January 9, 2024

IOWASLEDDER

Roughly 4" of heavy wet slop here in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Iowa corridor. Still coming down at a pretty good clip. Highways are crap. Saying 6-10" additional. We'll see...........

mezz

A dusting here in the Keweenaw. Marquette east & Central UP looks to get a 6-10" dose of wet snow.

fishcrib

Looks like a complete bust here in McHenry County IL.
Grass not even covered. Were supposed to get 6-10"
Mostly rain.
This has to be one of the top 5 missed forecasts. They even closed the schools yesterday.

hermie

Mostly rain.
This has to be one of the top 5 missed forecasts. They even closed the schools yesterday.
Total bust here so far. Was looking like some of the best trails in 3 years down here to trails not even opening. Hard to believe how easily they close schools now days. When I was a youngster in school they would wait until morning to make sure the weather guessers were correct. Then I would have the radio and TV with my fingers crossed that we would have a snow day.

snomoman

It’s been snowing on and off like crazy all morning long here in North Aurora, IL, the biggest snow of the season, let’s see where it goes…
If I could only wish that this was happening in the UP…

fishcrib

Mostly rain.
Maybe I was crying too soon! Snowing now.
Grass covered ..lol

Now saying 8-12 Friday. I will believe it when I see it.
Can only hope.

IOWASLEDDER

Afternoon update, up to about 7-8" of heavy wet snow and coming down in buckets right now. Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Iowa corridor. Wind blowing 30-40

jedoyle

Yup, your stats are spot on. I am located in Ely just north of you. The wind is blowing so hard I can hardly see the house across the street.

LoveMyDobe

Afternoon update, up to about 7-8" of heavy wet snow and coming down in buckets right now. Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Iowa corridor. Wind blowing 30-40
I’ve been watching the storm down there in my hometown Waterloo . Yes it’s more needed up here in NWWI. We have a whopping 3 inches on the ground so far this winter in Bayfield Co

IOWASLEDDER

Yup, your stats are spot on. I am located in Ely just north of you. The wind is blowing so hard I can hardly see the house across the street.
I live in Tiffin and work in Cedar Rapids by the airport. We ended up with a good 12" with some reports of around 15" I've been seeing. Went and ate lunch in Shueyville yesterday and I counted 8 snowmobiles in the parking lot.

Another 1-3 tonight and calling for another 4-7 Thursday night into Friday. This is crazy...........................

indy_500

I live in Tiffin and work in Cedar Rapids by the airport. We ended up with a good 12" with some reports of around 15" I've been seeing. Went and ate lunch in Shueyville yesterday and I counted 8 snowmobiles in the parking lot.

Another 1-3 tonight and calling for another 4-7 Thursday night into Friday. This is crazy...........................
My buddy lives in Shueyville and sent me this IMG_6766.jpeg