INSURANCE for a four stroke

Pit Grunt

I got my wife a 900 ACE GSX Ski-doo this year. I called for insurance with the company I had for years and was floored on the price. They rated by CCs and not HP. So I shopped around and found a snowmobiler agent for the last 38 years. He quoted me a rate and price on my three sleds and enclosed trailer and saved me hundreds on insurance. Wow now I can buy more gas for trips. Give this guy a try.

ANDREW TRAVER at 815-363-0855

Attachments

• Vilas opner 12-14-13 019.jpg
    Vilas opner 12-14-13 019.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

Good news and info! Have you been able to get many miles on the 900 ACE yet? Any first impressions?

MNBlizzard

No, I meant I have been insuring my 1149cc Nytro for years...I always ask twice for HP rating but have never found one yet. My feeling with insurance companies is that if you give them a reason not to pay out, they won't! I'd rather pay a little extra and be covered than be in the gray area when **** goes South!

Pit Grunt

Just love the sled.. R-motion was spot on. 0 to 70 very fast. 70 up to 90 a little slower, toped out a 90. The best trail sled ever. I may have to find a 900 GADE.. I would like a X package. may have to build my own. this is the lightest four stroke on the trail..

Attak man

Yep...fought that battle with my insurance company last year...almost bought a nytro...my insurance would have went up $400 dollars a year!!!! I called and asked why?? They said because it's a 1050 cc....I explained to the lady that it was 130 HP sled (really 136-138)....and that my current sled (at that time)was a 4 cylinder...150 HP sled...that I had a policy with them on...and she said "but it's a 998cc"...so it's under a thousand...they wouldn't budge!!! So....I buy my cat this year F-1000 two stroke....999cc.....165 hp.....and my insurance went down $60 dollars a year...***??

warner

yup...my wife is an insurace sales person, my 2013 nytro with a 500.00 deductible is $373.00 a year, thats nuts it's more than my car

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had the same discussion/argument with American Family which insures our vehicles and home, they based the premium on c.c.'s and not horsepower. Then I met a rep from Sentry Insurance at one of the Snow Shows with a realistic premium and quality coverage. My New Best Friend.

Cat600

Exactly why I will keep my 2010 600cc 2-stroke, way cheaper for insurance than the newer 1000cc+ sleds.

Just love the sled.. R-motion was spot on. 0 to 70 very fast. 70 up to 90 a little slower, toped out a 90. The best trail sled ever. I may have to find a 900 GADE.. I would like a X package. may have to build my own. this is the lightest four stroke on the trail..

The lightest adult 4-stroke on the trail is the Ski-Doo 600 ACE.

buddah2

Yep...fought that battle with my insurance company last year...almost bought a nytro...my insurance would have went up $400 dollars a year!!!! I called and asked why?? They said because it's a 1050 cc....I explained to the lady that it was 130 HP sled (really 136-138)....and that my current sled (at that time)was a 4 cylinder...150 HP sled...that I had a policy with them on...and she said "but it's a 998cc"...so it's under a thousand...they wouldn't budge!!! So....I buy my cat this year F-1000 two stroke....999cc.....165 hp.....and my insurance went down $60 dollars a year...***??

I had this exact argument with my local insurance agent not 3 weeks ago. So I got agitated and sent the company a "nasty-gram" that they really should reconsider their "antiquated" policy of insuring by displacement only......whereupon I got a call from the home office explaining that it was their policy to insure by overall value, not cc's. I told the gentleman he should explain this to their independent agents. He swore he would call and have a "discussion" with them. FWIW