Inconsiderate people

buddah2

Suck!!

I don't normally biotch about the dumb shot sledders do......but then there are some.....

our drive is just short of 1/2 mile long.......I keep it blown out so we can get out to the main road with our 2WD Odyssey......there is a small general store at the end of our drive where I go for coffee each morning.....and the guy that owns the store has a series of rental cabins just up the road from our drive.....so sometime overnight someone decided it would be a "challenge" to climb one of the 25 or so ft push piles around the store parking lot.....to do that he had to launch off of or through my drive.....now I've got a nice 1 1/2 FOOT wall of snow blocking the drive.....had to back up all the way to the house and get my Suburban to bust through it......time to get the blower out again just because of some a**h***.........

tom_s

NO WAY. Sorry to hear that Bud. Do you think they made it to the TOP.

Once my kids and some other kids on our block, which is at the end of a cul-de-sac... where having a snowball fight, after I plowed the driveway which is only 70ft long. I went in for a cup of water, Thats what I do everytime i'm finished plowing. Those little A**H**** messed up my drive. Had to break out the shovel and clean it up. Thanks Kids... Boy Was I MAD. But after reading your post. You had it much worse.

no1_pro

NO WAY. Sorry to hear that Bud. Do you think they made it to the TOP.

Once my kids and some other kids on our block, which is at the end of a cul-de-sac... where having a snowball fight, after I plowed the driveway which is only 70ft long. I went in for a cup of water, Thats what I do everytime i'm finished plowing. Those little A**H**** messed up my drive. Had to break out the shovel and clean it up. Thanks Kids... Boy Was I MAD. But after reading your post. You had it much worse.

O Geez funny. I read this thread start earlyer in the day and could see whats coming.

skutr

Then you need to talk to the store owner and not to us. We can't fix stupid but in this case you can!

buddah2

Then you need to talk to the store owner and not to us. We can't fix stupid but in this case you can!

Wouldn't help......he's a really god guy but no way to know which idiot did it.....he has a number of cabins he rents......too many sled tracks to "backtrack" too.

tom_s

Biddah, sorry for crackin you nutts, I was in a funny pranky mood, still am.

Who's next, My story is true...Well I did make THEM clean the driveway. Being my boots where already off.

ezra

I find it works best to stand on the steps and shake my shovel and yell YOU DAMMM KIDS till they all laugh and run away showing me I am #1 with there fancy hand gestures

anonomoose

A thousand dollars and a trail permit opens the door to anyone who wants to ride a sled. This of course, doesn't mean that they are mental giants and is why you see idiots who wreck it for all the rest by doing things that requires the brain to be working on all 4 cylinders. Sad but true.

While it is possible in the dark to not see what got flung behind the sled while attempting to answer the challenge of climbing a man made hill (imagine driving hours to get to a place only to find this is the best that they can find to do??) and knowing that EVERYONE up north has xwheel drive.....so what the heck....I would find some nice re-bar and set them all around your side of the pile of snow to prevent this from happening again....it would be nice of you to post a small sign that says don't climb the snow pile too. Then just check with the local sled repair shop for sleds that have chewed up tracks fresh off the trail. While you might not get to catch the dummy...one good look at the pile and exposed rebar will give you the got even feeling you obviously need here.

Dave_B

A thousand dollars and a trail permit opens the door to anyone who wants to ride a sled. This of course, doesn't mean that they are mental giants and is why you see idiots who wreck it for all the rest by doing things that requires the brain to be working on all 4 cylinders. Sad but true.

While it is possible in the dark to not see what got flung behind the sled while attempting to answer the challenge of climbing a man made hill (imagine driving hours to get to a place only to find this is the best that they can find to do??) and knowing that EVERYONE up north has xwheel drive.....so what the heck....I would find some nice re-bar and set them all around your side of the pile of snow to prevent this from happening again....it would be nice of you to post a small sign that says don't climb the snow pile too. Then just check with the local sled repair shop for sleds that have chewed up tracks fresh off the trail. While you might not get to catch the dummy...one good look at the pile and exposed rebar will give you the got even feeling you obviously need here.

Great idea, in my opinion, but I would guess that rebar would lead to lawsuit and who has time for that crap!

Just be thankfull you live up there and don't have to drive 500 miles at $4.00 per gallon to "play".

Spend three days down here watching the news and all the BS that goes on. You'll get speeding tickets all the way back north on 75 to get home! Say Hi to the indian guy at the bridge toll booth for me!

polarisrider1

Great idea, in my opinion, but I would guess that rebar would lead to lawsuit and who has time for that crap!

Just be thankfull you live up there and don't have to drive 500 miles at $4.00 per gallon to "play".

Spend three days down here watching the news and all the BS that goes on. You'll get speeding tickets all the way back north on 75 to get home! Say Hi to the indian guy at the bridge toll booth for me!

That guy at the bridge toll is way cool. If you need to know what's going on in St. Ignace he has the answer.

buddah2

Yep, I would be pi$%&$@ also. Respect private property, shouldn't even be a discussion about this.

And then to add insult to injury we're coming home from town late yesterday afternoon and there's a couple about our ages walking their freaking dog right down the middle of our drive and they really didn't want to move for us......only reason I bring it up is because of the double gate with FOUR "Private Property" or "No Trespassing" signs. What the H*** goes through people's minds?

Polarice

Suck!!

I don't normally biotch about the dumb shot sledders do......but then there are some.....

our drive is just short of 1/2 mile long.......I keep it blown out so we can get out to the main road with our 2WD Odyssey......there is a small general store at the end of our drive where I go for coffee each morning.....and the guy that owns the store has a series of rental cabins just up the road from our drive.....so sometime overnight someone decided it would be a "challenge" to climb one of the 25 or so ft push piles around the store parking lot.....to do that he had to launch off of or through my drive.....now I've got a nice 1 1/2 FOOT wall of snow blocking the drive.....had to back up all the way to the house and get my Suburban to bust through it......time to get the blower out again just because of some a**h***.........

I'm sure it's the same idiots that tracked up the area of the forest along my road that says KEEP OFF. I noticed this when I went home yesterday morning. Not much worse than idiots tracking up areas that have signs. These idiots ruin stuff for everyone.

wilson

And then to add insult to injury we're coming home from town late yesterday afternoon and there's a couple about our ages walking their freaking dog right down the middle of our drive and they really didn't want to move for us......only reason I bring it up is because of the double gate with FOUR "Private Property" or "No Trespassing" signs. What the H*** goes through people's minds?

i'll bet the dog took a crap on your drive along the way, in which you'll run over, then you'll park your car in the garage which will cause your garage to smell like $#!^

buddah2

I'm not too worried about that......our dogs handle that task just fine without any assistance......at least the garage is unheated.......;)

dickmsp

Very frustrating for us folks that actually do respect private property. Only a short time before snowmobiles not allowed in towns, or we lose more trails.. Makes us all look like idiots

G

G

Here we have a perfect example why assault rifles should not be banned.

G

G

Here we have a perfect example why assault rifles should not be banned.

That was meant as a joke but i regret posting it. Very poor taste in this day and age. I am sorry. It is not just kids who do this sort of thing. I have seen many adults who should know better do some very stupid things on sleds. It goes back to you just can't fix stupid. They will always be out there and they will surprise you sometimes by reaching even lower levels of irresponsible activities. They are like a 1996 Storm - no matter how much you try to fix it it will never be right and will always cause you misery and heartbreak.

buddah2

While we're on the subject.........

I was coming home a little while ago and out in front of me there's 4 sleds crossing the hwy we live on "in the toolies" as it were(i.e. from one woods section to another). There's pretty good sized banks where the road commission has really pushed it back. SO the first guy goes across and proceeds to gun it throwing snow clear across the road and both berms. The other 3 ride across the road, up the bank, and on down the path with nary a puff of extra snow. Guess the 1st guy just had to prove to everyone including himself that he's an a**h***...........

Slapshot

I guess you can't have fun with out being a A@@H@@@ Ride on A##H### They where on public land let it go . ac blast 2013 031.jpg

Last edited: