Island Park

polarisrider1

You looking for snow? Go west young man, looks like if we are going to really ride then west it is. IP; Tog., Cooke, snowies, Revey, Ontario or AK. This year is the worst ever here that I recall. Can I get a refund on my MI trail permit? Or at least pro rate it?

willey

You looking for snow? Go west young man, looks like if we are going to really ride then west it is. IP; Tog., Cooke, snowies, Revey, Ontario or AK. This year is the worst ever here that I recall. Can I get a refund on my MI trail permit? Or at least pro rate it?

We will be there at the same time. My group is staying at Island Park Village Resort. Might have to see if we could hook up for a day!

polarisrider1

We will be there at the same time. My group is staying at Island Park Village Resort. Might have to see if we could hook up for a day!
I am staying at the same place. Sounds good. I will be riding with Smurfrider and Buckfity.

Last edited:

willey

I am staying at the same place. Sounds good. I will be riding with Smurfrider and Buckfity.[
/QUOTE]

Cool. It's my first time to the area. Have you stayed there before? Traded timeshare into IP so I am looking forward to the new area. We will have to keep in touch as the date gets closer. We are leaving the 2nd from Western Wisconsin.

polarisrider1

I am staying at the same place. Sounds good. I will be riding with Smurfrider and Buckfity.[
/QUOTE]

Cool. It's my first time to the area. Have you stayed there before? Traded timeshare into IP so I am looking forward to the new area. We will have to keep in touch as the date gets closer. We are leaving the 2nd from Western Wisconsin.
We will be right behind you. Our riding days are March 5-10. I have been there and can show you around, it is pretty easy. Buy your Idaho and Montana permits at the store at the entrance to the resort. They also have gas and a Poo dealer is across the street. IP is very convenient.

willey

We will be right behind you. Our riding days are March 5-10. I have been there and can show you around, it is pretty easy. Buy your Idaho and Montana permits at the store at the entrance to the resort. They also have gas and a Poo dealer is across the street. IP is very convenient.

Awesome! I getting pretty excited for departure day. Now all we need is some fresh stuff to start falling on a regular basis out there. What units are you guys in? I believe we have 115 and 116. I was debating about getting a guide to show us around for a day, but if we can ride with your gang that would be great. You guys having Moms drop your sled off or are they staying there also?

Bill

polarisrider1

Awesome! I getting pretty excited for departure day. Now all we need is some fresh stuff to start falling on a regular basis out there. What units are you guys in? I believe we have 115 and 116. I was debating about getting a guide to show us around for a day, but if we can ride with your gang that would be great. You guys having Moms drop your sled off or are they staying there also?

Bill
We are way in the back, just look for the Semi truck and come a knocking someone will point me out for ya! If you put your best game on you may even make the movies! I suspect that additional filming for "Flatlander 2" will be taking place. 3 of us are going out to shoot one of the days for our own personal group video, something your group may want to do??? but you can hook up with us for the other days. Don't get a guide grab a map and you will be fine. The maps are totally detailed and IP is pretty much self explanitory. How many guys in your group? and how many have mtn. sleds?

willey

We are way in the back, just look for the Semi truck and come a knocking someone will point me out for ya! If you put your best game on you may even make the movies! I suspect that additional filming for "Flatlander 2" will be taking place. 3 of us are going out to shoot one of the days for our own personal group video, something your group may want to do??? but you can hook up with us for the other days. Don't get a guide grab a map and you will be fine. The maps are totally detailed and IP is pretty much self explanitory. How many guys in your group? and how many have mtn. sleds?

I plan on doing some filming with my Go Pro and digital cameras. We have five going total. All mountain sleds (11' RMK 600, 08' D7 144, 10' Summit 800r, 11' Summit 600, 07 Summit 800r). We have one female in our group and I have a feeling her husband and her may do a day or two of trail riding, but the rest of us are ready to find the fresh stuff. We will have My 05 F150 hooked to a 27' white in-line and one in the back of my buddies truck on the way out. I think I may have meet you a couple years back at the Ride-in or maybe at Krupps. Do you know if the Poo dealer across the street rents Pros? I may want to rent one for a day!

polarisrider1

I plan on doing some filming with my Go Pro and digital cameras. We have five going total. All mountain sleds (11' RMK 600, 08' D7 144, 10' Summit 800r, 11' Summit 600, 07 Summit 800r). We have one female in our group and I have a feeling her husband and her may do a day or two of trail riding, but the rest of us are ready to find the fresh stuff. We will have My 05 F150 hooked to a 27' white in-line and one in the back of my buddies truck on the way out. I think I may have meet you a couple years back at the Ride-in or maybe at Krupps. Do you know if the Poo dealer across the street rents Pros? I may want to rent one for a day!
Yes they do rent Pros. We may have met at either location.

jmom800x

Do a snow dance.....they need it.
We are in IP now with a load of 21 flatlanders from MomsMotorSports

Here are a couple of pictures of how the snow looks now.
skinny-climb.jpg

day2-brian-stuck-web.jpg

day-1-creek-web.jpg
Ohh, and watch out for creeks and valley's that haven't yet filled in.

timmer72

Have you guys seen or heard how the conditions are out there. I can't seem to find much chatter on the area. Might be out there with a group march 3-8 staying in West Yellowstone.

willey

I've heard the conditions are good, but they could use some fresh stuff. There are areas of powder in the trees and meadows but with lack of fresh snow its harder to find them as they are getting tracked. Looks to be some good chances of snow between now and departure to put some smiles on our faces. 14 days and I'm gone!!!