a general argument out of many that agree with trails never opening.
I can't help but laugh at some ppls worries over another guys sled getting ridden on a rough trail. In the best winters you will have chit sections of trails down here. Please stop holding them hostage because you are worried about MY sled or some idiot complaining they are not perfect......LOL....On the other hand a guy could get on a section of trail that has perfect drift collected on it and is perfectly happy with riding back and forth for an hour. At least they'd get a little enjoyment out of their machine and groomer payment pass....er I mean snowmobile trail pass they had to buy to ride.....or not.

snobuilder

And I could give zero f how much they spent to get here, or stay here...thats on them....of course they don't give a f about the base...they are weekend warriors..not true snowmobilers...and have no vested interest in the trail system...they are just here to use and abuse em..(abuse their livers as well).then go home..I get it...nobody was crying about it...I was just trying to get people think a little bit....riding in the rain sucks, and it screws up the trails...but what do I know....our sport is being over run by morons
Being in the recreational vehicle biz, I would think you'd give at least one f about money spent to support YOUR livelyhood.....LOL

BUT ON ANOTHER NOTE HOW BAD DID THE TRAILS GET WRECKED BY MA NATURE?

i NEED ONE MORE WEEKEND. OLNY HAAVE LIKE 200 MILES FOR THE YAER.

Last edited:

snobuilder

Chill out dude. It was a simple comment about the trail pass. I agree that trails should be open if at all possible. Now I am a control freak soup nazi. I even own a Polaris for god's sake. Whew!
Sorry guy but I picture a jack booted thug when I read your reply. ...."YOU ARE ENTITLED TO NUTZING"....lol

pclark

Not ripping on you but this seems to be a general argument out of many that agree with trails never opening.
I can't help but laugh at some ppls worries over another guys sled getting ridden on a rough trail. In the best winters you will have chit sections of trails down here. Please stop holding them hostage because you are worried about MY sled or some idiot complaining they are not perfect......LOL....On the other hand a guy could get on a section of trail that has perfect drift collected on it and is perfectly happy with riding back and forth for an hour. At least they'd get a little enjoyment out of their machine and groomer payment pass....er I mean snowmobile trail pass they had to buy to ride.....or not.
Not holding anybody hostage or worrying about your sled. In fact, I informed you of a couple places you could actually ride anytime if you wanted to in KM Forest and Drumlin trail. I could care less about your sled if thats what you enjoy. Riding on closed trails only results in them being closed forever, that is a fact, I know, I dealt with owners when I lived down there and trying to keep them happy and snowmobilers happy as well. It's like babysitting and I'm the guy in the middle trying to pacify both sides. I could go on but what's the point, it's really no ones fault but weather patterns and who actually gets the snow.

attakman

Being in the recreational vehicle biz, I would think you'd give at least one fuck about money spent to support YOUR livelyhood.....LOL

BUT ON ANOTHER NOTE HOW BAD DID THE TRAILS GET WRECKED BY MA NATURE?

i NEED ONE MORE WEEKEND. OLNY HAAVE LIKE 200 MILES FOR THE YAER.
It's not my business how much somebody spends or doesn't spend...I do not, and can not control that...for every jerk there 10 who are awesome....there is nothing worse than folks who come up here thinking us locals would starve without them (and it simply isn't true)...that attitude pisses people off...it is some of us locals, that maintain, mark and brush these trails I've spent 30 plus years doing it up here with various clubs...so excuse me if I get a little pissy about it..I caught alot of grief through the years from businesses because my trail reports (here) have been "too honest"..Sorry but I won't lie just so people come up here to ride..never have never will ...Doesn't matter what business I'm in...I'm honest and call it like it is......I do care about the trails, and want to ride until April 1st...call me selfish...seeing idiots do dumb things ..like ride in the rain...chaps my ass a bit...sorry
That being said...some of the trails are holding up nicely (wooded trails, north and west of the Nokomis area)...and with the colder weather (9 degrees at my house this morning)...the rain caused some slush out on the lake..but most of it is refreezing, and pretty solid..if we could just get 3 to 6 inches of wet snow...these trails would be awesome for the next couple of weeks....but it is march so I wont hold my breath.

old abe

It's not my business how much somebody spends or doesn't spend...I do not, and can not control that...for every jerk there 10 who are awesome....there is nothing worse than folks who come up here thinking us locals would starve without them (and it simply isn't true)...that attitude pisses people off...it is some of us locals, that maintain, mark and brush these trails I've spent 30 plus years doing it up here with various clubs...so excuse me if I get a little pissy about it..I caught alot of grief through the years from businesses because my trail reports (here) have been "too honest"..Sorry but I won't lie just so people come up here to ride..never have never will ...Doesn't matter what business I'm in...I'm honest and call it like it is......I do care about the trails, and want to ride until April 1st...call me selfish...seeing idiots do dumb things ..like ride in the rain...chaps my ass a bit...sorry
That being said...some of the trails are holding up nicely (wooded trails, north and west of the Nokomis area)...and with the colder weather (9 degrees at my house this morning)...the rain caused some slush out on the lake..but most of it is refreezing, and pretty solid..if we could just get 3 to 6 inches of wet snow...these trails would be awesome for the next couple of weeks....but it is march so I wont hold my breath.
I'm just as you attakman, a "realist"! I appreciate your, and others honest facts. Not BS. Can't help it, brought up that way. It has served me well, as you can't be successful believing in BS, wishful thinking, nonfactual information. It doesn't work, it takes real facts.

Longlegs

I’m guessing if your paying $30 for a trail pass you’re not a club member. My suggestion is to join a club, maybe it‘ll help you understand their decisions and it will definitely give you a voice in the decisions. I wish I lived where I could walk out the door and ride but I don’t. I also can’t begin to count how many times I’ve driven up to help our club (Lyndon Knights near the Dells) get trails ready and we haven’t opened the trails at all.
I‘m certainly not a fan of buying a registration and a sticker, but in my opinion if it engages some new members in the clubs it’s worth it.

pclark

I’m guessing if your paying $30 for a trail pass you’re not a club member. My suggestion is to join a club, maybe it‘ll help you understand their decisions and it will definitely give you a voice in the decisions. I wish I lived where I could walk out the door and ride but I don’t. I also can’t begin to count how many times I’ve driven up to help our club (Lyndon Knights near the Dells) get trails ready and we haven’t opened the trails at all.
I‘m certainly not a fan of buying a registration and a sticker, but in my opinion if it engages some new members in the clubs it’s worth it.
Very true, Typically the County Snowmobile Association sets the rules about when to open the trails or not. They do consult with the individual Club trail masters to get their input on their section of trail and then the decision is made. If you want to voice your opinion the County meeting is where to do it, Some are open to change but many are not when it comes to opening trails with very little snow. Example, If you set your open trails at 6" and temps 32 and below then stick to it, open them! That's when people get a little ticked off. Again, I personally don't care if you want to ride trails like that, I'm just stating the facts being at the Club level and also being involved at the County level.

ezra

Morons who still cry about a base . Good god get a grip .you have over 3 feet . The mogal master can drop its cutters in a foot fill the pan and be flat as a highway Monday night . Get the F over the base .

ezra

Or they are a member of there local club in there home state and even put in there 8 to 100hrs a yr maintaining there local trails .
I nor any one I know catch a break on trail stickers in other states nor would I expect to

snobuilder

club member and was an offcer. That is how I know the winter wheat argument holds no water and if there was damage we would have covered loss. Still waiting for the claim.

snomoman

Uh oh, looks like many Fbombs are being dropped, my opinion of this “wholesome family website” is changing now, bring on the vulgar I guess

D

Deleted member 10829

Uh oh, looks like many Fbombs are being dropped, my opinion of this “wholesome family website” is changing now, bring on the vulgar I guess
I just made several edits, let me know if I missed any. You guys know better than that. Keep that kind of language in the Barstool thread only.

attakman

Morons who still cry about a base . Good god get a f grip .you have over 3 feet . The mogal master can drop its cutters in a foot fill the pan and be flat as a highway Monday night . Get the F over the base .
Nobody is crying...just stated my opinion...and NO we don't have over 3 feet...we've been pulling snow off the sides of the trails for over two months, to try and keep the trails white as possible. and open as long as we can....no base=NO TRAIl.... can't have people riding dirt on private land....but what do I know

goofy600

I just made several edits, let me know if I missed any. You guys know better than that. Keep that kind of language in the Barstool thread only.
Thanks Mark was hoping that it could just be edited and not removed. Seems like time one day or night may have played into it.