John Dee

bill_l

Saddened by the news that John has passed. He will certainly be missed by all. Condolences to the Dee family.

slimcake

I got the call this morning as well. Talk about a somber phone call. Think of the relationships and friendships bonded because of John Dee. Legendary. RIP John. Nora and Grace and family you have my sympathy and are in my prayers.

whitedust

I got the call this morning as well. Talk about a somber phone call. Think of the relationships and friendships bonded because of John Dee. Legendary. RIP John. Nora and Grace and family you have my sympathy and are in my prayers.
Boy you got that right Slimcake so many good friends made here. Thank you John!👍

goofy600

Thoughts and prayers to Nora and Grace and the entire Dee extended family. He will forever be remembered and missed. So very sad.

mezz

I am speechless, other than to say, my deepest heartfelt condolences to the entire Dee Family. They have certainly endured a great deal. I am so sorry to hear this. Gods speed John, Nora, Gracie & family.

skiroule

Wow, does this put everything in perspective. Sometimes I think we tend to forget just how precious life is. John touched so many people and he was a true friend. I’m a better person for having known him. I am so sad to hear this and I can’t imagine how tough this is for the family. My heart goes out to them.

indy_500

Been mulling this over all day and I’m not sure of all the right words to say, other than this generous man has had one heck of a positive impact on his own community, the snowmobiling community, and even my own life. Without him creating this site, I would not have met dozens of friends to enjoy this wonderful sport with. Heck, I probably would not have gotten to experience backcountry snowmobiling for 10 years if it were not for John, this site, and the wonderful friends I met along the way. I have been on here for 15 years now, and met John about that long ago as well at the Milwaukee snow show. About 10 years ago when he was battling health issues, John welcomed myself and a couple site members into his home and we cut all the firewood he needed for the winter. I also had the pleasure of riding with him a few times in the years following. It’s been a handful of years since our paths crossed, and I’m deeply saddened we won’t be able to. Although I only had the pleasure of meeting John a handful of times, he is someone I always looked up to, who will leave behind a lasting impact on a lot of peoples lives. Nora, Gracie, and family, you have my condolences. RIP JD, I hope there’s lake effect snow a plenty up there!

jedoyle

If it weren’t for John I wouldn’t consider myself a part-time Yooper. As others have stated, he touched so many peoples’ lives. We definitely owe him a debt of gratitude. Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.