It's not "bigfoot".....but it's definitely a BIG foot!

snoluver1

My gut tells me that is a cat print, not a canine. If it is approx. 3 1/2 in height= Cougar, 1 1/2 in height=Bobcat. Check out www.michigan.gov/dnr/ -Mezz

I assume by "height" you mean front to back? If that's the case, it measures 4" tall (front to back in the center) by 4.5" wide at it's widest point. From everything I've read, and from what others have said, a canine print is generally more tall than wide. I agree, I think I'm leaning more towards cougar, which is actually a bit more concerning than a lone wolf! What ever this thing is, its fricken BIG!

m8man

That looks like a cat print to me, the general shape (stubby). but if you look at the main pad it has one main lobe or hump in it and that usually means dog/coyote/wolf etc.... .....I'd have to say usually I don't see claws with cat prints but never know I guess....I've seen some of each and it's always neat to "look them up" Mezz provided a good link to look at on the dnr page.

dog/wolf/coyote prints show up more like peeps have been saying....a bit more pointed in the front and they usually have claws.

I wonder if it was a bit smaller then it dried a bit and somehow expanded......

neat to see prints....and fund to research them....

m8man

Last edited:

catdog

images

mezz

"Typically" no claw marks, however, if the ground was soft enough, which according to snoluver1, it was slicker than snot, it would make sense the claws would appear. I am definitely no expert, but IMO, he's got a cat print, and a rather large one at that.-Mezz

srt20

I have to 100% disagree with Mezz.

Compare the pic down next to the dog and cat track pic. The shape, the position of the toes, the shape of the heel, and claws. Without hesitation I say dog.

IMO, and Id bet $$, thats a dog that has had his nails cut somewhat recently or runs on paved surfaces a lot.

snoluver1

Unfortunately the print is long gone, but one thing i can say is the the heel pad was a bit distorted. Kind of like the mud stuck to the heel, was lifted and released. Really hard to say, there are arguments for both sides. If it is canine, the 2 outer toes had to have been splayed out. That's about the only way to explain the roundness. One thing i can say for sure, I know of no domestic dogs that could leave a print this large within a 5 mile radius of my place. This thing left a 4.5 inch print! There have been confirmed sightings of both wolf and cougar within 5 miles of my house. (Surprisingly!) I would say it had to have been one of the 2 of dem critters!

T

Tracker

that's a dog or coyote....that track is about 3 1/2 inches long according to your hand....a wolfs is 5 inches long and not smaller....and a lion...it can retract its claws...and you can make an X on that track...take a 6 inch scale and hold to your finger tip to wrist....see where 5 inches hits on your hand...by the base of your thumb...that track hits at the base of your first finger

LionVsWolfAnnotate_zps5b818ae0.gif

http://www.qnet.com/~saddleup/Compare_Prints.jpg

http://westernwildlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/TrackDiagram.jpg

Last edited:
T

Tracker

I think this story explains trackers obsession for big foot .wanting to rekindle long lost love perhaps ? lol
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/colorado-hunter-claims-he-was-sexually-assaulted-by-a-sasquatch/

don't be afraid dare ezra....1500 skeletons of these were found in 2015....ape with human hands and feet and other traits but a hairy ape...seems he didn't go extinct either.....hmmmmm....makes ya wonder if bredding between the 2 of us produced a huge one and a small one....and then....they lived with us for thousands of years....and....so did a gigantopethicus blacki.....hmmmmm....and theres a thing called THE MISSING LINK.....hmmmmmm.....science proves they did with bones and skeletons...but yet...everyone claims theres no evidence...otay ottis's....don't read these scientific links because ya candy azz wont be able to go inta tha woods any more...LMAO

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/homo-naledi-human-evolution-science/

http://www.livescience.com/467-gigantic-apes-coexisted-early-humans-study-finds.html

mrbb

don't be afraid dare ezra....1500 skeletons of these were found in 2015....ape with human hands and feet and other traits but a hairy ape...seems he didn't go extinct either.....hmmmmm....makes ya wonder if bredding between the 2 of us produced a huge one and a small one....and then....they lived with us for thousands of years....and....so did a gigantopethicus blacki.....hmmmmm....and theres a thing called THE MISSING LINK.....hmmmmmm.....science proves they did with bones and skeletons...but yet...everyone claims theres no evidence...otay ottis's....don't read these scientific links because ya candy azz wont be able to go inta tha woods any more...LMAO

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/homo-naledi-human-evolution-science/

http://www.livescience.com/467-gigantic-apes-coexisted-early-humans-study-finds.html

HAHAHA, well, I think your missing the point MOST of us are saying about evidence
its NOT about evidence of things from hundred's of years ago
its about CURRENT< REAL HARD evidence RIGHT now of these THINGS< walking about right now

you can show DATA and OPINIONS and even remains of things from YRS back, and since NO one is alive from back then, WHAT , all is found or ?, is ALL still speculations as to WHAT where when how, they might have been.
CAN they get close, SURE< BUT, its honestly just an educated guess? because again, NO one is alive from that era to have seen and KNOW for 100 % sure how things were!

through out history, as more and more WAYS of testing and such, have proven ONCE thought to be accurate info, came to be proven to be wrong, due to again, its all been guessed at on the how's, due to NO oen alive to say for 100%
AS tech changes and the ways we determine HOW we interpret remains,m what is written today can be DIFFERENT in yrs down the road.

SO< again, till a BIG foot or?? is FOUND alive right NOW< or proven one is, they are just figments of imaginations of folks that WISH to believe in them!

NOW< Back to the OP
s topic.

I say that track is from a BIG dog, MUD will always make a track look Bigger than the Foot that made it.
IT could be a Wolf track too, there NOT all Born Full sized, they start off life SMALL< and grow into things, so there tracks can be of all different sizes!

BUT if wolves are NOT common to your area, its again most likely a Dog track

99% of all cats will NOT walk with claws extended.

ON a side note, a bears front foot would be similar to this too, but I gather due to MUD< you would have seen its rear tracks and ruled them out!
but a bears front paw tracks will look like that and have claw marks present!

snoluver1

It is definitely a juvenile Sasquatch toying with you so you don't recognize its tracks.

I'm not sure what my next move is. I don't have as much squatch experience as you do. Should I start banging on trees to draw him in?

Your more than welcome to get the posse together and do a practice hunt, if you like.

T

Tracker

o hes out there still....more proof he lived and mated with us and did not go extinct as thought

where the bones of Homo erectus and his stone weapons are said to be mingled with the remains of the ape Gigantopithecus: the largest primate known to have lived.

Gigantopithecus had been thought by some paleontologists to have died out long before the rise of man and proof that the huge ape was actually a contemporary of Homo erectus would call for re-examination of the chronologies of primate evolution. Homo erectus was a Pleistocene-epoch ancestor of modern man.

more proof he is still alive as recently as 1960s

Gigantopithecus has been cloaked in mystery ever since its fossil remains were accidentally discovered in a Hong Kong pharmacy 51 years ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/11/11/science/fossils-point-to-giant-ape-s-violent-death.html

Woodtic

I'm not sure what my next move is. I don't have as much squatch experience as you do. Should I start banging on trees to draw him in?

Your more than welcome to get the posse together and do a practice hunt, if you like.

What kind of beer you do you have?

Woodtic

That will do,I was hoping you had the free kind. My dogs rear paws have 5 toes,must drive peaple to drink when they come across his prints in the woods.:)

snoluver1

Caught on my neighbors game cam. Any opinions? Looks cat like to me, but tail seems kinda short. Definitely does not look like a bushy coyote tail.
IMG_79621.jpg