January 9, 2024

indy_500

Sweet that’s useful system snow great for riding.
He just sent me a Snapchat video of it absolutely dumping 5 minutes ago, in the middle of a snow squall warning. They were supposed to just get 2-3” from this quick mover before the next storm Friday, might hit 20” before that storm even comes! Crazy

IOWASLEDDER

He just sent me a Snapchat video of it absolutely dumping 5 minutes ago, in the middle of a snow squall warning. They were supposed to just get 2-3” from this quick mover before the next storm Friday, might hit 20” before that storm even comes! Crazy

IOWASLEDDER

What a small world Indy that you know about Shueyville! That's awesome! I took the long way home last night through Shueyville and Solon and the snowmobile trails look fantastic. It's going to be a busy weekend on the trails around here. Our groomers are out and running. Winter storm warning again starting tonight calling for 5-10"

jedoyle

Put on a few miles riding here in Iowa yesterday afternoon/evening. I wish they wouldn't plow everything down so darn much but once you got outside of town the trails were pretty nice. Rode over to Sutliff & back from Ely. Shueyville is maybe 5-6 miles by sled for me. Small world. Who would have thunk I would cancel a trip to the UP this weekend due to lack of snow & then be able to ride around home.

IOWASLEDDER

Put on a few miles riding here in Iowa yesterday afternoon/evening. I wish they wouldn't plow everything down so darn much but once you got outside of town the trails were pretty nice. Rode over to Sutliff & back from Ely. Shueyville is maybe 5-6 miles by sled for me. Small world. Who would have thunk I would cancel a trip to the UP this weekend due to lack of snow & then be able to ride around home.
I'm suppose to be up there this week! But here I am at work. We canceled a couple weeks ago.

jedoyle

You are correct Indy. Not last year but the year before we got quite a bit of snow for Iowa standards. Last year Minnesota got hammered pretty good. When we get snow you have to get out & ride because like IOWASLEDDER said the trails will be garbage quickly due to traffic & many times warm temps. I have strictly rode UP trails for the past 5+ years so just easing my way back into Iowa ditch bangin'. It is definitely different.